Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 minutes ago, Jericode said:

There's absolutely zero chance Billie Eilish is playing given her tour dates and proximity to the festival.

Everyone seems to be saying something along these lines about everyone atm

19 minutes ago, Jericode said:

There's absolutely zero chance Billie Eilish is playing given her tour dates and proximity to the festival.

I wouldn't say zero. The tour is long sold out. There would be a huge appetite by many to have her at R&L. I wouldn't say its anywhere near zero, assuming that is any other commitments elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, escapehere said:

Liam Gallagher - RHCP - Travis Scott/BMTH. final answer.

Sadly this is seeming more and more likely. We always need to remember the echo chamber in which we sit though which self affirms this stuff in our minds.

Im hanging on to that anyway, not one of those really appeals to me personally

• Like 1

And yeah, feel like I change my mind everyday as to who I think is going to headline this thing. 

I'm going to go with LG > RHCP > Travis Scott/BMTH as well for my final answer. Seems the likely headliners this year to be honest. Biffy Clyro secret set. May just end up getting a day ticket for the Bring Me The Horizon day though to be honest.

Other bands/artists I think will appear = Bullet For My Valentine, Skepta, slowthai, All Time Low, Sam Fender, Lewis Capaldi, Asking Alexandria, IDLES, BROCKHAMPTON, I Prevail and Papa Roach.

Oh, and The Fratellis ;) 

Edited by Pottsy2913
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

And yeah, feel like I change my mind everyday as to who I think is going to headline this thing. 

I'm going to go with LG > RHCP > Travis Scott/BMTH as well. Seems the likely headliners this year to be honest. Biffy Clyro secret set.

Other bands/artists I think will appear = Bullet For My Valentine, Skepta, slowthai, All Time Low, Sam Fender, Lewis Capaldi, Asking Alexandria, IDLES, BROCKHAMPTON, I Prevail and Papa Roach.

Oh, and The Fratellis ;) 

All sounds fairly likely but what would you do with Lewis Capaldi? He seems to have went straight to the top of the ladder rather quickly.

Is he not considered headline material these days? I'm not sure about placement on a lineup. Would he be a "special guest"?

Just now, Dales said:

All sounds fairly likely but what would you do with Lewis Capaldi? He seems to have went straight to the top of the ladder rather quickly.

Is he not considered headline material these days? I'm not sure about placement on a lineup. Would he be a "special guest"?

I don't see him as Reading and Leeds headline material quite yet (if ever) to be honest, but yeah, could see him getting a special guest slot. Perhaps third down on the Liam Gallagher day? 

Would absolutely love for Liam and Lewis to absolutely rinse Noel on stage together as well, can't even lie.

26 minutes ago, Gavin Ballin said:

Tool possible headliner????

Non-Tool fans were confused enough that they appeared after a 13 year UK hiatus to headline Download. The R+L crowd would be even more baffled. No chance. I honestly don't even expect a UK show in 2020, I'll probably end up going to see them in Europe. 

Just now, Kian said:

No chance of AM coming back this year then?

No actually it's still on the cards I think everything's on the cards at this rate I think Dick & Dom are likely to headline. But yeah AM are in the running but so are Biffy Clyro, BMTH, Travis Scott, A$ap Rocky, Tyler the creator, the streets, Florence and the machine, Vampire Weekend, Two door cinema club, Rex Orange county actually everyone is.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Non-Tool fans were confused enough that they appeared after a 13 year UK hiatus to headline Download. The R+L crowd would be even more baffled. No chance. I honestly don't even expect a UK show in 2020, I'll probably end up going to see them in Europe. 

Yeah i've never got into Tool but i know they're absolutely massive in their field, Just out of curiosity how was their last album perceived ? 

Not sure they're R&L material.

Edited by lukecork

3 minutes ago, Dim Sum said:

No actually it's still on the cards I think everything's on the cards at this rate I think Dick & Dom are likely to headline. But yeah AM are in the running but so are Biffy Clyro, BMTH, Travis Scott, A$ap Rocky, Tyler the creator, the streets, Florence and the machine, Vampire Weekend, Two door cinema club, Rex Orange county actually everyone is.

Tyler is a shout, i imagine he was one of the first on the list now he isn't banned from here aha.

1 minute ago, lukecork said:

Tyler is a shout, i imagine he was one of the first on the list now he isn't banned from here aha.

Sadly though tyler is pretty ruled out as he's playing parklife,love box and longitude in Ireland in early summer which means he's not gonna come back basically

I think I'd rather have the Strokes than the Chilis. Seems a bit too soon to have them back and I'm sure it's been said already (sorry) that the Strokes are in Ireland on the 31st, so not that far away.

Edit, no they're not. That was last year. Bugger. Carry on.

Edited by Boba73
  • Like 1