Lineup 2020

randlfan

26 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

The thing that is really bothering me is LG playing Saturday at Reading. An artist like him usually plays on a Friday night with the rappier one on Saturday. That’s why I think we may still get a co with him 

FRI: RHCP - 2DCC - Sam Fender - Declan McKenna

SAT: TRAVIS SCOTT/LG - Skepta - Lewis Capaldi - Slowthai 

SUN:BIFFY/BMTH - Vampire Weekend - IDLES - Limp Bizkit

With Brockhampton, Rex Orange County and Bombay Bicycle Club R1 headliners 

you could always swap the Friday and Sunday as well 

also needs more female acts on the main stage, could be Wolf Alice, Lizzo or maybe Halsey

There is no chance Lewis Capaldi is 4th position on the lineup and VW subbed Glastonbury, they very definitely sub outright at Reading.

34 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

There is no chance Lewis Capaldi is 4th position on the lineup and VW subbed Glastonbury, they very definitely sub outright at Reading.

I think Lewis Capaldi fits that bill perfectly, but fair enough swap 2DCC and Vampire Weekend then. Or even put Wolf Alice in for VW. 

3 hours ago, Jericode said:

Panic would smash an outright headline slot, and the only issue with Fall Out Boy was them coming back so quickly after co-headlining.

No Chance, Panic are sub-headliners at best. Brendon has done some great FT's that has grown them more. But there's no chance they could headline R&L, let them stick to headlining slam dunk. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

27 minutes ago, lukecork said:

No Chance, Panic are sub-headliners at best. Brendon has done some great FT's that has grown them more. But there's no chance they could headline R&L, let them stick to headlining slam dunk. 

They have enough decent songs to headline outright and it’s all so different as well, a Friday night 2 hour slot sounds perfect 

14 hours ago, Chad888 said:

My take on it:

F&R seem to be booking the same style of acts to headline over the last few years.

A day of zeitgeist acts - usually a radio 1 friendly bands that has a new album and is expected to make the step up over the next few years, co-headlining under a zeitgeist "urban" artist:

21P / Post Malone - P!ATD / Kendrick - Foals / Disclosure - Mumford and Sons / Alt J

A day of "legendary big name" bands or artists:

Foo Fighters - Kings of Leon (I know) - Eminem - RHCP - Metallica - Muse

A day of large name but not legendary status zeitgeist "rock bands" that have anthems the crowd can chant along to:

1975 - Kasabian - Fallout Boy - Biffy Clyro - Libertines 

That's my best way of describing the acts. But it leads me on to the kind of shortlist I'd expect to see:

Co headliners:

Travis Scott, Billie Eilish, Drake, Tyler the Creator, Weeknd // BMTH, Foals, Royal Blood, Vampire Weekend, Tame Impala, Paramore

Legendary status:

RHCP, Biffy Clyro, Arctic Monkeys, Blink-182, Metallica, Guns N Roses, Green Day, Kanye

Popular alt-rock music:

Liam Gallagher

My ideal choice -

Drake // Paramore

Green Day

Liam Gallagher

What I think -

Travis Scott // BMTH

Arctic Monkeys

Liam Gallagher

Would you consider the vaccines as another co-head? They last played at Victorious in 2019, also the kooks haven’t been mentioned yet, I don’t think & I feel that the wombats, catfish and possibly the hunna will be on the lineup somewhere.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Did you see how many tickets Panic sold in seconds when they last toured? They're bigger tickets shifters than most R&L headliners. There's no chance they do anything less than headline outright next time they play. 

Sell great at their own gigs yeah but idk how many teenagers would go out of their way to R&L. So many more safer bets for headline slots than them.

6 minutes ago, Kian said:

Would you consider the vaccines as another co-head? They last played at Victorious in 2019, also the kooks haven’t been mentioned yet, I don’t think & I feel that the wombats, catfish and possibly the hunna will be on the lineup somewhere.

The Vaccines would struggle to headline the likes of Kendal Calling and Y Not these days, let alone R/L.

16 minutes ago, Kian said:

We said it’ll prolly be a year without the Wombats and I don’t think the Kooks will be back

14 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Sell great at their own gigs yeah but idk how many teenagers would go out of their way to R&L. So many more safer bets for headline slots than them.

theyre more popular than Blink🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

10 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

The Vaccines would struggle to headline the likes of Kendal Calling and Y Not these days, let alone R/L.

I think they’d be a good R1 headliner

17 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Teenagers are probably a massive chunk of the Reading and Leeds audience anyway, and you are way underestimating how broad his appeal is.

6 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Teenagers are probably a massive chunk of the Reading and Leeds audience anyway, and you are way underestimating how broad his appeal is.

Possibly, I knew they were big but didn't think they'd be headline worthy. Be great if they did headline i'd be buzzing for them, they've grinded throughout the years like

Delusion levels are growing and growing as we wait for the lineup!

Vaccines headlining. Imagine that

The youngest seems stuck in their own little world of what their mates listen to and assume it’s the big wide world. 

The fogues believe the Fratellis and Kooks are novelty acts from a decade plus ago and NiN should be headlining

Somewhere in the middle the truth lies

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Panic got one of the biggest crowds of the weekend when they co headlined. They might actually be one of the safest bets they could book right now.

5 minutes ago, stanh said:

They currently have 25 million listeners on Spotify, with several songs well over 100 million streams... As much as I'm personally not the biggest fan of PATD theres no doubt they could headline the festival, they are huge with teenagers - especially with the most recent album (probably due to it being a bit more 'radio friendly'), he always puts on a great show and I thought he was amazing back in 2018 - they'd smash a headline slot, I know I would be tempted to go and see them, dependant on who else is on at the same time.

I hope they headline it eventually just think there are safer options this year that's all :)

They've got plenty of anthems and Brendon's got an impressive set of lungs on him, sure they put on a lot of fun.

30 minutes ago, Benj said:

Delusion levels are growing and growing as we wait for the lineup!

Vaccines headlining. Imagine that

The youngest seems stuck in their own little world of what their mates listen to and assume it’s the big wide world. 

The fogues believe the Fratellis and Kooks are novelty acts from a decade plus ago and NiN should be headlining

Somewhere in the middle the truth lies

NIN headlining and NMH on the R1 imo.

17 minutes ago, Jackson Maniac said:

Panic got one of the biggest crowds of the weekend when they co headlined. They might actually be one of the safest bets they could book right now.

Middle of the road bobbins. Their crowd was in no way shit but in no way bursting at the seams either, where I saw them for a bit (by one of the ice cream vans left of stage as youre looking at it. People weren't engaged either, just standing about chatting more than loving it

Estimating crowds where you are personally is never a good idea though, its impossible to tell how busy it is the other side, there are so many things that affect different areas. 

The other thing to consider is who theyre up against in the tent, which in this case was Deaf Havana... 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

NIN headlining and NMH on the R1 imo.

I remember when loads were stunned that Faith No More were only headlining the tent as opposed to subbing the main, cue the night itself and the tent was at most a 1/4 full...

People's idea of how popular bands are are completely shaped by their own experiences. 

Wonder Years for Co-head anyone??

2 minutes ago, Benj said:

I remember when loads were stunned that Faith No More were only headlining the tent as opposed to subbing the main, cue the night itself and the tent was at most a 1/4 full...

People's idea of how popular bands are are completely shaped by their own experiences. 

Wonder Years for Co-head anyone??

Completely agreed on this one. Everyone’s got biases towards acts they like but it gets ridiculous sometimes.

Then again, baffled me even more when people under place bands they love which I’ve seen a lot on here.