Lineup 2020

randlfan

On 2/5/2018 at 5:03 PM, randlfan said:

My friends aunt just got some info on the 2020 headliners too btw, fair if you don't wanna believe me but we'll just have to wait and see won't we.

BBK, AM, MCR reunion.

cya there.

this was where we started almost 2 years ago

15 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Weren't Wombats 3rd down this year? Doubt they'll be back immediately, it's The Vaccines' turn.

Yh and i feel the same, but they were 3rd or 4th down 2018 FOB day as well. I agree i think id rather see the Vaccines again this year but if the Wombats are there again i aint complaining. However thinking about it Murph is doing LOVE FAME TRAGEDY currently so who knows if the Wombats will be playing or just him.

11 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

And is already wrong and definitely wouldn't have been booked then. So mummy randlfans sister is a damn liar.

BBK was never gonna happen, but tbf to mummy randlfans sister she got the MCR reunion to happen

10 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

So are the Wombats and Vaccines going to alternate third down main stage slots every year till the end of time?

Seems quite likely, although we were treated to both 3rd down in 2018, one Friday one Sunday 🤩

Just now, Gerard the Fab said:

Pretty sure were destined to have Blossoms and Courteeners consistently sub alternately as well. At least until a headliner pulls out and one has to 'co headline'

Nah, Blossoms are the new Vaccines, destined to play 3rd for the rest of eternity off the back of one fairly successful debut album, even years after anyone last listened to them.

Edited by VCK
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, VCK said:

I don't mind Biffy Clyro as a band, but them coming back to headline yet again would be one of the most uninspiring bookings.

i agree especially with all the other names that were being thrown around

10 minutes ago, VCK said:

Nah, Blossoms are the new Vaccines, destined to play 3rd for the rest of eternity off the back of one fairly successful debut album, even years after anyone last listened to them.

idk, i feel like if their new album is what they say itll be then they might push on a bit again, but i must admit having such a brilliant debut album has doomed them a bit

I’ve got a real soft spot for The Vaccines and it’s down to their debut album. It’d be nice to see them change it up and have them heading the NME instead of third down Main. 

It’s mad to think back to around 2012 on here when they were backed to be a future headliner by most. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dukey said:

Any chance of an appearance/secret set from Taylor Hawkins & the Coattail Riders? 

That would be immense! Got 'Get The Money' on as we speak! I'm totally in love with the song 'Middle Child' and the video! What a happy song! Didn't realise till the other day he had his own band lol

41 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve got a real soft spot for The Vaccines and it’s down to their debut album. It’d be nice to see them change it up and have them heading the NME instead of third down Main. 

It’s mad to think back to around 2012 on here when they were backed to be a future headliner by most. 

Maybe if things had gone differently they would've been, but I guess English Graffiti lacked crossover in the same way the first 2 LP's had. But yeah I think they'd be a cool NME stage headliner up against a more hip-hop artist on the Main Stage. Suitable level of contrast given Reading attracts a reasonable haul from both crowds.

44 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Oh my if they headliner R1 Saturday I would go without a thought that’d be sick

28 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Hayley Williams to play the NME. 

confirmed or prediction?? 

3 minutes ago, stanh said:

Wait until the next album... Theyve done it two years in a row now - would love them back at some point though... it wouldnt surprise me though if Love Fame Tragedy turned up!

Personally hoping for Two Door Cinema Club and The Vaccines as some higher up indie bands..

Yh I think Vaccines third , 2DCC sub and maybe Vampire Weekend as a sub as well. 

1 hour ago, stanh said:

Wait until the next album... Theyve done it two years in a row now - would love them back at some point though... it wouldnt surprise me though if Love Fame Tragedy turned up!

Personally hoping for Two Door Cinema Club and The Vaccines as some higher up indie bands..

I still have nightmares from TDCC! Their song 'This Is The Life' was used at work (Debenhams) and we had to listen to it like 20 times a day! Fuck i wish i could erase that shit! I'll forever hate them because of that!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

I still have nightmares from TDCC! Their song 'This Is The Life' was used at work (Debenhams) and we had to listen to it like 20 times a day! Fuck i wish i could erase that shit! I'll forever hate them because of that!

It’s a banger and a half when you haven’t been subjected to that torture though ;)

The whole of Tourist History is a modern classic imo and considering its 10 years this year I’m praying if they are around it’s a lot heavier on that album in the setlist.

Edited by TheWaters
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

It’s a banger and a half when you haven’t been subjected to that torture though ;)

The whole of Tourist History is a modern classic imo and considering its 10 years this year I’m praying if they are around it’s a lot heavier on that album in the setlist.

On repeat on the kiosks! and store sound system, daily, hourly, for at least 2 years 😢

18 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

they play the album in full almost every show anyway that has a long-ish setlist. If they get 14 songs subbing expect like 7 songs from it I would say

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gfa said:

they play the album in full almost every show anyway that has a long-ish setlist. If they get 14 songs subbing expect like 7 songs from it I would say

Oh I know, seen them 3 times now and atleast twice they’ve done that. However I’m being greedy and want the album in full👀