Lineup 2020

randlfan

17 hours ago, TornShaun said:

I still have nightmares from TDCC! Their song 'This Is The Life' was used at work (Debenhams) and we had to listen to it like 20 times a day! Fuck i wish i could erase that shit! I'll forever hate them because of that!

I can imagine. Its like how people in retail hate Christmas songs because there's a playlist of the same 8 songs every year.

17 hours ago, TheWaters said:

It’s a banger and a half when you haven’t been subjected to that torture though ;)

The whole of Tourist History is a modern classic imo and considering its 10 years this year I’m praying if they are around it’s a lot heavier on that album in the setlist.

Yeah as said above their setlists play Tourist History-heavy anyway. The October show at the London O2 had 9 songs from Tourist History, according to setlist.fm. Anecdotally, there was a lot of Tourist History when I saw them play Truck Festival.

11 hours ago, R Shah said:

Two Door Cinema Club would be an absolute perfect sub for R+L 2020.

My money's on TDCC, Skepta and Halsey to be the 3 subs.

That sounds like a good 3 tbh, also if BMTH play then Halsey seems like a decent shout

8 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

have heard from a very reliable source that BMTH are 100% this year, idk if it’s headlining, coheadlining or subbing or whatever but they’re definitely there according to what i’ve been told

thats good that’s very good I’m happy now

i feel like if its the headliners everyone is saying, with the subs mentioned above, itll look like this

TRAVIS SCOTT/BMTH - Halsey

LG - Skepta

BIFFY - 2dcc

however, idk if Halsey is big enough to sub. If she isnt

TRAVIS SCOTT/BMTH - Vampire Weekend - Halsey

LG - Skepta - Lewis Capaldi

BIFFY - 2dcc - idles

This will be wrong because they should hopefully have more female artists higher up, Halsey prolly will sub or HAIM

Edited by Gerard the Fab
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Dukey said:

There’s some cracking new bands so it would be great to see on the lineup, bands like: 

The Lathums, Inhaler, Retro Video Club, The Clause, The Mysterines, The K’s.. 

Retro Video Club would be brilliant and Twin Wild. Maybe the Faim back again

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Twin Wild are awesome - FR and Introducing stage could be chocker 

There’s so many good British acts coming through atm ik the Faim aren’t but it’s actually such a good time for British music 

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I also hope Nothing But Thieves get a high Main Stage slot, Conors voice is magical and their debut album had to be up there as one of my albums of the decade

They’ve been talking about a new album for a while so if that’s as good as Broken Machine was, then I think they could be third or fourth down on the main stage I reckon.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MattS1207 said:

They’ve been talking about a new album for a while so if that’s as good as Broken Machine was, then I think they could be third or fourth down on the main stage I reckon.

Used to be a huge NBT fan (still am just don't listen to them as much for personal reasons) and both the first two albums are so good. If they can even somewhat replicate that on the next one they deserve a good main stage spot this year 100%.

Honestly give me that top 4 run at APE on the BMTH day last year at Reading this year, with someone else like Travis Scott on after as a co-head, and I'd be ecstatic. 

Travis Scott/Bring Me The Horizon///Run The Jewels//Nothing But Thieves//Idles

Perfect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MattS1207 said:

The EP they released with Forever and Ever more is quality as well

22 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Travis Scott/Bring Me The Horizon///Run The Jewels//Nothing But Thieves//Idles

I personally think Idles should be a bit higher their seems to be a lot for demand

2 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

The EP they released with Forever and Ever more is quality as well

I personally think Idles should be a bit higher their seems to be a lot for demand

Yeah Idles are supposed to be exclusive at a festival in the UK so, if it's this festival (I think it will be), they'll be looking at third down or R1 headliner I'm sure. It'll be a good booking with a new album.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah Idles are supposed to be exclusive at a festival in the UK so, if it's this festival (I think it will be), they'll be looking at third down or R1 headliner I'm sure. It'll be a good booking with a new album.

I’m on a bit of a break from this forum as I feel I post here too much lol. So this is news to me. Do you mean IDLES will be an exclusive at Reading? Where is this from. A friend of mine will be quite disappointed with this news if true. Was expecting them to be at glasto.

Edited by Matt42

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m on a bit of a break from this forum as I feel I post here too much lol. So this is news to me. Do you mean IDLES will be an exclusive at Reading? Where is this from. A friend of mine will be quite disappointed with this news if true. Was expecting them to be at glasto.

Unlikely to be Glasto with there tour dates...

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They're supposedly booked as an exclusive somewhere according to the Bearded Theory bookers (this is covered in the Idles thread on the Glasto forum) and I inferred that the festival is Reading and Leeds because they're the big believers in exclusivity. There's no info that they're R+L exclusive, just that they're exclusive somewhere that isn't BT.

But as Danders says, even one of those Glasto bookings that flies in the face of reported exclusivity seems unlikely for Idles as they're touring with Pearl Jam over Glasto weekend.