Lineup 2020

randlfan

49 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Sziget thread has got some further leaks today, if they turn out to be true then RHCP, Calvin Harris, Selena Gomez, Liam Gallagher and Travis Scott are all lined up to be headlining over there, seeing as we shared all four headliners with them last year it would be a safe bet to assume there will be some cross over again, Calvin Harris in a headline spot?

If we do end up with one or more of RHCP, Biffy, BMTH, Travis, Calvin that'll be why the announcement has taken so long seeing as none of them have laid out a concrete plan of their touring schedule yet

I honestly could see Calvin Harris, could he not co with Travis Scott and then BMTH either headline outright or sub RHCP 

51 minutes ago, Jericode said:

I'd love Foals again. In 2016 I wasn't hugely into them but their two albums last year totally changed my opinion and now I'm finding I like some of the older stuff more than I thought.

But yeah, subbing Liam at TRNSMT is only going to make them look weaker at Reading if they're both headliners.

but same I think Foals are a brilliant band and are a perfect artist to headline maybe co

what about Travis on his own with BMTH and Foals co

Now I think after consideration it could either be

Travis Scott - LG - BMTH/Foals

Travis Scott/BMTH - LG - RHCP or Biffy

or personal favourite coz I think Calvin Harris would be brilliant 

Travis Scott - LG - Calvin Harris/BMTH

Just now, Jericode said:

Calvin Harris co-headlining is laughable, hes massive.

True then 

Travis Scott/BMTH - LG - Calvin Harris, him as a headliner would be brilliant but I can’t see him or Travis closing Reading

2 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Blink haven't played for 10 years, I couldn't even tell you a song they've brought out in the last decade. Surely they can't headline L&R.

Blink headlined in 2014! and have released two albums since then, the later (NINE) they'll be touring on in Europe this year!

Edited by TornShaun

33 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

it's weird because they're not even billed as a 'special guest' like The 1975 and Snow Patrol were when they played lower slots than expected

Are Foals now managing themselves? I know Yannis is producing the majority of their stuff these days. Could that have negatively affected their ability to negotiate higher slots at festivals?

Really can't see the appeal of Blink to R&L's audience, they haven't been relevant in some time and imo haven't released a decent album since i was born, the recent music they've been pumping out hasn't been the greatest to say the least either.. probably an unpopular opinion but if i had to i'd take Fall Out Boy again over them

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Really can't see the appeal of Blink to R&L's audience, they haven't been relevant in some time and imo haven't released a decent album since i was born, the recent music they've been pumping out hasn't been the greatest to say the least either.. probably an unpopular opinion but if i had to i'd take Fall Out Boy again over them

I agree, FOB's new material isn't that bad and it got a lot of plays & attracted a new audience (Specially Phoenix and Songs in the dark). Blink's line up change was really make or break and I've only seen a decline. 

Would be surprised if they did a UK arena tour and it sold well.

11 minutes ago, ob123 said:

Have Foals been ruled out this year then or what? Hardly seen them mentioned which is gutting after such a good year last year 

Not ruled out but seeing as they're subbing Liam Gallagher at TRNSMT its unlikely they'll take a headline spot at R&L but then again TRNSMT is an odd line up as you wouldn't see Capaldi or Courteeners headlining any other major festival so there's a chance they could be on the bill as they're rumoured for Sziget too

2 minutes ago, Readinggirlllll said:

LG RHCP and Travis Scott does sound like a reading lineup though. Any info to back up Travis?

Sziget leak came through today and if it turns out to be true then Travis is headlining there, thats early August in Budapest meaning he's over in Europe at the time and to further cement him headlining here Sziget and R&L shared all four headliners last year (plus it probably helps he's Melvin Benns favourite live act)

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Orite I know I was arguing against RHCP the other day but I guess they're a strong possibility now even though they'd be headlining without any new material.

Travis Scott / BMTH

LG

RHCP

Yeah that's what I've got at the minute. Put a decent sized sub like Catfish or TDCC under LG and VW under RHCP and I'd take that. Would just hope there's better options on the other stages for the headline Sat and Sun for me lmao