Lineup 2020

randlfan

21 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Just had a thought, are we completely ruling out Billie Eilish to come back and headline?

After the record breaking crowd she pulled at Reading last year it wouldn’t surprise me to see her do it.

It got ruled out as she has loads of her own UK dates to in the summer already but with Liam Gallagher not being on an exclusive they may not be worried about exclusive tags this year.

1 hour ago, TornShaun said:

Sat drunkenly watching past Reading Fest sets wishing we'd get the 2020 lineup already! Whose with me!

Oh yeah. I had such a good time this year it's really rekindled my excitement for the lineup drop. 

Gotta get Plague Vendor back next year. 

Edited by JSmurphy
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, rockfan70x said:

I've been seeing a lot saying we won't get any rock bands on the mainstage unless its a headliner, is this true? x

The festival will continue to book rock bands in prominent slots but seeing as R&L is a zeitgeist festival currently more popular genres such as rap are taking up more slots across all stages than it has in the past but currently there is a good balance between all genres and rock is still being noticed and booked

56 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

We literally had two major rock bands as subs this year. Rock isn’t going anywhere at R&L. 

& FF headlined.

Whilst 2018's lineup was woeful, there were rock bands high-up on the bill.

It is and always has been a mixture of what's considered popular at the time.

i'm going with Biffy - BMTH // Liam Gallagher // Stormzy, i know Stormzy's tour dates make it seem like he's unlikely but i'm sure tickets for his day would still sell due to everything else on the line up people don't just get day tickets based on the headliner, think he's currently a lot more likely than Travis Scott unless he announces some tour dates soon.

would make sense why we're still waiting for an announcement Biffy and BMTH need to announce their touring plans first and Stormzy has tickets to shift

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

My albums of the year :

1 - Kaiser Chiefs - Duck 
2 - Badflower - Ok I'm sick
3 - AJR - Neotheater
4 - Bring Me The Horizon - Amo
5 - Rammstein - Rammstein
6 - Catfish & The Bottlemen - The Balance
7 - Sum 41 - Order In Decline
8 - Lucidious - Enough
9 - Post Malone - Hollywood's Bleeding 
10 - NF - The Search 
11 - Liam Gallagher - Why Me ? Why Not ?
12 - Papa Roach - Who Do You Trust ?
13 - Witt Lowry - Nevers Road
14 - While She Sleeps - So What ?
15 - Lewis Capaldi - Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent
16 - MGK - Hotel Diablo
17 - I Prevail - Trauma
18 - The Black Keys - Let's Rock
19 - Cold War Kids - New Age Norms 1
20 - Citizens - Fear
21 - Coldplay - Everyday Life
22 - Bastille - Doom Days
23 - K.Flay - Solutions
24 - TDCC - False Alarm
25 - Weezer - Black Album

25 minutes ago, Rock_Cycle said:

Since it seems they’ve changed up the formatting this year, I felt I had to start over on a new poster. (Used some parts/ideas form another user on here, but can’t find the original post to credit)

C61D4DEA-C2C1-4C79-A585-97FD7CE8330B.jpeg

Love the design very well done. Few placings are off though. I'd say Chase & Status doing a live set is atleast R1 headliner. Probably right if it's a RTRN II JUNGLE set though. I'd also agree Idles are a bit too big for the lock up and are more likely on the main or R1. Looks decent besides that.

• Upvote 1