Lineup 2020

randlfan

4 hours ago, So Sad Simon said:

Showing your age with that reference.

She headlined Sziget in 2018 when Liam subbed her. Other headliners included Arctic Monkeys, Lana Del Rey and Kendrick Lamar.

She has only got bigger since then. I think @billybigballs has a point.

Sziget is in a different country and 5 days long, Kygo headlined that same year too. Is he in with a shout to headline Reading?? The National headlined Sziget in 2019, they pretty much emptied the arena when they last played Reading.

And...where was Dua Lipa on the Reading Line up in 2018???

Edited by Benj

5 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Exactly, having a week in sunny Madrid with a cracker of a lineup and then off for a little tour of Italy.

Think European festivals are something i'll definitely consider more so long as mad cool goes well.

Lineup looks to be the best in Europe (if not the world) imo as well, and we haven't even got 2 of the headliners yet.

Think the only reason I paid a bit extra is because going with a party of 6, accoms are fussy & are usually bigger at that demand meaning they can bump up the price a bit. To be fair we're there for a week so still seems 550 all in is cracking.

20 minutes ago, Benj said:

5 days long

It's seven days long actually.

The point being made was that IF Dua Lipa were to play R&L this year she would only do it as a headliner and, I've got to say, I agree. 

That said, I don't believe she WILL play but, if she did, it would be as a sub Liam Gallagher!

Edited by So Sad Simon

9 minutes ago, So Sad Simon said:

It's seven days long actually.

The point being made was that IF Dua Lipa were to play R&L this year she would only do it as a headliner and, I've got to say, I agree. 

That said, I don't believe she WILL play but, if she did, it would be as a sub Liam Gallagher!

I think the counter point being made is that she won't be playing R&L then!

1 hour ago, lharris92 said:

people worried about this, you never used to get announcements until March... late March at that, slowly getting earlier.

Yep! 

This is my first time in 10 years interested in Reading festival (mostly as I've moved there), last time I got tickets in 2010 both tickets and lineup weren't released until around the 20somethingth of March, so you didn't even have time to weigh up if you were interested in the lineup or not, there was such a panic about tickets being released that you bought now and thought later! 

1 minute ago, Alfrancis1989 said:

They had to add an extra date at my home town (Halifax) 😂😂

Yep, they still seem to draw in a big crowd wherever they go. Current tour features a few sold out arenas and on the back of the huge gig at Elland Road last summer.

If they played a setlist stuffed with their old bangers they’d go down a treat as Radio 1 Headliners 

2 minutes ago, ob123 said:

Yep, they still seem to draw in a big crowd wherever they go. Current tour features a few sold out arenas and on the back of the huge gig at Elland Road last summer.

If they played a setlist stuffed with their old bangers they’d go down a treat as Radio 1 Headliners 

The Elland Road gig wasn’t strictly speaking their gig but a community gig celebrating Leeds United centenary.

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

Consensus seems to be that The Strokes are getting announced for like 3 different European festivals today across June and July, not sure if that has any bearing on R+L, it's been a good 9 years now. 

Makes them more unlikely if they’re in Europe June and July

Edited by Sam Y
Autocorrect

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Consensus seems to be that The Strokes are getting announced for like 3 different European festivals today across June and July, not sure if that has any bearing on R+L, it's been a good 9 years now. 

Source?

8 minutes ago, thetime said:

Heavily rumoured it's going to be werchter, NOS and best kept secret.

It all points to the strokes.

Alright cheers. Off for Reading then not that i was really expecting them anymore

21 hours ago, stanh said:

dont think this makes them out the running personally...

both the streets and major lazer (most likely) will have other dates in the uk over summer

I fully expect they will have other dates just extremely unlikely to be at reading and leeds but yeah not totally impossible i guess

Gotta be this year for The Strokes, the new album hype is unreal and I can’t think of any band around their size that haven’t played in recent years and are active.

Courteeners won’t be there, To me there isn’t room unless FR aren’t bothered about variety. Slipknot would be great and such a “Curve ball”. Slipknot co-heading with Travis would be a great booking imo.

Foals would be cool too but they’d have to headline outright atm, maybe a secret set?