Lineup 2020

randlfan

9 hours ago, Alfrancis1989 said:

If Die Antwoord could make an appearance at Leeds I would be a very happy man.

They were awful please god no

8 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

This lineup waiting game is getting unbearable now. I know peoples sources are saying that MCR are just doing a show in MK, but I'm praying the reason they are taking so long to announce the lineup is because they are trying to get MCR. People were wrong about them doing Coachella, so let me dream, haha.

Can see Jimmy Eat World, I Prevail, and possibly even Papa Roach popping by for this to be honest. Get The Fratellis back as well, why not, it's been a while since they played Reading + Leeds, and I believe they are cooking up a new album. Not the draw they once were, but they sell out the Academy venues, and 'Chelsea Dagger' always goes off. Any chance of Hayley Williams appearing somewhere on the bill too, similar to what Gerard Way did a few years back? Apologies if I've repeated anything, haven't been on this thread for a while!

ive been saying the Fratellis as well, they would draw a decent crowd for some sing a long songs. But if Jimmy Eat World play I think MCR will coz they’re playing like Download together ennit.

Where would Hayley Williams play like what slot , I don’t really know how big her solo stuff is

Edited by Gerard the Fab

9 hours ago, Alfrancis1989 said:

That set at Download is one of the worst gigs I’ve seen next to At the Drive in supporting Royal Blood. The two songs I knew were bearable and were funny however the rest, Christ. 

8 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

That set at Download is one of the worst gigs I’ve seen next to At the Drive in supporting Royal Blood. The two songs I knew were bearable and were funny however the rest, Christ. 

Yh when I saw Royal Blood ATDI were dogsh*t and Die Antwoord at Reading whenever were awful also

7 minutes ago, Gavin Ballin said:

I’m going with a Cage The Elephant appearance 

i hope so, I was going to go and see them at Ally Pally in Feb but I couldn’t get the time off work so I can’t go 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Is the rumour mill really that bereft that people are clamouring for the f*cking Fratellis to play? 

Village People are also touring this year ;) would fit right in at Isle of Wight mind you!

2 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Where would Hayley Williams play like what slot , I don’t really know how big her solo stuff is

I was thinking maybe somewhere on the Radio 1 stage. Similar to how Gerard Way had his global debut at Reading + Leeds a few years back. That is provided her solo stuff gets off on the right foot. You'd probably get Paramore fans flocking to see her regardless to be honest, and she'd more than likely sprinkle a few Paramore songs in there too, similar to what Mike Shinoda did in 2018.

Don't be me wrong as well people, not seeing the Fratellis booked wouldn't break the festival for me, and I'm hardly clamouring to see them again, but they'd be a fun booking that would draw a decent crowd. Stick them on the same day as Liam Gallagher. Would be a damn sight better than seeing (in my opinion) poor acts like Die Antwoord. 

Edited by Pottsy2913

1 minute ago, Pottsy2913 said:

I was thinking maybe somewhere on the Radio 1 stage. Similar to how Gerard Way had his global debut at Reading + Leeds a few years back. That is provided her solo stuff gets off on the right foot.

You'd probably get Paramore fans flocking to see her regardless to be honest, and she'd more than likely sprinkle a few Paramore songs in there too, similar to what Mike Shinoda did in 2018.

Mike Shinoda was brilliant. But thanks sounds decent tbh

55 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Is the rumour mill really that bereft that people are clamouring for the f*cking Fratellis to play? 

not to headline tho , we still want MCR for that 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Not even bothered about who’s playing at this point, just want the lineup so I can start the bracket tournament again 💔

Is it like Liam Gallagher vs someone and then you get down to one person 

Do we all expect the line up to be quite poor? Just scrolling through this thread the rumours are hardly going to shift a lot of tickets. Also the complete lack of line up to me suggests they are struggling to get the big hitters.

I may be wrong but it's off to a very bad start with Liam G (I think most would agree that's a poor headliner)

4 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Do we all expect the line up to be quite poor? Just scrolling through this thread the rumours are hardly going to shift a lot of tickets. Also the complete lack of line up to me suggests they are struggling to get the big hitters.

I may be wrong but it's off to a very bad start with Liam G (I think most would agree that's a poor headliner)

I think i agree with your point about it being a poor lineup. Last time was 2018 line up in which they left it quite a while AND that was an absolute stinker of a line up (IMO). I mean 2019 was a decent lineup and all the headliners were released in November so seems slightly delayed this year. Hoping for something this month at least. 

4 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

They have some good options to pick from when it comes to potential headliners I think (Blink 182, Bring Me The Horizon, Biffy Clyro), and as happy as I’d be with any of those, I feel it will have been a massive missed opportunity if they don’t get MCR.

I’m optimistic, and I think they’ll get a good lineup going. Although I agree, Liam Gallagher was a poor choice for a headliner, in my opinion. Very safe, and his voice is gone.

14 hours ago, Alfrancis1989 said:

Not a chance, don't think they'll be playing anywhere outside of South Africa again with all the allegations and incidents they've been involved in. Which is a bit of a godsend because they were dire the last twice I've seen em. 

20 minutes ago, Jericode said:

The Facebook page updated their profile picture an hour ago, dare I say an announcement is imminent?

I do hope so, I noticed the Insta one as well

1 hour ago, Pottsy2913 said:

They have some good options to pick from when it comes to potential headliners I think (Blink 182, Bring Me The Horizon, Biffy Clyro), and as happy as I’d be with any of those, I feel it will have been a massive missed opportunity if they don’t get MCR.

I’m optimistic, and I think they’ll get a good lineup going. Although I agree, Liam Gallagher was a poor choice for a headliner, in my opinion. Very safe, and his voice is gone.

LG was a poor choice but will sell tickets for that type of genre. I then think it’ll be one or two we’re all predicting and one completely out of nowhere. 
but I agree if they’re leaving it this long then it will most be probably be a crap set of headliners