Lineup 2020

randlfan

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah Idles are supposed to be exclusive at a festival in the UK so, if it's this festival (I think it will be), they'll be looking at third down or R1 headliner I'm sure. It'll be a good booking with a new album.

I hope so they’d be epic

17 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m on a bit of a break from this forum as I feel I post here too much lol. So this is news to me. Do you mean IDLES will be an exclusive at Reading? Where is this from. A friend of mine will be quite disappointed with this news if true. Was expecting them to be at glasto.

you can never post too much man, unless you praise the Courteeners in which case 😬😬

7 minutes ago, stanh said:

I don't think she is big enough to sub... but it could end up being like Blossoms this year getting the push up... But tbf to her she has just about sold out The O2 and near enough with the other dates. I think she'd be great third down or as you said R1 headliner or sub to a co-head

I think 3rd down or 2nd on R1, I can’t see her subbing a co with all the other artists that could play(Vampire Weekend, 2DCC, Skepta, Catb)

7 minutes ago, Dim Sum said:

I've got to admit the new The Big Moon album is brilliant I hope they play at reading this summer they would be a brilliant band to book i'm saying headline FR or mid to top Radio 1 stage, but headlining FR would be the perfect slot for them. 

I think The Big Moon are very likely to show up. Maybe early main stage?

They seem to be the right vibe to be out in the (hopefully) sun.

36 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

As things are a little dry on here (and i've been drinking and bored) Who is the best act you've seen because someone on here gave you the heads up to watch them?

Mine is Watsky thanks to @Andre91

Yeah i recorded lol

mine would defo be brockhampton. Hadn’t really heard of them til they were being hyped to play in that long long wait for the 2018 announcement 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Dim Sum said:

I've got to admit the new The Big Moon album is brilliant I hope they play at reading this summer they would be a brilliant band to book i'm saying headline FR or mid to top Radio 1 stage, but headlining FR would be the perfect slot for them. 

Agreed. Never been a big fan but the new album is beautiful.

5 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I also hope Nothing But Thieves get a high Main Stage slot, Conors voice is magical and their debut album had to be up there as one of my albums of the decade

Yeah I've seen them live 4 times now and they're amazing live (except their last RANDL performance), would love to see them up on the main stage soon- along with hopefully VANT

2 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Would Festival Republic want to announce R&L before Parklife due to Manchester and Leeds being in close proximity and seeing as they both attract a young audience? Parklife will be announcing at the end of this month so hopefully we have something before then

Not sure if they’re holding back by choice though, I feel like the LG ‘leak’ may have been the only way to get people talking since there’s nothing to announce

25 minutes ago, Quorn said:

Not sure if they’re holding back by choice though, I feel like the LG ‘leak’ may have been the only way to get people talking since there’s nothing to announce

I think they may be holding off until after the MCR dates are announced. A lot of people are expecting MCR for R&L so letting them announce their only UK show elsewhere will reduce the shit storm when the R&L line up is announced.

Download did something similar with the GNR stadium shows the other year.

• Upvote 1

I really do think Vampire Weekend have a chance of being on the bill they arn’t doing any UK festivals this year and still have a fairly large gap between the August 15th and September 23rd and they have already done End of the Road and I can’t think of any other UK festival which is big enough to host them apart from R n L? 

Food for thought 

1 hour ago, King101 said:

I think they may be holding off until after the MCR dates are announced. A lot of people are expecting MCR for R&L so letting them announce their only UK show elsewhere will reduce the shit storm when the R&L line up is announced.

Download did something similar with the GNR stadium shows the other year.

can't see them playing R&L, think people need to stop expecting them, they've teased a UK date in June and the rumours for that were that its an exclusive show in Milton Keynes and if they're over here in June really cant seem them staying in Europe until late August

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gavin Ballin said:

Kings of Leon Headlining ??? 

God no please no 

9 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

I really do think Vampire Weekend have a chance of being on the bill they arn’t doing any UK festivals this year and still have a fairly large gap between the August 15th and September 23rd and they have already done End of the Road and I can’t think of any other UK festival which is big enough to host them apart from R n L? 

Food for thought 

I think they’re a brilliant choice would they sub main stage or dyou think they’d headline R1

13 hours ago, cal321123 said:

Yeah I've seen them live 4 times now and they're amazing live (except their last RANDL performance), would love to see them up on the main stage soon- along with hopefully VANT

yh I’d like Vant too

9 hours ago, Gavin Ballin said:

Kings of Leon Headlining ??? 

It's rumoured that they may play an outdoor gig in London on 28th June. If that does go ahead then I cant see them coming back to the UK for the end of August. They are down for Mad Cool 11th July, so my thoughts are dates around late June and July are likely but late August looks unlikely.