Lineup 2020

randlfan

25 minutes ago, Jericode said:

It's because they're headlining Neighbourhood Weekender which is considerably smaller

George Ezra headlined it last year as well as sub headlining at Glastonbury so i don't think it interferes too much with Catfish's chances of a co-headline at least. They've also headlined TRNSMT so think they could step up to doing it at R&L.. plus they've said they love to play outdoor gigs so they take as many chances as they can get to perform outdoors which might explain why they've accepted a headline at NBHD

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

28 minutes ago, Jericode said:

It's because they're headlining Neighbourhood Weekender which is considerably smaller

I don't think catfish is likely to be the case, although this year we do have Liam G who is also headlining latitude (considerably smaller). Maybe Reading just don't have the same pull power as before.

Edited by theesundayroast

1 minute ago, Jericode said:

I'm denying Catfish can do it, I'm just denying they can do it this year.

personally i think they've got just as much chance to headline this year than next unless they have another album out next year BUT they haven't been on the bill since 2015 (?) so maybe theres a reason behind the scenes for that

2 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

I don't think catfish is likely to be the case, although this year we do have Liam G who is also headlining latitude (considerably smaller). Maybe Reading just don't have the same pull power as before.

don't think its got anything to do with R&L's pull power seeing as they bagged the four headliners we got just last year, Latitude just have an exceptional line up this year

1 minute ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

don't think its got anything to do with R&L's pull power seeing as they bagged the four headliners we got just last year, Latitude just have an exceptional line up this year

I don't really judge the latitude lineup to be exceptional imo and have been going for many years. You are right in last years R&L lineup although there was really no competition from elsewhere.

Hopefully they'll prove me wrong with the reveal of the other headliners! 

13 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I don’t quite understand everyone saying that Liam headlining Latitude makes him look a week headliner.

Passed couple of years they’ve had Mumford & Sons and The Killers headline who both would headline any festival they would play.

I'll no doubt be elsewhere when Liam is on but there is no denying he is a massive pull for all ages and a good booking, EVERYONE knows oasis and Liam is basically just a tribute now playing all of the biggest hits with a few of his own songs thrown in, its the closest R&L will get to booking Oasis and i'm sure people will lap it up

13 minutes ago, Chester21 said:

Are the Killers likely to show up in a possible pre-headliner slot or are they too busy at Mad Cool and stuff? Looking to see them this summer and trying to book a holiday at the same time is annoying when I’m waiting for the R&L lineup 

certainly not sub, I would have thought headline or nothing and I dont think they will  headline this. they have there own tour going on but you never know they might fill a headline slot but I don't think they will.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Chester21 said:

Are the Killers likely to show up in a possible pre-headliner slot or are they too busy at Mad Cool and stuff? Looking to see them this summer and trying to book a holiday at the same time is annoying when I’m waiting for the R&L lineup 

They could be a secret set but judging by the sherlocks being it last year I doubt it

3 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

They could be a secret set but judging by the sherlocks being it last year I doubt it

That would be a great one to come across but like you said if last year they had the Sherlocks. To be honest I would expect them to addd another stadium date to there tour then play a UK festival. Oddly, I do fancy them to play Reading 2021. So maybe they may play a secret gig. fot those going, I do hope they do.

I'm already braced for the (probable) single MK during on a day I can't go. Please can this shit sell out within like an hour so they can drop another date on the weekend.

There's going to be thousands of people who're going to be taken by surprise if it's just the one date. There's going to be a strong reaction. 

Edited by JSmurphy

1 hour ago, Chester21 said:

Are the Killers likely to show up in a possible pre-headliner slot or are they too busy at Mad Cool and stuff? 

Are you mad or something? Who on earth are The Killers going to sub to? They headline every festival all over the world.

• Like 1