Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 minute ago, heartsink said:

This thread needs to wake up Liam Gallagher is not co-headlining, his tours always sell out the day they go on sale, he’s headlining festivals throughout Europe his two albums have been fantastic and throw in all the oasis songs he does he’s the perfect headliner makes sense why foals feel comfortable to go on before him in Scotland because it would make one hell of a show

also just out of curiosity why does everyone keep throwing travis scott around? I’ve seen acts thrown in the bin on this same thread for them not having tour dates near the event, travis Scott also doesn’t have tour dates past April? 

To clarify I don’t agree that no tour dates near the event means no appearance, it’s a massive event and most acts would happily fly over for the weekend adding a show to fill the week very much like slipknot have with knotfest, (again I doubt it’s slipknot headlining) feel everyone’s expectations need to be lowered because Liam will be the marquee act 

He's playing in a marquee?

1 minute ago, lukecork said:

Wonder if the Strokes will be billed at all? Haven't played since 2011 and have a new record on the way.

New album on the way and with R&L ramping up the festival exclusivities in the past years I’d say it’s a great shout! However I have found the last 4-5 years for me I’ve always been let down by headliners not sure if this is me getting older or the festival being on the decline 

9 minutes ago, heartsink said:

New album on the way and with R&L ramping up the festival exclusivities in the past years I’d say it’s a great shout! However I have found the last 4-5 years for me I’ve always been let down by headliners not sure if this is me getting older or the festival being on the decline 

Haha same to be fair mate, I was gonna throw foo fighters in the hat as their hyping up an exciting 2020.Totally forgot they only just played but with them, if you've seen them once you've seen em a thousand times.

I reckon Travis Scott talk is just some of the younger crowd hoping, sure he only headlined other year! Looking at previous line ups you tend to see acts working their way up which R&L are quite good at so your defo going to see haim, two door, wolf alice, run the jewels high up the bill this year! Surprised green day haven’t been mentioned been years since they are back and sold out their hella mega tour instantly , although I have a sneaky feeling that exact line up on the tour is going to be a day on the other stage at glasto 

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, heartsink said:

I reckon Travis Scott talk is just some of the younger crowd hoping, sure he only headlined other year! Looking at previous line ups you tend to see acts working their way up which R&L are quite good at so your defo going to see haim, two door, wolf alice, run the jewels high up the bill this year! Surprised green day haven’t been mentioned been years since they are back and sold out their hella mega tour instantly , although I have a sneaky feeling that exact line up on the tour is going to be a day on the other stage at glasto 

Pretty sure there’s a Hella Mega gig in America fest weekend.

and Travis Scott is the only real solid rappier headliner that has been rumoured

5 minutes ago, heartsink said:

Travis Scott subbed Fall Out Boy in 2018, he hasn't headlined. I don't care what font size he was on the poster.

Whilst I think Run The Jewels would be great, I don't see how you can say they've worked their way up the R&L line-up when they've played the festival once.

Hella Mega Tour is in the States July through August, as mentioned, Green Day aren't playing this.

11 minutes ago, heartsink said:

it comes from a rumour that he's supposedly headlining Sziget, if he's there he will most likely be at R&L too

Just now, 19liam75 said:

Is it just me or is everything being said on this thread just recycled rubbish from the last 2 months?!?!

Longer than that I'd say!

Hopefully when it comes it will be a complete surprise to everyone.

Expect-

TS/ BMTH, Gallagher, RHCP

Hope (with a touch of realism)...

TS/Blink, Gallgher/ Strokes, MCR

@heartsink august fests haven’t really dropped yet but considering Travis isn’t on the June / July Euro circuit it would suggest that he’s on the August circuit. 

If he’s in Europe during August R&L have him.

I agree with you that Liam Gallagher is probably headlining outright. I also think if they have bagged Travis Scott he will headline outright. I understand different demographics but he’s a major ticket seller especially if Reading get him on an exclusive.

I don’t know about RHCP. Sounds weird for them to come to Europe in June and hang around until August. I think that is duff information.

Biffy Clyro / Courteeners (co)
Liam Gallagher
Travis Scott

is my guess. BMTH would probably accept subbing Travis. 

Edited by Matt42

42 minutes ago, Benj said:

Longer than that I'd say!

Hopefully when it comes it will be a complete surprise to everyone.

Expect-

TS/ BMTH, Gallagher, RHCP

Hope (with a touch of realism)...

TS/Blink, Gallgher/ Strokes, MCR

Thank you someone who sees my way of thinking that LG could still co, he was never meant to announce it so there’s all the hope that he will and the Strokes sound perfect to co with him. However I think it’ll be BMTH rather than Blink

9 minutes ago, Dan Wilcox said:

If only someone had some info. 👀

If only eh, wonder who does 🤔🤔

Edited by Gerard the Fab

Just now, Gerard the Fab said:

Thank you someone who sees my way of thinking that LG could still sub, he was never meant to announce it so there’s all the hope that he will and the Strokes sound perfect to co with him. However I think it’ll be BMTH rather than Blink

Gallagher is headlining, he isn't going to sub.

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t know about RHCP. Sounds weird for them to come to Europe in June and hang around until August.

Doubt they'd be sticking around Europe all summer. Think they'd do early summer fests, go elsewhere in the middle and come back again for late summer fests. They did the same in 2016.

11 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Can't wait for "two main stages and it's Fall Out Boy" again

Easily the funniest shitstorm in this section in the last few years. Whole forum in meltdown when we were told Panic!, FOB and KOL were headliners when people were throwing around AM and Foo Fighters.

Just now, TheWaters said:

Easily the funniest shitstorm in this section in the last few years. Whole forum in meltdown when we were told Panic!, FOB and KOL were headliners when people were throwing around AM and Foo Fighters.

Yeah 2018 was a funny one. I always thought it was largely brought on by the first announcement being so late, but this year (bar Liam Gallagher) has been pretty much the same but with no where near the same level of discussions/rumours.

2018 was also peak Dudey Rhino which added a lot of hilarity.

• Like 4