Lineup 2020

randlfan

15 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

There's just so many other bands i'd rather see bumped to headliner status than Courteeners. 

Honestly, I feel like Vampire Weekend or 2DCC or even CATB would be good

Has everyone decided against Foals and Florence + the Machine 

8 minutes ago, Benj said:

There’s no chance Courteeners and Liam Gallagher outright headline Reading festival. 

Unless a certain Strongbow flavour is the new sponsor

Courteeners can headline Leeds, I think they are at the stage where they can be bumped up. But like you said, as well as Liam Gallagher, i'd expect some more diversity to appeal to a wider audience. 

53 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Honestly, I feel like Vampire Weekend or 2DCC or even CATB would be good

Has everyone decided against Foals and Florence + the Machine 

No way are Foals headlining.

They are subbing TRNSMT and headlining small (in comparison to Reading/Leeds) festivals this year.

22 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

No way are Foals headlining.

They are subbing TRNSMT and headlining small (in comparison to Reading/Leeds) festivals this year.

They co headlined in 2016, why can’t they do that again 

49 minutes ago, 19liam75 said:

You should defo call the cover band MCR - Men Chatting Rubbish

sounds brilliant 

21 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Feel like Catfish are in the same boat Royal Blood were in last year. People were so sure that they could headline, but a sub slot made sense. Feel like Catfish will do this as well.

Maybe but if there’s to co headliners I can’t see them under that

1 minute ago, Gerard the Fab said:

They co headlined in 2016, why can’t they do that again

Due to their placing at various festivals this year it doesn’t seem likely pal.

I think they’d be entirely deserving with their output but subjectively no one headlining a festival like Neighbourhood is going to co headline Reading/Leeds.

2 hours ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Hopefully fast enough for you lot to shut up about MCR already. Not been on in ages, they have announce the MK date and you are still going on about it. Its a fucking R&L chat ffs. Not being funny but its well annoying seeing MCR every comment and nothing to do with R&L. Just created a MCR chat already. Or rename this one.

Obviously gonna get backlash from this comment but im sure there are others thinking the same thing.

I'm a weak-minded w*nker x

Everyone just chill the fuck out, seriously. It's a festival forum for Christ's sake, relax.

Anyway, back to R+L, my biggest hope for this years festival (other than no Courteeners full stop) is that The Pit/The Lockup improves dramatically. Seems like they really half arsed it last year, especially on the Sunday, with no clash with Post Malone I believe? Having Shikari clash with ADTR was just cruel too. Anyone know why they didn't have anyone clash with Post Malone? Just seemed a weird decision to make.

Edited by Pottsy2913

23 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Everyone just chill the fuck out, seriously. It's a festival forum for Christ's sake, relax.

Anyway, back to R+L, my biggest hope for this years festival (other than no Courteeners full stop) is that The Pit/The Lockup improves dramatically. Seems like they really half arsed it last year, especially on the Sunday, with no clash with Post Malone I believe? Having Shikari clash with ADTR was just cruel too. Anyone know why they didn't have anyone clash with Post Malone? Just seemed a weird decision to make.

The pit could improve so much. There's some great homegrown heavier music out there which would fit perfectly at home. Sadly what seems to be booked is some fairly mediocre pop punk and alt rock that belongs on stages such as festival republic really.

In other news, as well as The Streets doing SW4 and also being announced for Nass and Sounds of The City, they're doing their biggest show yet at an unconfirmed outdoor location in Birmingham this summer. Seems they'd rather do some smaller events than R&L. Happy with that though, I'll be at Nass and the Birmingham show for sure.

Just now, TheWaters said:

In other news, as well as The Streets doing SW4 and also being announced for Nass and Sounds of The City, they're doing their biggest show yet at an unconfirmed outdoor location in Birmingham this summer. Seems they'd rather do some smaller events than R&L. Happy with that though, I'll be at Nass and the Birmingham show for sure.

Would have loved to have the streets at R&L, i'm sure they will at some point soon anyway. The Birmingham show entices me a bit although not sure Naas or SW4 are for me sadly.

2 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Would have loved to have the streets at R&L, i'm sure they will at some point soon anyway. The Birmingham show entices me a bit although not sure Naas or SW4 are for me sadly.

Yeah from what I've heard I'm not sure how much Nass will be for me but it'll be worth it for The Streets and a couple other acts I reckon. Yeah the Birmingham show is a must. Going to be hard to get tickets I imagine, reckon the whole of the city will be going for one based on my social medias today!

4 minutes ago, Jericode said:

What acts do we want on the Pit/Lock-Up this year then?

Reckon Creeper and Fever 333 get decent spots, but I'd love if they can bring One OK Rock back since they've played the stage before and they always tour here inconveniently :P

Wonder Years Headline against whoever is shittest in the main stage

1 minute ago, Jericode said:

Reckon Creeper and Fever 333 get decent spots, but I'd love if they can bring One OK Rock back since they've played the stage before and they always tour here inconveniently :P

Counterparts, Stray from the path, Turnstile (Uk tour in March though so doubtful)/ trapped under ice, Knocked Loose, Grove street families, Sylosis, Higher Power, Code orange, Marmozets, Every time i die 

6 minutes ago, Jericode said:

The Front Bottoms subbing would be a dream. They've got a new album on the way too.

I only get 5 days off of work during the summer, and need to let them know by next week at the latest, need a reading announcement ASAP.

Could there be a big ‘rap’ headline on the Sunday to play the legendary spot? Not convinced LG is the biggest headliner if he’s playing on the Saturday on the rappers day. Wouldn’t surprise me if they had a bmth/biffy on the Friday LG Saturday and then something massively unexpected like Drake Sunday.

4 minutes ago, alfiemartin said:

I only get 5 days off of work during the summer, and need to let them know by next week at the latest, need a reading announcement ASAP.

Could there be a big ‘rap’ headline on the Sunday to play the legendary spot? Not convinced LG is the biggest headliner if he’s playing on the Saturday on the rappers day. Wouldn’t surprise me if they had a bmth/biffy on the Friday LG Saturday and then something massively unexpected like Drake Sunday.

book it anyway, worst case scenario have a great time and get drunk

9 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Counterparts, Stray from the path, Turnstile (Uk tour in March though so doubtful)/ trapped under ice, Knocked Loose, Grove street families, Sylosis, Higher Power, Code orange, Marmozets, Every time i die 

Would love a bit of this, looks like its own 1 day festival alone.