Lineup 2020

randlfan

We need to be real, the people that will.go are the spotify streaming generation. On Spotify the top 20 rock artists:

1. Coldplay - Refuse to play
2. Twenty One Pilots - played last year
3. The Beatles - part dead
4. Linkin Park - part dead
5. Red Hot Chili Peppers - reunited the good lot so good shout
6. Panic! A The Disco - played 2 years ago
7. Metallica - doesnt fit r/l anymore
8. Arctic Monkeys - rumours they are back in the studio another shout
9. Queen - dead
10. Fall Out Boy - played 2 years ago
11. Green Day - other shows going on
12. AC/DC - part dead
13. Pink Floyd - long gone
14. Blink-182 - not a ticket mover with the current assembly 
15. Paramore - good call but not a ticket mover
16. Guns N’ Roses - not really the scene anymore 
17. Nirvana - the drummer played last year
18. The Rolling Stones - long gone
19. The 1975 - played last year
20. Kings of Leon - played 2 years ago

So we have RHCP, AM, Blink 182, or Paramore really. It's going to be RHCP isnt ut

59 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

We need to be real, the people that will.go are the spotify streaming generation. On Spotify the top 20 rock artists:

9. Queen - dead
12. AC/DC - part dead

So we have RHCP, AM, Blink 182, or Paramore really. It's going to be RHCP isnt ut

I'd take all them!

52 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Libertines are doing Bingley Weekender of all fucking places, they aren't gonna headline Reading and Leeds. Even at co-headline level.

Courteeners can get binned and all.

Didn't even remember that.

-

Why won't coldplay do it just because of their tour thing or because of something else?

-

3 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Merry christmas all

Buffy Clyro is a really uninspired choice 

Liam Gallagher will barely sell tickets, BMTH have been pushed so hard through the years up the scale. 7 performances each moving up the ladder, subbing in  2015 and then a secret set in 2018.

But BMTH wont sell tickets either, they're very niche. They dont have the pulling power of eminem, RHCP, Green Day, Foo Fighters, even Post Malone.

Travis Scott isnt a ticket mover either, he cant get number 1s or much radio play and his songs arent repeatable bangers. Co headline spot filler at most. People like Drake would get tickets moving immediately.

J Cole has an album coming out soon and I predict it is going to absolutly slam. I think he is co-headline worthy and he will be cheap like LG and BMTH. With that said I can see a huge rock band ala Foo Fighters to close on the Sunday.

J Cole + BMTH // Billie Eilish

Liam Gallagher // The Streets

Queens of the Stone Age // Tyler the Creator

How can you say Travis Scott isn't a ticket mover and then say fucking J Cole... Travis Scott is massive in comparison and has way more critical acclaim plus a solid fanbase here. I don't think many people care about qotsa anymore at Reading -- they aren't nearly on the scale of Foo Fighters or KoL or any of the other recent big rock headliners - they don't really even have a well known song(s) like KoL/Foos (lesser extent)/ RHCP / Muse do

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Chad888 said:

9. Queen - dead
12. AC/DC - part dead

Spotify listeners don’t always equal a big ticket seller. Bands like Foo Fighters, courteeners, biffy clyro and even Liam Gallagher get massive crowds at festivals despite relatively low Streams 

Edited by Rock_Cycle

40 minutes ago, Rock_Cycle said:

Spotify listeners don’t always equal a big ticket seller. Bands like Foo Fighters, courteeners, biffy clyro and even Liam Gallagher get massive crowds at festivals despite relatively low Streams 

the fact you say courteeners and then EVEN liam gallagher as if liam gallagher isn't MILES bigger than courteeners are

The Rolling Stones are definitely not "long gone" lmao. They're still very much going with almost the original lineup. Imagine the scenes if they headlined R&L in 2020. Would love to see that purely for the reactions (but also because I love the Stones and would jump at any chance to see them again tbh)

Edited by TheWaters

19 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Merry christmas all

Buffy Clyro is a really uninspired choice 

Liam Gallagher will barely sell tickets, BMTH have been pushed so hard through the years up the scale. 7 performances each moving up the ladder, subbing in  2015 and then a secret set in 2018.

But BMTH wont sell tickets either, they're very niche. They dont have the pulling power of eminem, RHCP, Green Day, Foo Fighters, even Post Malone.

Travis Scott isnt a ticket mover either, he cant get number 1s or much radio play and his songs arent repeatable bangers. Co headline spot filler at most. People like Drake would get tickets moving immediately.

J Cole has an album coming out soon and I predict it is going to absolutly slam. I think he is co-headline worthy and he will be cheap like LG and BMTH. With that said I can see a huge rock band ala Foo Fighters to close on the Sunday.

J Cole + BMTH // Billie Eilish

Liam Gallagher // The Streets

Queens of the Stone Age // Tyler the Creator

QOTSA are not a huge rock band

Never even heard of J Cole until a couple of weeks ago

I love J.Cole, he was one of the first artists I really got into in rap. However if he was to play Reading I'd honestly say he's no more than 3rd down or sub at a big push. Which is why he'll probably never play. Same situation Rocky's been in past few years I reckon, hovering around 4th/3rd main or R1 headline when he seems to have been only accepting headline slots (the difference with Rocky is that give it a few years and another album and he probably will headline).

Edited by TheWaters

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

BMTH are dropping an EP tonight (our time). It’s already appeared on Spotify Australia. Supposedly it’s very experimental. 

Yeah just heard some snippets and seen the tracklist. Features from Bexey, Halsey, Yonaka and Lotus Eater and has a 24 minute track lmao.

From what I've heard some of it sounds very Amo-esque and some of it sounds straight from There Is A Hell. Looking forward to this.

Edited by TheWaters

Just now, TheWaters said:

Yeah just heard some snippets and seen the tracklist. Features from Bexey, Halsey, Yonaka, Lotus Eater and a 24 minute track lmao.

From what I've heard some of it sounds very Amo-esque and some of it sounds straight from There Is A Hell. Looking forward to this.

Yonaka! I watched them open for BMTH, hope they do well in 2020! Great band!

3 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah agreed, great band. Saw them open for Don Broco last year and caught them at Reading last year and All Points East this year, very excited to see what happens with them.

How did i miss them at Reading 2018! I guess i didn't know them till i watched them open for BMTH! Yeah they're a solid band!

5 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

How did i miss them at Reading 2018! I guess i didn't know them till i watched them open for BMTH! Yeah they're a solid band!

They played the FR on the Friday relatively early, they were very good. They put out a banging album this year. Would love to see them early on Main or R1 this year.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

They played the FR on the Friday relatively early, they were very good. They put out a banging album this year. Would love to see them early on Main or R1 this year.

Yeah had a good year watching some unknown ish bands! Marsicans, Yonaka, Olivia Nelson and Phil Campbell and the Bastard Sons

Edited by TornShaun
  • Like 1