Lineup 2020

randlfan

11 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

The XX posted at the end of last year that they had all been working on new music this year and made it sound as if they'll be doing their own separate things this year, would love for Jamie XX to headline the R1 against Liam, make it happen Melvin

I saw him in 2015 I went to see Years and Years and caught most of him and he was brilliant 

11 hours ago, Kian said:

Headlining-             LG / Travis Scott / Skepta or AM

Sub-Head-    Courteeners           /     Catfish & The Bottlemen     /          Gerry Cinnamon or Vampire Weekend

Mura Masa            /          Slowthai          /          Declan McKenna or Blossoms

R1-          Two Door Cinema Club       /        The Amazons / Mac DeMarco or Cage The Elephant

Dylan John Thomas    /         IDLES          /               Rex Orange County

(Festival Rep- Gus Dapperton, Crumb, Hippo Campus, The Vaccines, Hot Flash Heat Wave, Goth Girl, Inner Wave, Summer Salt, No Vacation, Kid Bloom, Boy Pablo)

I feel like this is pretty wrong on many levels

11 hours ago, Kian said:

Headlining-             LG / Travis Scott / Skepta or AM

Sub-Head-    Courteeners           /     Catfish & The Bottlemen     /          Gerry Cinnamon or Vampire Weekend

Mura Masa            /          Slowthai          /          Declan McKenna or Blossoms

R1-          Two Door Cinema Club       /        The Amazons / Mac DeMarco or Cage The Elephant

Dylan John Thomas    /         IDLES          /               Rex Orange County

(Festival Rep- Gus Dapperton, Crumb, Hippo Campus, The Vaccines, Hot Flash Heat Wave, Goth Girl, Inner Wave, Summer Salt, No Vacation, Kid Bloom, Boy Pablo)

Sponsored by Strongbow Dark Fruits?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, TornShaun said:

Yeah this would be hell on earth for me personally lol Not a single artist or band i like listed there lol

Honestly, AM already ruled out and Skepta wont headline. Gerry Cinnamon could never sub, Blossoms wont come back from subbing a co to third down, Mura Masa wouldnt play Main surely, 2DCC wont take a step back, The Amazons prolly aint big enough and the Vaccines are on the flipping Festival Republic

11 minutes ago, charlierc said:

For definite?

well according to most people in this forum they arent touring this year and wont be playing any festivals, i feel like its pretty unlikely. Wait for the next album i think. Tranquility stuff wouldnt go down very well either i dont think

Edited by Gerard the Fab

1 minute ago, Gerard the Fab said:

well according to most people in this forum they arent touring this year and wont be playing any festivals, i feel like its pretty unlikely. Wait for the next album i think. Tranquility stuff wouldnt go down very well either i dont think

Maybe - Four out of Five was good live but the rest of it didn't go down so well, though I can only vouch from what I saw at Mad Cool Festival. I thought they sounded nice live but perhaps not as big-time live and punchy in the company of bona fide live rockets from the other 5 albums.

6 years since their last R&L headline slot would've been in line tbf, but if the buzz is that new music is still gonna be in long term development, its not meant to be for this one.

Do we actually need to have a rap headliner. Surely if Skepta subs and Slowthai play mainstage, with Brockhampton and or J Hus headlining R1, then the lack of one would be accepted. If we dont get one i could see

Biffy/BMTH, LG, The Strokes

or

Foals/BMTH, LG, Biffy/Blink

or 

The Strokes, LG, MCR with BMTH subbing

Edited by Gerard the Fab

3 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Maybe - Four out of Five was good live but the rest of it didn't go down so well, though I can only vouch from what I saw at Mad Cool Festival. I thought they sounded nice live but perhaps not as big-time live and punchy in the company of bona fide live rockets from the other 5 albums.

6 years since their last R&L headline slot would've been in line tbf, but if the buzz is that new music is still gonna be in long term development, its not meant to be for this one.

Exactly, idk if theyll change their style back again for the next album, but i feel like most would want AM stuff and a few bits before. 

But yh i feel like the next couple of years is prolly a better shout than this year

18 hours ago, VCK said:

I remember when we had to wait until March/April for the first line-up announcement. You kids have it easy these days! ;) 

Ahh the days of both F5ing the ticket page to death and trying to look through the lineup simultaneously as they both got released at exactly the same time.

14 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Exactly, idk if theyll change their style back again for the next album, but i feel like most would want AM stuff and a few bits before. 

But yh i feel like the next couple of years is prolly a better shout than this year

I presume they're going to do something a bit less predictable tbf - they've rarely made the music people expect of them since the opening 2 albums (although granted Humbug and AM were telegraphed in advance).

But yeah - maybe for 2021. I like to think we might get some word on some new material later in the year, maybe towards the end of it.

AM will be rumoured every year and ngl with them we just have absolutely no way of knowing when they'll be back again. 

Would be a lovely surprise to see them headline the Sunday but can't see it personally. They absolutely have to headline R+L by 2022 latest though I feel, they're such a perfect booking for so many reasons. 

7 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

@So Sad Simon Has relayed info in the Sziget thread that Red Hot Chili Peppers and Travis Scott are playing there. R&L might involve Bring Me The Horizon or Biffy Clyro too, but hard to look past those first two and Liam Gallagher as this year's headliners. 

RHCP - LG - BIFFY/TS

BMTH (subbing RHCP)

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

@So Sad Simon Has relayed info in the Sziget thread that Red Hot Chili Peppers and Travis Scott are playing there. R&L might involve Bring Me The Horizon or Biffy Clyro too, but hard to look past those first two and Liam Gallagher as this year's headliners. 

Wasn’t that before the info last night that RHCP have now announced all their 2020 dates?

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

we discounted this source on the thread - they also said Selena Gomez was headlining...

EDIT:

2dcc new album in 2020 according to their subreddit - could maybe see them coming back in 2021 to co-head if its going to be big and skip 2020 although I reckon they are still on to sub 2020. Announced at the berlin show (last night/recently)

Edited by gfa
extra info

Wouldn’t lie I would love to see Vampire Weekend, The Big Moon, King Krule, Goat Girl, Cage the elephant and Kaleo at Reading this year plus maybe the rap head has been moved to Friday this year due to he/she being smaller than previous rap headliners such as Kendrick, Eminem and post would expect someone like A$ap or Travis in this slot perhaps they would co-head with the likes of Biffy Clyro could see that being a nice Friday headline 

Biffy Clyro / Travis Scott 

Liam Gallagher 

Blur (dunno why I’m saying this again have absolutely no clue) 

personally would love to see an upcoming indie band such  as Bombay or VW take a headline slot but maybe there to small

Edited by Dim Sum

4 hours ago, Dim Sum said:

Wouldn’t lie I would love to see Vampire Weekend, The Big Moon, King Krule, Goat Girl, Cage the elephant and Kaleo at Reading this year plus maybe the rap head has been moved to Friday this year due to he/she being smaller than previous rap headliners such as Kendrick, Eminem and post would expect someone like A$ap or Travis in this slot perhaps they would co-head with the likes of Biffy Clyro could see that being a nice Friday headline 

Biffy Clyro / Travis Scott 

Liam Gallagher 

Blur (dunno why I’m saying this again have absolutely no clue) 

personally would love to see an upcoming indie band such  as Bombay or VW take a headline slot but maybe there to small

I think someone like Blur would play as a surprise no one expects

But I think VW could co at a push