Lineup 2020

randlfan

10 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

2018 was also peak Dudey Rhino which added a lot of hilarity.

Ah yeah, was funny that.

Incidentally, I saw recently that he’s now taken a step back from festival videos because they’re not his “passion” anymore.

So in other words it doesn’t get views anymore.

2 hours ago, heartsink said:

This thread needs to wake up Liam Gallagher is not co-headlining, his tours always sell out the day they go on sale, he’s headlining festivals throughout Europe his two albums have been fantastic and throw in all the oasis songs he does he’s the perfect headliner makes sense why foals feel comfortable to go on before him in Scotland because it would make one hell of a show

also just out of curiosity why does everyone keep throwing travis scott around? I’ve seen acts thrown in the bin on this same thread for them not having tour dates near the event, travis Scott also doesn’t have tour dates past April? 

To clarify I don’t agree that no tour dates near the event means no appearance, it’s a massive event and most acts would happily fly over for the weekend adding a show to fill the week very much like slipknot have with knotfest, (again I doubt it’s slipknot headlining) feel everyone’s expectations need to be lowered because Liam will be the superstar act 

It was just people throwing his name around but him and Chili's are in a leaked Sziget line up which is the week before R&L, so I think people are just putting 2 and 2 together 

38 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Oh I know, and that could be fine, but I reckon he plays last whoever he's with anyway.

Gerard said he could sub, which is false given they've explicitly said he's headlining.

I edited it earlier I meant to say Co mate sorry

2 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Why not, he wasn’t supposed to announce himself and they can easily say he is 

It would be insulting to whoever was tagged on as a cohaedliner at this point. They've clearly announced and sold tickets with Liam Gallagher being the headliner. If they were planning on him coheadlining with someone I'm sure they'd have included that in the original announcement.

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

It would be insulting to whoever was tagged on as a cohaedliner at this point. They've clearly announced and sold tickets with Liam Gallagher being the headliner. If they were planning on him coheadlining with someone I'm sure they'd have included that in the original announcement.

In all fairness I don’t know how you would announce that.

“Proud to announce Liam Gallagher who will be coheadlining the Saturday with another act we can’t name”.

It doesn’t sound right and detracts the attention from Liam.

Regardless, I don’t think he will coheadline either. 

Just now, Matt42 said:

In all fairness I don’t know how you would announce that.

“Proud to announce Liam Gallagher who will be coheadlining the Saturday with another act we can’t name”.

It doesn’t sound right and detracts the attention from Liam.

Regardless, I don’t think he will coheadline either. 

I meant they'd announce the coheadliner too when they announced Liam.

I am a little puzzled that LG headlining is even a discussion. I think it's easy to get mixed up with what you want and what you will get.

So if you don't like LG you may  think there is a chance he will co-headline (Wishful Thinking) He is now very popular again and lots of people will want to hear those songs. Whether it was him or the promoter who announced it, they have sold tickets based on the expectation he will headline and I just can not see that changing. 

15 minutes ago, alfiemartin said:

What do people think about slaves and Johnny  Marr being on the bill? 

I could see Johnny Marr being somewhere on the day Liam Gallagher headlines.

Slaves are also a good shout to turn up almost anywhere at Reading or any other festival for that matter.

What are people’s thoughts on nme? I’d really like to see enter shikari back they deserve so much more than the pit headliner they got last year id like them to headline nme.(although I’ve wanted this since 08 closest we got was subbing pendulum in 10) Probably more realistic it being don broco or all time low along with two new exciting acts rather than established just wondering what other people would want or think to get a feel for the group 

Just now, Jericode said:

I can easily see Don Broco being announced post-Slam Dunk, All Time Low have new music coming and wouldn't surprise me either. Depending on the headliners I could see them on main stage easy enough.

Doubt Shikari come back given they did two slots last year.

How many years straight did shikari play previously though? Sure they had an impressive run of years there.

4 minutes ago, heartsink said:

What are people’s thoughts on nme? I’d really like to see enter shikari back they deserve so much more than the pit headliner they got last year id like them to headline nme.(although I’ve wanted this since 08 closest we got was subbing pendulum in 10) Probably more realistic it being don broco or all time low along with two new exciting acts rather than established just wondering what other people would want or think to get a feel for the group 

Brockhampton, Rex Orange County, Sam Fender maybe