Lineup 2020

randlfan

5 hours ago, robmongascy said:

No MCR on the coachella lineup. Wonder if the other rumours about Milton Keynes and mad cool were false.

I heard that they were doing Coachella the day before they reunited. Consequence of sound literally confirmed they were doing Coachella yesterday. What happened?

alex (guy from cos) is saying they pulled. There was a lot of stuff going around about them doing Coachella so I highly doubt all of it wasn’t true.

What if they’ve pulled their reunion and that explains why mad cool is missing a headliner?

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

What if they’ve pulled their reunion and that explains why mad cool is missing a headliner?

That'd be wild, but we'll see. I think it was HAIM who posted up a Mad Cool poster on their socials that showed The Strokes for the final headliner, but swiftly removed it. 

2 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

That'd be wild, but we'll see. I think it was HAIM who posted up a Mad Cool poster on their socials that showed The Strokes for the final headliner, but swiftly removed it. 

Mad Cool looks to be having 2 headliners each day and the dot was still present on the Strokes announcement leaving one place left (rumored to be for MCR). Guess all we can do is wait at this point!

30 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I heard that they were doing Coachella the day before they reunited. Consequence of sound literally confirmed they were doing Coachella yesterday. What happened?

alex (guy from cos) is saying they pulled. There was a lot of stuff going around about them doing Coachella so I highly doubt all of it wasn’t true.

It's weird they aren't doing it, when there has been so much hype around it, and surely it means a nail in the APE rumours? Or had that been dispelled long ago?

For what it's worth, i'd been told early last year that they were going to headline all three nights of Riot Fest (in 2019), playing a different record a night (assuming Three Cheers, Black Parade and Danger Days). I feel it makes more sense for them to do Riot Fest, and if the rumours on how much the festival are willing to pay acts are true, they certainly wouldn't be bothered to stump up the money for them to play.

Edited by Traher666
Misspelling

7 hours ago, robmongascy said:

No MCR on the coachella lineup. Wonder if the other rumours about Milton Keynes and mad cool were false.

Can’t speak for the rest but I was told by someone who books tours for artists through Ticketmaster that MK Bowl is happening, that info was given to me past two weeks.

At this point, why dont you all make a MCR chat as 60% of the chat this year has been about their tour rather than Reading. I know its exciting and i want to know more details but is well annoying coming onto this chat just to see the same old stuff about MCR rumours rather than R&L rumours (even though its very dry this year).

MCR fans, dont go killing me just saying. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Gerard the Fab said:

ik this is completely off topic but surely if the Courteeners were co-headliners with LG that would satisfy as they both target the same audience

I think it's far more likely they'd sub again. With Liam being announced as a headliner (not co) I'd imagine this isn't the case. I'm not aware of Reading previously announcing co headliners as standalone originally in the past although memory may not serve me well.

9 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

At this point, why dont you all make a MCR chat as 60% of the chat this year has been about their tour rather than Reading. I know its exciting and i want to know more details but is well annoying coming onto this chat just to see the same old stuff about MCR rumours rather than R&L rumours (even though its very dry this year).

MCR fans, dont go killing me just saying. 

I agree, considering its now going round in circles. As much as i love MCR.

8 minutes ago, Jericode said:

I mean if they aren't at Coachella I'd say everything we know could be up in the air and they could now be playing this.

There, now it's relevant.

I feel like its too obvious now, people are saying they pulled out of Coachella so why would they do Reading instead

Just now, theesundayroast said:

I think it's far more likely they'd sub again. With Liam being announced as a headliner (not co) I'd imagine this isn't the case. I'm not aware of Reading previously announcing co headliners as standalone originally in the past although memory may not serve me well.

They never have before and i don't think they will. I'd just rather him co-headline with someone. Maybe Noel Gallaghers HFB. Then we can have an Oasis reunion

If Courteeners and LG were 2 of the headliners, no way would R+L share two of its headliners with TRNSMT in arguably TRNSMT's weakest year yet.

My mates in Aberdeen are counting on a good lineup for Leeds as they're really uninspired by TRNSMT this year, unsurprisingly! 

As much as I hate to say it, Courteeners will probably co-headline R+L one day. But it is not this day.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

They never have before and i don't think they will. I'd just rather him co-headline with someone. Maybe Noel Gallaghers HFB. Then we can have an Oasis reunion

I do agree, Liam as headliner is a bit lackluster for me, especially with him headlining Latitude as well which is a much smaller festival. Sadly I think we'll have a to wait a while for any kind of reunion and have Liam on his own. An co head with a different genre would be perfect imo. 

Always fun to belt out some Oasis tunes though as well as some of his first album although would much rather a less 'safe' choice.

Edited by theesundayroast

15 minutes ago, R Shah said:

If Courteeners and LG were 2 of the headliners, no way would R+L share two of its headliners with TRNSMT in arguably TRNSMT's weakest year yet.

My mates in Aberdeen are counting on a good lineup for Leeds as they're really uninspired by TRNSMT this year, unsurprisingly! 

As much as I hate to say it, Courteeners will probably co-headline R+L one day. But it is not this day.

Yh TRNSMT looks awful, but who knows it could still be better than Reading

12 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

I do agree, Liam as headliner is a bit lackluster for me, especially with him headlining Latitude as well which is a much smaller festival. Sadly I think we'll have a to wait a while for any kind of reunion and have Liam on his own. An co head with a different genre would be perfect imo. 

Always fun to belt out some Oasis tunes though as well as some of his first album although would much rather a less 'safe' choice.

Its not i dont like LG, its that there is so much scope for another headliner with him because he is mainstream yet appeals to the older generation. But if there is no one else on i must admit a night of shouting Oasis doesn't sound too bad 🙂

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

The whole thing seems odd to me. That Alex guy is suggesting they pulled out because they weren’t being billed as a headliner but all the rumours since day 1 have suggested they weren’t headlining. That even pre-dates the RATM reunion.

If it was genuinely an argument about their place on the bill I can’t understand why it’s only happened in the last 2 days.

2 minutes ago, King101 said:

The whole thing seems odd to me. That Alex guy is suggesting they pulled out because they weren’t being billed as a headliner but all the rumours since day 1 have suggested they weren’t headlining. That even pre-dates the RATM reunion.

If it was genuinely an argument about their place on the bill I can’t understand why it’s only happened in the last 2 days.

But surely a band like MCR are too big to not headline or am i just making them bigger than they actually are?? 👨‍🎤

Then again like you said they wouldnt pull out now for that reason, but what other reason could there be