Lineup 2020

randlfan

19 minutes ago, Alfrancis1989 said:

Chances of Leeds??

1863039D-D544-4753-8F68-BA3C93EA39C1.png

See idek where Disclosure fit anymore they were alright co in 2016 but I feel like they’d be so much better R1 headliner or are they too big for that now??

36 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I got a notification earlier saying that the official R&L insta posted a video, then when I saw it and clicked on it they’ve taken it down 

anyone else seen this???

It’s the video on their twitter, nothing exciting

2 hours ago, lukecork said:

Refusing to stream their discography doesn't really help either, not sure if that effected their UK fan growth like. They seem very loved or ignored over here. Never really an in between i find. 

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

13 year gap between UK shows, both of which were Download, the length of time between albums. Not once did they come back in those 13 years just to play existing material. 

The weirdest part is that Justin (bassist) is English. Must have told them some right horror stories about growing up in London in the 70s that put them off.

I’m a big fan and I say this with love but they don’t give a shit about the UK at all. They are very much an American centric band and that’s where their focus has been pretty much their entire career. They play the occasional show or festival over in Europe  but nothing dramatic. The fact that they are pretty much just not touring fear inocculum here speaks volumes.

Yes I know there’s rumours they want to tour at the end of 2020 but these are still rumours at the moment. There’s no indication they plan to come to Europe at all (as things stand).

I wonder if they just know they aren’t as big in Europe as they are in America and just can’t be assed.

Edited by Matt42

4 hours ago, BenG92 said:

They're my favourite band, and it was a "very Tool album". Definitely made a lot of fans happy after a 13 year wait but nothing particularly new that would draw in new listeners, other than the fact that they're back.

If you're gonna give them a go, listen to the album Lateralus. It's their best and gives you a good indication of what they're all about. It's worth 1hr20 of your life, who knows, you might fall in love, you might hate it. There's nothing quite like them for better or worse. 

The best description I’ve heard of Fear Incoculum is that when 10,000 Days came out, you could tell that they had spent the time after Lateralus listening to bands like Meshuggah but in the time between 10,000 Days and Fear Inoculum, it was like Tool had listened to Tool. Still, it’s an excellent album. 

Just now, Rock_Cycle said:

I think she’s guaranteed to headline in 2021. No point having her back before she has new music out, but they’ll definitely want her back asap

She’s going to have the Bond theme, that’s gonna be milked to high heaven😂😂