Nothing But Thieves

Sam Fender

MCR(was always gonna say it)

Lewis Capaldi 

Glass Animals

Sum 41

IDLES

Limp Bizkit

Honorable Mention to the Offspring, who I wanna see but will prolly never be back 

Edited by Gerard the Fab

I expect Hayley Williams there, as these acts always use the UK to kickstart the campaign, but placement is a big question. Leeds was the first solo performance of Gerard Way, only 3 years after MCR split. He opened the Radio 1 stage on the saturday and it was about half full. I was there and amazed, because I thought I'd have trouble getting in!

Mike Shinoda one year after the abrupt end of Linkin Park was put early doors on the main stage. No idea what the crowd size was, as I wasn't there.

Paramore have a big fandom, but are smaller than the above bands. I'd say Radio 1 is the best place.

3 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

I expect Hayley Williams there, as these acts always use the UK to kickstart the campaign, but placement is a big question. Leeds was the first solo performance of Gerard Way, only 3 years after MCR split. He opened the Radio 1 stage on the saturday and it was about half full. I was there and amazed, because I thought I'd have trouble getting in!

Mike Shinoda one year after the abrupt end of Linkin Park was put early doors on the main stage. No idea what the crowd size was, as I wasn't there.

Paramore have a big fandom, but are smaller than the above bands. I'd say Radio 1 is the best place.

Hayley Williams solo is a much bigger deal than either Gerard Way or Mike Shinoda. Think she’d demand a fairly big slot and pack the place out wherever she played. 

5 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Mike Shinoda was pretty empty, a few up the front but mostly people standing around chatting, I was by the speakers and the only time most people paid attention was when he played In the End

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Hayley Williams solo is a much bigger deal than either Gerard Way or Mike Shinoda. Think she’d demand a fairly big slot and pack the place out wherever she played. 

Yeah she already has a couple of massive bangers before “officially” going solo. Stay the night is one that comes to mind.

I'm at the point after using the last month without a lineup mulling it over and I would not buy a ticket to see LG, BMTH, Biffy and Travis Scott. None of those inspire me. I didnt bother with 18 because of the shocking headlines and 19 1975 and 21p didnt inspire me enough to want to go, especially with the poor undergrad IMO.

Now, If we had the 2 days either side of Liam Gallagher (entertaining as wet paint) something legendary like Guns N Rose's, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Drake, RHCP, QOTSA, Green Day, Killers, Coldplay, even Stormzy.

Acts that people go to the festival because they want to see THAT act. Like Eminem in 17, 85% of the campsite was there because Eminem was there. I want that kind of crowd draw, none of the names floated around do that. Travis Scott at a push, but I still just class him as a here today gone tomorrow kind of soundcloud artist.

13 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

I'm at the point after using the last month without a lineup mulling it over and I would not buy a ticket to see LG, BMTH, Biffy and Travis Scott. None of those inspire me. I didnt bother with 18 because of the shocking headlines and 19 1975 and 21p didnt inspire me enough to want to go, especially with the poor undergrad IMO.

Now, If we had the 2 days either side of Liam Gallagher (entertaining as wet paint) something legendary like Guns N Rose's, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Drake, RHCP, QOTSA, Green Day, Killers, Coldplay, even Stormzy.

Acts that people go to the festival because they want to see THAT act. Like Eminem in 17, 85% of the campsite was there because Eminem was there. I want that kind of crowd draw, none of the names floated around do that. Travis Scott at a push, but I still just class him as a here today gone tomorrow kind of soundcloud artist.

The subjective ramblings of a deaf man! 🥴

(I should add a wink emoji here by the way, in fact I have, or wouldve if it was easy to find on the desktop interface, instead, a wibble face/ moustache, again depending on your subjective view)

Edited by Benj

24 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Wrong festival for the first three mate - they really don't have many options and it seems all August festivals are struggling for acts. Almost everyone has announced/is announcing later than usual, its not like they don't want to announce early its just that they are clearly still looking for acts.

59 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

With the greatest respect, the last paragraph is waffle. I'm not alone in saying I'd MUCH rather see Travis than Eminem.

At the same time though I agree about the other headliners being underwhelming but still don't at all know why you've compared Coldplay to any one of the other bands.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Hardeevan said:

With the greatest respect, the last paragraph is waffle. I'm not alone in saying I'd MUCH rather see Travis than Eminem.

At the same time though I agree about the other headliners being underwhelming but still don't at all know why you've compared Coldplay to any one of the other bands.

Seconded.

Not massively into his music but I’ll admit that Travis’s live shows are mad.