Lineup 2020

randlfan

13 hours ago, TKOCF said:

I think we’re in for another 2018.

Everyone’s predicting RHCP and Travis with a sense of certainty like we predicted AM and Foos that’s year, and got slapped in the face with KoL and Fall Out Boy.

*quiet G, followed by an FSharp

Ready for Courteeners and the Libertines 🤢🤢

RATM - BMTH - Dave - Sam Fender/R1: Vampire Weekend

LG - Skepta - Lewis Capaldi - Slowthai/R1: Rex Orange County 

MCR - Wolf Alice - Idles - Aitch/ R1: Brockhampton 

This is an ideal scenario I understand it’s not gonna happen but where we stand with who can and can’t play this would be an absolute dream

14 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

RATM - BMTH - Dave - Sam Fender/R1: Vampire Weekend

LG - Skepta - Lewis Capaldi - Slowthai/R1: Rex Orange County 

MCR - Wolf Alice - Idles - Aitch/ R1: Brockhampton 

This is an ideal scenario I understand it’s not gonna happen but where we stand with who can and can’t play this would be an absolute dream

There’s a thread for lineups.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Still expecting mcr announcement on the 22nd. I really think it will just be the one date and they'll headline reading 2021

Dyou think they’ll remain together then, I had the feeling it would be a one off tour and then back to solo again

27 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Dyou think they’ll remain together then, I had the feeling it would be a one off tour and then back to solo again

I think there's an album coming. Someone pieced together all those symbols from the reunion announcement as relating to tarot cards. All points to new album and does seem like something Gerard would do

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

4 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

I think there's an album coming. Someone pieced together all those symbols from the reunion announcement as relating to tarot cards. All points to new album and does seem like something Gerard would do

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

🤣🤣🤣 If it is that is absolutely amazing and then yh i could see them 2021. Do we think maybe Glasto other stage headliner, coz all 3 are supposedly Main Stage worthy, or just this MK gig

5 minutes ago, Anonymous1234543675 said:

What do you think about any one of snow patrol, primal scream, chemical brothers

Snow Patrol wouldnt headline i dont think. Primal Scream maybe but i only know there old stuff. I could see Chemical Brothers co headlining tbf, but idk who with

Just now, TornShaun said:

I don't think so, couldn't find it, but i might be wrong

Nothing on setlist.fm suggests they've even played Reading in general, nevermind the festival itself. I know there's a few venues around the place, hence why I pondered that possibility.

Not sure how they'd even go down tbf. Final Straw has some good songs but after that they became a bit less interesting. Even if one can't deny Chasing Cars is a big singalong - saw as such first hand when they opened for Arctic Monkeys in Madrid, have no doubt its equally the case in the USA where it became a huge deal for a while.

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

Nothing on setlist.fm suggests they've even played Reading in general, nevermind the festival itself. I know there's a few venues around the place, hence why I pondered that possibility.

Not sure how they'd even go down tbf. Final Straw has some good songs but after that they became a bit less interesting. Even if one can't deny Chasing Cars is a big singalong - saw as such first hand when they opened for Arctic Monkeys in Madrid, have no doubt its equally the case in the USA where it became a huge deal for a while.

I'm not really a fan, but i can't deney 'Chasing Cars' is a tune and half! Great video! Plus it's in 'Grey's Anatomy' multiple times lol (yeah shockingly sad on my part haha) 

7 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

I'm not really a fan, but i can't deney 'Chasing Cars' is a tune and half! Great video! Plus it's in 'Grey's Anatomy' multiple times lol (yeah shockingly sad on my part haha) 

The Wikipedia article on the song makes many references to it appearing in that show tbf, even if I've not really seen it.

Its funny - Madrid was the first time I'd heard that song in years, but I still knew the words. And then haven't bothered to listen to since, yet can picture how it sounds. Its weird.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I think they might have done the Carling Stage at some point before they were shit. Wouldn't suit the festival nowadays, unless there was a scheme where punters could bring their parents for a discount price.

2 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Chemical Brothers subbing LG?

Nope. They won't ever play R+L again - I don't think the demographic is there for them and their show would be redundant in the light. Headlining IOW and Latitude this year as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Snow Patrol wouldnt headline i dont think. Primal Scream maybe but i only know there old stuff. I could see Chemical Brothers co headlining tbf, but idk who with

Primal Scream are headlining Bingley Live this year, they haven’t been able to headline Reading for around 20 years at this point.

Snow Patrol will never play the festival, same as people like Ed Sheeran and Lewis Capaldi. They don’t suit the type of festival Reading & Leeds are or the demographic.

Chemical Brothers,  combination of both the reasons I’ve just given. Don’t think they are ‘big’ enough to headline either Glasto or Reading/Leeds anymore.
If a headliner pulled out of Glasto and they needed someone quick I could see Chems being respected enough amongst that demographic to be used as a replacement but not at Reading/Leeds. And they aren’t the type of group that either festival would put their eggs in the basket to shift tickets.

Yeah I can't see Chems ever doing R&L again. Not their crowd. Real shame as they have one of the best live shows I've ever seen. Hoping to see them again this year so praying they headline Truck or YNOT, I'll be at whichever they do if they are there. Think they'd go down great there. Secretly praying their the final headliner for Nass to but that'd NEVER happen haha. 

Back to R&L anyway, yeah no chance of Chems, Primal Scream or Snow Patrol.

Edited by TheWaters

4 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Primal Scream played 3rdish from top when they last played (and were awful) no chance theyd be any higher if they turned up now, which will be unlikely. 

12 minutes ago, Benj said:

Primal Scream played 3rdish from top when they last played (and were awful) no chance theyd be any higher if they turned up now, which will be unlikely. 

They headlined one of the tents after that about 12 or 13 years ago, they weren't too bad that day.

Cant see them being booked again though.

Edited by rivalschools.price