Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

Acts that people go to the festival because they want to see THAT act. Like Eminem in 17, 85% of the campsite was there because Eminem was there. I want that kind of crowd draw, none of the names floated around do that. Travis Scott at a push, but I still just class him as a here today gone tomorrow kind of soundcloud artist.

I guess i was in the other 15% that night lol I watched Andy C over Eminem lol

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:Acts that people go to the festival because they want to see THAT act. Like Eminem in 17, 85% of the campsite was there because Eminem was there. I want that kind of crowd draw, none of the names floated around do that. Travis Scott at a push, but I still just class him as a here today gone tomorrow kind of soundcloud artist.

I get what you’re saying but I think it’s not the point of a festival to only see one artist, why not just see Eminem on tour next chance you have. A strong undercard can be just as important as the headliner, especially if you want value for your money 

28 minutes ago, VCK said:

There's nothing to suggest a Travis Scott/BMTH co headline is likely aside from a post from someone who claimed the other two headliners will be Stormzy and The Strokes.

Although it wouldn't surprise me if they ended up being the other two headliners.

Both of which are ruled out basically with Stormzy's tour too and The Strokes around early summer.

41 minutes ago, Rock_Cycle said:

I get what you’re saying but I think it’s not the point of a festival to only see one artist, why not just see Eminem on tour next chance you have. A strong undercard can be just as important as the headliner, especially if you want value for your money 

Honestly at R&L more than many other weekenders, a lot of people are only there for the headliners and sub-headers. I'm 18 and a fair amount of people saw only 2-3 acts a day because they were off their nut/chilling at the campsite/wanted to get to silent disco early. For sure most people see 5+ acts a day but those people would most likely be going anyway, its the people who only want to see a few people who are harder to draw in when they could just go to the pub/sesh/ parties instead. Not sure where I was going with that but I feel it made some sense.

Just now, gfa said:

Both of which are ruled out basically with Stormzy's tour too and The Strokes around early summer.

Honestly at R&L more than many other weekenders, a lot of people are only there for the headliners and sub-headers. I'm 18 and a fair amount of people saw only 2-3 acts a day because they were off their nut/chilling at the campsite/wanted to get to silent disco early. For sure most people see 5+ acts a day but those people would most likely be going anyway, its the people who only want to see a few people who are harder to draw in when they could just go to the pub/sesh/ parties instead. Not sure where I was going with that but I feel it made some sense.

Yeah that’s a fair point. I was just going off me and kind of people I go with, who always try to see a good amount of acts, but all sorts of people do going to reading and Leeds 

On 2/5/2018 at 5:03 PM, randlfan said:

My friends aunt just got some info on the 2020 headliners too btw, fair if you don't wanna believe me but we'll just have to wait and see won't we.

BBK, AM, MCR reunion.

cya there.

Hi I just seen mcr are doing an mk show and I want to get tickets and wanted to know is this like 100% the definite of what's coming 

20 minutes ago, Kandyk said:

Hi I just seen mcr are doing an mk show and I want to get tickets and wanted to know is this like 100% the definite of what's coming 

It’s not in any way definite of what’s coming. It isn’t true. 

Try and get yourself tickets for MK. They’re doing a second date on the 21st so if the 20th sells out tomorrow you’ve got another chance :) 

38 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

It’s not in any way definite of what’s coming. It isn’t true. 

Try and get yourself tickets for MK. They’re doing a second date on the 21st so if the 20th sells out tomorrow you’ve got another chance :) 

Has the second date actually been announced or just rumours? Not seen it anywhere else

Beginning to think that there won't actually be a rap headliner this year to be honest, they normally play on the Sunday of Leeds (Saturday at Reading I believe?), and obviously Liam Gallagher has that slot now. Could be wrong, and obviously that pattern can change at any time. 

Wouldn't object to all the headliners being rock artists/bands, just personal preference though.

7 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Beginning to think that there won't actually be a rap headliner this year to be honest, they normally play on the Sunday of Leeds (Saturday at Reading I believe?), and obviously Liam Gallagher has that slot now. Could be wrong, and obviously that pattern can change at any time. 

Wouldn't object to all the headliners being rock artists/bands, just personal preference though.

There’s definitely gonna be a rap headliner. It would be a terrible business move for them if they don’t get one

10 hours ago, Rock_Cycle said:

Yeah that’s a fair point. I was just going off me and kind of people I go with, who always try to see a good amount of acts, but all sorts of people do going to reading and Leeds 

And that is why I said 85%.

I walked around and talked to half of my campsite last time. Eminem classics was blasting around all the tents, the majority of people said they got tickets because Eminem was headlining, and then there was 10% were kids who were using it as a right of passage piss up weekend.

Nobody leaves the campsite till about 3/4 anyway and they stumble around radio 1 and NME tent listening to side bands and only go to pay attention to the headliner.

22 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

There’s definitely gonna be a rap headliner. It would be a terrible business move for them if they don’t get one

And that will absolutly be either;

Drake outright

Travis Scott co-headlining top

J Cole co-headlining bottom

Eminem outright

Snoop Dogg leftfield nobody thought of to close a show

Kanye West outright if he does his classics

Jay Z if they think he could draw the crowds

Let’s face it we’re gonna get Eminem and a Biffy/Courteeners co headline with Eminem on the Sunday 

8 hours ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Has the second date actually been announced or just rumours? Not seen it anywhere else

is this actually happening because I’d buy tickets for a Sunday

34 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

idk, I think pushing a more mainstream artist to a co headline slot would be a decent shout 

if the undercard is filled with rap and stuff with Skepta-Dave-Slowthai-Aitch-D Block Europe all quite high on the main stage and there being J Hus and Brockhampton maybe headlining R1, I could see the lack of a rap headliner in favour of BMTH/Courteeners - LG - the leftfield artist no ones thought off that will end up being Biffy/Blink

24 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Are Radiohead currently playing together or is it all Thom Yorke coz if they might I could see that on Sunday

After the stage collapse, I don’t think any member of Radiohead would ever play R&L seeing how they’re owned by a Live Nation company. 

25 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Oh rah, may I ask why that means they won’t play Reading tho

Cause they have condemned Live Nation for not putting the proper safety checks in, and I think they refuse to play any LN gigs.

Live Nation owns Festival Republic, who run R&L.

4 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Cause they have condemned Live Nation for not putting the proper safety checks in, and I think they refuse to play any LN gigs.

Live Nation owns Festival Republic, who run R&L.

Oh fair enough 

6 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

MCR tickets booked at least

Waiting for hopefully an extra gig