Lineup 2020

randlfan

16 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

I could defo see a day with him in like 

RHCP / TDCC / Sam Fender / Declan McKenna / Tom Grennan / Easy Life

That’s sounds brilliant with a more inspiring headliner. I think if he releases decent new music he’ll definitely get a step up from headlining FR. I think Easy life would be mid to high R1 tho but could see Declan McKenna step up to main stage

Just now, Gerard the Fab said:

That’s sounds brilliant with a more inspiring headliner. I think if he releases decent new music he’ll definitely get a step up from headlining FR. I think Easy life would be mid to high R1 tho but could see Declan McKenna step up to main stage

Yeah I think Easy Life could be the FR headliner also

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

if it was Saturday with a sh*te R1 headliner id defo try see them, i feel like theyd be brilliant live

They’re nothing special live, they weren’t that great at ynot but maybe I caught them on an off day. Seeing them again at Kasabian in June so hopefully they’re better there.

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

They’re nothing special live, they weren’t that great at ynot but maybe I caught them on an off day. Seeing them again at Kasabian in June so hopefully they’re better there.

Noice, i reckon theyll be back soon as well Kasabian

4 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Really can't see the appeal of Blink to R&L's audience, they haven't been relevant in some time and imo haven't released a decent album since i was born, the recent music they've been pumping out hasn't been the greatest to say the least either.. probably an unpopular opinion but if i had to i'd take Fall Out Boy again over them

I said the exact same thing in 2014

13 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

im pretty sure ik like one other person who actually knows any of their songs

I’m all for the Blink bashing but surely this is an exaggeration they’re not that obscure yet are they? Everyone knows “What’s My Age Again?” and “All The Small Things” at least right? 

Edited by TheWaters
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I’m all for the Blink bashing but surely this is an exaggeration they’re not that obscure yet are they? Everyone knows “What’s My Age Again?” and “All The Small Things” at least right? 

It's a massive exaggeration! They are way bigger even still with half the shite that gets thrown around here lol aka Foals, The Killers etc lol

10 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

It's a massive exaggeration! They are way bigger even still with half the shite that gets thrown around here lol aka Foals, The Killers etc lol

Can I have some of what you’re on? 

Bigger than The Killers? You mad bruh?

The Killers are out there headlining ANY festival they play WORLDWIDE were as Blink have had their 15 minutes of fame.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

No they actually don’t you could play that at a party of my age and I guarantee you get only one or two people who know it. 

12 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

Blink are nowhere near as big as the Killers, as shown by Glasto. And many more youth know Killers songs. Foals I would also say have a reasonably big fanbase over here obviously in America it’s different but Blink have died a bit 

1 minute ago, metallimuse said:

The Killers are out there headlining ANY festival they play WORLDWIDE were as Blink have had their 15 minutes of fame.

‼️‼️‼️

3 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

l1legv51ml941.jpg.11589c49125d57cba5ab5ad221ad08d0.jpg

I'm mad brah haha :P

Edited by TornShaun

1 minute ago, Gerard the Fab said:

No they actually don’t you could play that at a party of my age and I guarantee you get only one or two people who know it. 

I assume you’re under 15 then surely ? I’m baffled if not cuz okay they’re not huge anymore but everyone still knows them.

Not meaning to be rude here at all if it’s coming across like that haha just not sure on this one.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheWaters said:

I assume you’re under 15 then surely ? I’m baffled if not cuz okay they’re not huge anymore but everyone still knows them.

Not meaning to be rude here at all if it’s coming across like that haha just not sure on this one.

Yeah both my daughters are under 15 and hate me playing Blink! Although don't mind me playing Billie Eilish lol ( and no offense to Gerard the Fab) I guess i'm getting old lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Nah I’m 17 it’s just most people listen to drill and grime that ik , i didn’t meant it as a whole age group I just meant as like people ik barely anyone would recognise any of their music

Edited by Gerard the Fab

2 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

Yeah both my daughters are under 15 and hate me playing Blink! Although don't mind me playing Billie Eilish lol ( and no offense to Gerard the Fab) I guess i'm getting old lol

None taken but that’s what I mean it’s almost the same at my age

• Upvote 1

Yeah fair enough if it’s people you know I find that wild still because I’m 17 too and a substantial amount of mates who aren’t particularly into pop punk or whatever you wanna call Blink would still instantly recognise them.

I think in general, quite a lot of people still know who they are, I wouldn’t generalise a whole generation as not knowing them just based on who you know.

Edited by TheWaters
  • Upvote 1

Blink aren't even currently touring with the original trio as the line up are they? i'm not old enough to remember them at their peak seeing as their best songs were released between 1999-2003 when i was just a toddler so i'm not sure how popular they were back then but nowadays i'm not sure many of the people i interact with would be able to name more than three songs at a push