Lineup 2020

randlfan

7 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

@Dales Reading your forum sig..............'Sleeper' wow! Not seen them sice i watched them open for REM in 1995! and 'The Lemonheads' and 'Neds Atomic Dustbin', two bands i'd totally forgotten till now lol!

Errrrrrrr, showing my age a bit with those names. I am sure some of the younger members have never heard of them.

I saw Sleeper a few times last year, once headlining at the O2 Forum,  at Cool Brittania (Showing age again) and I won an Absolute Radio draw to see them at the 100 club. That was pretty cool in such a small venue.

Just now, Dales said:

Errrrrrrr, showing my age a bit with those names. I am sure some of the younger members have never heard of them.

I saw Sleeper a few times last year, once headlining at the O2 Forum,  at Cool Brittania (Showing age again) and I won an Absolute Radio draw to see them at the 100 club. That was pretty cool in such a small venue.

You must be around my sort of age?

7 minutes ago, alfiemartin said:

Wolf Alice would be main stage now, they only headlined nme a few years ago

I love them but not sure they would go down that well on the main stage if placed in the wrong spot. I guess it depends who is on after them. For me they fall in to those bands you either like or have zero interest in.

24 minutes ago, Dales said:

Big 50 last year.

21 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

A few years on me (9) but i can appreciate the bands you've seen lol The group i go to Reading with range from my age 41 to 51! (The pic was watching SASASAS last year) 

290C2BBB-BA65-4987-A2B2-90B8D3499935.jpeg

Fair play, proves it's not just a young persons festival.

Will be 46 when the festival starts this year, been going on and off since the mid 90s.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, thetime said:

Fair play, proves it's not just a young persons festival.

Will be 46 when the festival starts this year, been going on and off since the mid 90s.

Yeah we have a great set up in White with our Camper Vans! 

5F9E91AA-AEB4-442F-98B8-356EF2E1B5F4.jpeg

Edited by TornShaun

1 hour ago, Dales said:

Fontaines D.C, Brockhampton, Wolf Alice

Wolf Alice headlined it last time they played. I’d imagine 3rd main is more likely

Reckon they’re nailed on after doing the small circuit last year

Edited by Benj

Any love in the group for Grouplove?

Have new music out, so I assume will be doing the circuit sometime in the summer

They had a ridiculously small shot, 3rd/4th on FR last time they played. 

Great pop band with so may great songs, need at least an hour somewhere.

One if those bands for whom it’s impossible to gauge quite how big they are, esp in UK

Edited by Benj
  • Like 1

I feel like we’re still gonna get that surprise headliner that either everyones written of or just hasn’t been said yet

As MCR ain’t announced Mk yet I’m still holding out for 

BMTH/Travis Scott 

LG

MCR

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dales said:

I love them but not sure they would go down that well on the main stage if placed in the wrong spot. I guess it depends who is on after them. For me they fall in to those bands you either like or have zero interest in.

So you either like them or you don't like them? Got it 

17 minutes ago, Benj said:

Any love in the group for Grouplove?

They had a ridiculously small shot, 3rd/4th on FR last time they played. 

Great pop band with so may great songs, need at least an hour somewhere.

One if those bands for whom it’s impossible to gauge quite how big they are, esp in UK

Yeah they're one of those groups that are hard to place. Think they're decent personally but it's hard to know where they'd fit in now. 

8 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

So you either like them or you don't like them? Got it 

A bit vague I know but they are not the sort of group that really annoys people enough and so they toddle off to see some other act. However, they are the sort of act that people stand in front of and chat/sing there own songs while happy to kill time waiting for the person they want to see to come on. Which would ruin it for everyone who actually likes them.

And yes, I know that can and does happen to loads of acts but more likely when you are on occupying a high up slot on the main stage.