Lineup 2020

randlfan

17 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Give Limp Bizkit a similar slot to Sum 41 a couple years ago. 5th main I think? Would go down well there without being a repeat R1 headliner.

That would be brilliant. They did it in 2010 and the field was rammed, one of the craziest crowds I’ve seen at Leeds. 

I’m just having flashbacks to 2018 where we had sky high expectations due to a late lineup and two of the headliners were fall out boy and panic at the disco.

I think people need to be open to the possibility that it might be a weak year again. The Courteeners headlining TRNSMT makes me think that reading might give them a coheadlining spot. Also Liam headlining when he’s playing hundreds of shows this summer doesn’t make me feel confident that they’ve got a strong set of headliners at the top.

I reckon BMTH are just subbing (which might make the lineup look stronger) but a top 5 of Travis Scott, Biffy Clyro, Liam Gallagher, Courteeners, BMTH is what I’m expecting right now.

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Figured as much. So I think that was in 2016. Probably a small enough gap to bring them back, but then I'm equally aware that's the length of time people are saying is too soon for Biffy Clyro to return.

2015 actually. Five year gap is plenty for the undercard, more than enough.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I’m just having flashbacks to 2018 where we had sky high expectations due to a late lineup and two of the headliners were fall out boy and panic at the disco.

I think people need to be open to the possibility that it might be a weak year again. The Courteeners headlining TRNSMT makes me think that reading might give them a coheadlining spot. 

I reckon BMTH are just subbing (which might make the lineup look stronger) but a top 5 of Travis Scott, Biffy Clyro, Liam Gallagher, Courteeners, BMTH is what I’m expecting right now.

Shit headliners besides Kendrick yet easily the strongest undercard for me in recent years though. All subjective really but yeah, I'd agree it's likely in terms of headliners we may be let down.

4 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Shit headliners besides Kendrick yet easily the strongest undercard for me in recent years though. All subjective really but yeah, I'd agree it's likely in terms of headliners we may be let down.

Different strokes for different folks but reading 2018 is probably the weakest lineup (for me) I’ve ever seen. Kendrick was probably the only act I’d get my wallet out for. I quite liked 2019’s lineup if I’m honest. It was a good save from that previous year.

Edited by Matt42

10 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Think the Kendrick day (Sunday Leeds iirc) saved it, great lineup that day. 

9 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

I must be getting old because even though I like those acts, I just look at it and go “meh”. Bring Me are the only ones that really excite me there tbh. 

I think you’d be in the minority at R&L pulling for BMTH out of those four. Travis Scott is arguably the biggest rapper they could book in 2020 not named Drake, Liam is a god to the young R&L crowd and RHCP have a massive legacy (their day in 2016 was insanely busy) so they will always pull a giant crowd. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I think you’d be in the minority at R&L pulling for BMTH out of those four. Travis Scott is arguably the biggest rapper they could book in 2020 not named Drake, Liam is a god to the young R&L crowd and RHCP have a massive legacy (their day in 2016 was insanely busy) so they will always pull a giant crowd. 

Oh I’m fully aware that I’d be in the minority, I was just speaking from a personal taste standpoint. And I like Liam and Travis and some RHCP, I just think I’m getting too old for R&L in general now. 

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Blink are a pathetic prospect in 2020. Poor new material, poor live performances and poor set lengths. 

California was solid and brilliantly received. WTF happened between California and Nine?  

I really like Nine. Only listened to it the other week as I had little interest and was pleasantly surprised. 

If they play they should sub now I think

40 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Great day - would see all of these besides Halsey. Are Architects active still? They were really good at Ape.

Architects are playing Summer Breeze festival during august in Germany two weeks before reading . Again i think they are much more likely to be doing knotfest than reading or even possibly a headline slot at 2000 trees .  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cal321123 said:

I don't get why everyone is so anti Fall Out Boy and Panic on here? I thought their performances were really good, saved the 2018 line up for me, not a fan of Kendrick or Kings of Leon at all

Completely agree, they were both really good I thought. KOL were the worst live performance I’ve ever seen on the other hand, looked like they would rather be anywhere but there. Wasn’t Kendrick late on stage at Leeds as well?

Give me Fall Out Boy or Panic over Travis Scott anytime, although saying that, I’m just not a fan of Travis’s full stop. Will be pretty disappointed if he headlines, but kind of expecting it now. Honestly, a lineup of LG > Travis Scott/BMTH > RHCP might make me miss it this year, much as I like BMTH and RHCP.

6 hours ago, cal321123 said:

I don't get why everyone is so anti Fall Out Boy and Panic on here? I thought their performances were really good, saved the 2018 line up for me, not a fan of Kendrick or Kings of Leon at all

I agree I missed half of Panic coz I went to see Pendulum but they were brilliant I’d take them back in a heartbeat 

9 hours ago, Benj said:

You want the Frattelis but don’t want blink?!? 🤪

Yh they’re completely differe

9 hours ago, R Shah said:

BMTH / Travis Scott / Halsey / Architects / Limp Bizkit / Denzel Curry

I still don’t think Halsey is big enough to sub there I think you put her R1 with Vampire Weekend main

The thing that is really bothering me is LG playing Saturday at Reading. An artist like him usually plays on a Friday night with the rappier one on Saturday. That’s why I think we may still get a co with him 

FRI: RHCP - 2DCC - Sam Fender - Declan McKenna

SAT: TRAVIS SCOTT/LG - Skepta - Lewis Capaldi - Slowthai 

SUN:BIFFY/BMTH - Vampire Weekend - IDLES - Limp Bizkit

With Brockhampton, Rex Orange County and Bombay Bicycle Club R1 headliners 

you could always swap the Friday and Sunday as well 

also needs more female acts on the main stage, could be Wolf Alice, Lizzo or maybe Halsey

Edited by Gerard the Fab