Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 minutes ago, stanh said:

I mean she'd be a very strong sub too... 

Dua Lipa is huge, she has a good 47 million listeners a month and is currently the 13th most streamed artist in the world. She'd make a great headliner/co-headliner, especially with the lack of female headline artists currently available - maybe Billie Eilish / Dua Lipa would make a great duo for example.

This current album she is about to release I'm certain will be much bigger than the first one and will definitely enable her to be of headliner size. 

Spotify streams isn't the best way to place an artist on the poster if that was the case then Tones and I would have a better chance of headlining than Dua Lipa seeing as she's currently 12th in the world, I personally don't think Dua Lipa is headline material yet but she'd make hell of a good sub

16 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Seen the size of Dua Lipa’s tour.

Aye it's huge but then again so is Gerry's but i wouldn't expect him to be at the top of the bill just yet, I just can't see her headlining, just doesn't seem to me like a headliner just yet but she is massive, if her new album goes down as well as her first and we get some songs as popular as New Rules, IDGAF, Be The One, One Kiss then she could do it in a few years no doubt, just can't see it this year

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

41 minutes ago, stanh said:

Dua Lipa is huge, she has a good 47 million listeners a month and is currently the 13th most streamed artist in the world. She'd make a great headliner/co-headliner, especially with the lack of female headline artists currently available - maybe Billie Eilish / Dua Lipa would make a great duo for example.

This current album she is about to release I'm certain will be much bigger than the first one and will definitely enable her to be of headliner size. 

How successful she is isn’t really the arguement here, it’s the fact that an artist of her ilk isn’t going to headline a festival like Reading and Leeds.

She could headline BST and probably Glastonbury but she will not ever headline a festival with the demographic of Reading and Leeds. Regardless of how much she sells.

For example, Beyonce/Taylor Swift are huge and play their own stadium tours but neither will headline Reading or Leeds.

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Also whats with Calvin Harris playing cream two years running in the same slot - we moan and groan but at least we don't get stuff like that 😕 

Yeah i thought he was there last year but never bothered checking, that is a bit of a weird choice to have him two years in a row but they'll no doubt have a small pool of headliners and looking at the announcement on twitter nobody seems to care he's there again they're just asking for Scooter 

• Upvote 1

It is slightly concerning to me that 2018 at least had an announcement for the announcement before the end of the year, even if it was another month and a half before the actual announcement. They seem hesitant to commit to announcing anything, as if nothing big is confirmed.

1 hour ago, stanh said:

I mean she'd be a very strong sub too... 

I’ve seen Dua Lipa.

She wasn’t that good

20 hours ago, R Shah said:

Can someone fill in on the Muse news?

They said at their O2 gig on September 15th 2019 that these would be their last UK shows for a while. 

Yeah I went to that gig and either Matt or Dom said they weren't planning a show for ages. But Matt Bellamy said the other day they might do a Royal Albert Hall show in 2020 as one of their only gigs of what is otherwise intended to be a quiet year. So they're likelier to do fests in 2021, but then I didn't think they'd do R&L given they only played it 3 years ago.

11 minutes ago, Quorn said:

It is slightly concerning to me that 2018 at least had an announcement for the announcement before the end of the year, even if it was another month and a half before the actual announcement. They seem hesitant to commit to announcing anything, as if nothing big is confirmed.

Or they’re still tryna get big bands

10 hours ago, Bixer said:

I believe that was the year after. 

My main memory from 2008 is a rumour going round the entire campsite that the band on the bill for the BBC Introducing stage called 'The FF'ers' were actually the Foo Fighters coming to do a secret mini set. Mass disappointment ensued when there really was just a band call The FF'ers and they were booed and bottled off stage. Hilarious at the time, but quite harsh really (though maybe a bit of a poor choice of band name). 

Wouldn't happen these days with things like smartphones and being easily able to look things up, but I suppose that would've been one of the last few years where word of mouth at the site is all you had! 

I think I remember that story. That was back in the day I was first getting into music and I remember NME hyping it up on the site beforehand saying it might be a sign of a secret Foos set, then everyone being pretty narked when it wasn't. I think they'd done a secret set when they headlined V the year before, so I guess it wasn't without merit, but equally I think they'd only just done Wembley, so maybe it was a bit too soon.

In retrospect that would've been a great first gig experience to go to. But hey ho - much as I imagine Reading has a fair share of 15 year olds, I doubt I would've convinced anyone to go at that time.

8 minutes ago, Quorn said:

Seems like they’re leaving it very late if they’re still trying to get some big acts.

As in and MCR or AC/DC, who need to sell out their own shows or release new music first