Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 minute ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Blink aren't even currently touring with the original trio as the line up are they? i'm not old enough to remember them at their peak seeing as their best songs were released between 1999-2003 when i was just a toddler so i'm not sure how popular they were back then but nowadays i'm not sure many of the people i interact with would be able to name more than three songs at a push

No, Scott left a long time ago, so the original lineup is long gone lol

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Blink 182 are a headliner at Reading but not a strict headliner anywhere else. Just the way it goes.

No way they will play reading and not headline. They could coheadline at a push.

yeah not denying they wouldn't headline if they played, i'm just saying that imo they'd be a terrible booking for a headliner as they've dropped off significantly and the new album probably doesn't help with that

yeah not denying they wouldn't headline if they played, i'm just saying that imo they'd be a terrible booking for a headliner as they've dropped off significantly and the new album probably doesn't help with that

Terrible booking I agree but I wouldn’t put it past Reading booking them to headline again. It just seems like they have some special relationship with the festival and the festival are willing to overstate their size a bit.

they seem like one of the last bands from that era that would accept a reading booking with open arms.

24 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah fair enough if it’s people you know I find that wild still because I’m 17 too and a substantial amount of mates who aren’t particularly into pop punk or whatever you wanna call Blink would still instantly recognise them.

I think in general, quite a lot of people still know who they are, I wouldn’t generalise a whole generation as not knowing them just based on who you know.

Oh fair you obviously know a few better people😂😂

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Terrible booking I agree but I wouldn’t put it past Reading booking them to headline again. It just seems like they have some special relationship with the festival and the festival are willing to overstate their size a bit.

they seem like one of the last bands from that era that would accept a reading booking with open arms.

One can only hope haha (i imagine KOL fans felt the same at their booking lol)

5 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Yh that’s what I think as well, I’m not saying they wouldn’t shift tickets it’s just I wouldn’t wanna see them

My take on it:

F&R seem to be booking the same style of acts to headline over the last few years.

A day of zeitgeist acts - usually a radio 1 friendly bands that has a new album and is expected to make the step up over the next few years, co-headlining under a zeitgeist "urban" artist:

21P / Post Malone - P!ATD / Kendrick - Foals / Disclosure - Mumford and Sons / Alt J

A day of "legendary big name" bands or artists:

Foo Fighters - Kings of Leon (I know) - Eminem - RHCP - Metallica - Muse

A day of large name but not legendary status zeitgeist "rock bands" that have anthems the crowd can chant along to:

1975 - Kasabian - Fallout Boy - Biffy Clyro - Libertines 

That's my best way of describing the acts. But it leads me on to the kind of shortlist I'd expect to see:

Co headliners:

Travis Scott, Billie Eilish, Drake, Tyler the Creator, Weeknd // BMTH, Foals, Royal Blood, Vampire Weekend, Tame Impala, Paramore

Legendary status:

RHCP, Biffy Clyro, Arctic Monkeys, Blink-182, Metallica, Guns N Roses, Green Day, Kanye

Popular alt-rock music:

Liam Gallagher

My ideal choice -

Drake // Paramore

Green Day

Liam Gallagher

What I think -

Travis Scott // BMTH

Arctic Monkeys

Liam Gallagher

I really really don’t think it’s going to be Arctic Monkeys. I think everyone needs to lower their expectations.

I still think Courteeners will be a coheadliner for one of the days. Travis Scott will headline outright.

Biffy / Courteeners

Liam Gallagher

Travis Scott

Edit: forgot Liam was announced lol 

Edited by Matt42

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I really really don’t think it’s going to be Arctic Monkeys. I think everyone needs to lower their expectations.

I still think Courteeners will be a coheadliner for one of the days. Travis Scott will headline outright.

Biffy / Courteeners

Liam Gallagher

Travis Scott

Edit: forgot Liam was announced lol 

that would actually be worse than 2018 seeing as two of the subs that year have been moved up to headline status and the two headliners aren't exactly big hitters (even though i love Biffy) still going to hold out hope for Travis + BMTH / Liam / RHCP because i think that's the best we're going to get

1 minute ago, Rock_Cycle said:

Would Travis Scott coheadline? He had his own sellout festival last year and is headlining Coachella this year, makes him think he could headline outright. Even if he’s not as big as other rap headliners or my personal first choice 

all the rappers they've had cohead could easily headline by themselves, Kendrick and Post Malone are both bigger than Travis and they were billed as cohead, think it's more to help the smaller acts like Panic! and TOP get the leg up to headline

all the rappers they've had cohead could easily headline by themselves, Kendrick and Post Malone are both bigger than Travis and they were billed as cohead, think it's more to help the smaller acts like Panic! and TOP get the leg up to headline

Good point, if that’s their thinking, I think that’s makes BMTH/Travis more likely 

54 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

My take on it:

F&R seem to be booking the same style of acts to headline over the last few years.

A day of zeitgeist acts - usually a radio 1 friendly bands that has a new album and is expected to make the step up over the next few years, co-headlining under a zeitgeist "urban" artist:

21P / Post Malone - P!ATD / Kendrick - Foals / Disclosure - Mumford and Sons / Alt J

A day of "legendary big name" bands or artists:

Foo Fighters - Kings of Leon (I know) - Eminem - RHCP - Metallica - Muse

A day of large name but not legendary status zeitgeist "rock bands" that have anthems the crowd can chant along to:

1975 - Kasabian - Fallout Boy - Biffy Clyro - Libertines 

That's my best way of describing the acts. But it leads me on to the kind of shortlist I'd expect to see:

Co headliners:

Travis Scott, Billie Eilish, Drake, Tyler the Creator, Weeknd // BMTH, Foals, Royal Blood, Vampire Weekend, Tame Impala, Paramore

Legendary status:

RHCP, Biffy Clyro, Arctic Monkeys, Blink-182, Metallica, Guns N Roses, Green Day, Kanye

Popular alt-rock music:

Liam Gallagher

My ideal choice -

Drake // Paramore

Green Day

Liam Gallagher

What I think -

Travis Scott // BMTH

Arctic Monkeys

Liam Gallagher

not a chance for AM

Ik someone was saying about 5 headliners before but dyou think we could again

Travis Scott/BMTH

LG( and I still think he could be co because he wasn’t supposed to announce himself)/Foals or dare I say it Courteeners 

then if LG ain’t Biffy/Foals

if LG is RHCP

14 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Blink are a pathetic prospect in 2020. Poor new material, poor live performances and poor set lengths. 

California was solid and brilliantly received. WTF happened between California and Nine?  

Thought California was absolutely horrific as well.

21 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I think Limp Bizkit could do R1, but with Chase n Status Jungle closing set

if it is them then I think Bombay Bicycle Club would get a sub under the co or something 

If limp Bizkit did play i think it would be high main stage , headlined boomtown only 2 years ago . If they are about in August I'd say Knotfest is much more likely than reading . For £100 Slipknot must have some decent supports .