Lineup 2020

randlfan

22 hours ago, VCK said:

Incidentally his last ever performance with them was at Leeds '07.

They were poor and Arcade Fire blew them off the stage by the way.

Yeah I can remember reading NME in 2008 ahead of that year's Reading Festival and that being referenced more than once.

35 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Fair play to Sports Team for making it to a level alongside The Amazons and Sundara Karma before having an album out.

Aye that's pretty fucking wicked.

I saw them at Truck this summer and they were superb.

So Hip Hop/Rap for Reading 2020 is honestly not looking promising with Brockhampton over in early summer and Stormzy doing two O2 shows straight after. Nothing seems promising, I've made a list of possible major Hip Hop/Rap acts that may turn up out of 10: 

8/10 - Stormzy = Although doing Two major shows at the O2 after the festival which might draw away some of his fans he has just released a banging new album plus will go down a hit at the festival. Also it is a common occurrence that reading to have a headline act that Glastonbury in the year previous. Plus announcing Reading in his lyrics might be a massive clue. 

6/10 - Travis Scott = Another major rapper who has had an awesome history at the festival subbing Fall out Boy in 2018. However could come back and has been heavily rumoured. 

7/10 - A$AP Rocky = After having a fairly shitty 2019 A$AP rocky is another one to consider for the festival as either a co-head or a sub. He was third down in 2016 at the festival and hasn't been back since his new album plus as he cancelled so many shows last year in the UK due to the shit there is quite a big audience who will want to see him so would be a very good booking for Reading. Plus from looking at his shows next year he is yet to announce a UK date for next summer. 

4/10 - Kanye West = Got an album rumoured to coming out soon. but probably wouldn't bother with festivals let alone even coming over UK. 

7/10 - Tyler The Creator = After not being allowed to come to reading back in 2015, Tyler has a major following in the UK after Flower Boy and Igor which are two amazing albums. However he is headlining Lovebox and Parklife which will limit the amount of tickets Reading will sell if he is announced as a Co-head or sub. 

8/10 - Skepta = After he cancelled 2018 reading are yet to re-book plus he is always around every summer and yet to be announced for any other festivals. Possibly a huge R1 headliner or sub.

7/10 - Octavian = After an awesome 2019 the rapper has had major followings and had an absolute stormer headlining R1xtra I hope to see him mid to top R1 stage next year. He is also part of a group called ESSIE GANG which also might make an appearance. 

6/10 - Ski Mask The Slump God = Got to admit one of my favourite artists in the last few years. releasing STOKELEY has pushed him up the line-up majorly from mid R1xtra stage in 2018 (even though he cancelled) to Mid to top radio 1 stage would love to see him plus he will sell tickets as he's got a huge following. 

9/10 - Slowthai = What a man! after recently supporting Brockhampton in the USA, Slowthai is now a major artist to book and would be an awesome act to have on the bill. Personally I would say he is hit to play forth down main stage or high up Radio 1 stage. 

7/10 - Denzel Curry = He just gotta come. latest album probably slots him mid-top Radio 1 headline.  

To be honest chaps I've got no clue what hip hop/rap acts we will have however judging from the last 3 years hoping for some of these names to pop up.

Edited by Dim Sum
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Dim Sum said:

So Hip Hop/Rap for Reading 2020 is honestly not looking promising with Brockhampton over in early summer and Stormzy doing two O2 shows straight after. Nothing seems promising, I've made a list of possible major Hip Hop/Rap acts that may turn up out of 10: 

8/10 - Stormzy = Although doing Two major shows at the O2 after the festival which might draw away some of his fans he has just released a banging new album plus will go down a hit at the festival. Also it is a common occurrence that reading to have a headline act that Glastonbury in the year previous. Plus announcing Reading in his lyrics might be a massive clue. 

6/10 - Travis Scott = Another major rapper who has had an awesome history at the festival subbing Fall out Boy in 2018. However could come back and has been heavily rumoured. 

7/10 - A$AP Rocky = After having a fairly shitty 2019 A$AP rocky is another one to consider for the festival as either a co-head or a sub. He was third down in 2016 at the festival and hasn't been back since his new album plus as he cancelled so many shows last year in the UK due to the shit there is quite a big audience who will want to see him so would be a very good booking for Reading. Plus from looking at his shows next year he is yet to announce a UK date for next summer. 

4/10 - Kanye West = Got an album rumoured to coming out soon. but probably wouldn't bother with festivals let alone even coming over UK. 

7/10 - Tyler The Creator = After not being allowed to come to reading back in 2015, Tyler has a major following in the UK after Flower Boy and Igor which are two amazing albums. However he is headlining Lovebox and Parklife which will limit the amount of tickets Reading will sell if he is announced as a Co-head or sub. 

8/10 - Skepta = After he cancelled 2018 reading are yet to re-book plus he is always around every summer and yet to be announced for any other festivals. Possibly a huge R1 headliner or sub.

7/10 - Octavian = After an awesome 2019 the rapper has had major followings and had an absolute stormer headlining R1xtra I hope to see him mid to top R1 stage next year. He is also part of a group called ESSIE GANG which also might make an appearance. 

6/10 - Ski Mask The Slump God = Got to admit one of my favourite artists in the last few years. releasing STOKELEY has pushed him up the line-up majorly from mid R1xtra stage in 2018 (even though he cancelled) to Mid to top radio 1 stage would love to see him plus he will sell tickets as he's got a huge following. 

9/10 - Slowthai = What a man! after recently supporting Brockhampton in the USA, Slowthai is now a major artist to book and would be an awesome act to have on the bill. Personally I would say he is hit to play forth down main stage or high up Radio 1 stage. 

7/10 - Denzel Curry = He just gotta come. latest album probably slots him mid-top Radio 1 headline.  

To be honest chaps I've got no clue what hip hop/rap acts we will have however judging from the last 3 years hoping for some of these names to pop up.

I wouldn't base it not looking good on Stormzy and BROCKHAMPTON tbh, although I would like the latter.

Good chance quite a few of those names will be there.

I would be shocked if Kanye tours on any capacity next year. Tyler is headlining Parklife and Lovebox like you say, so doubtful, but you never know.

Slowthai, Denzel, Skepta, Travis Scott are all likely and would be great.

JPEGMAFIA, IDK, Danny Brown, Clipping, Loyle Carner, Little Simz, Kano, Injury Reserve, YBN Cordae, ScHoolboy Q, Pivot Gang, Dreamville, Bishop Nehru, Malibu Ken, Earthgang, $UICIDEBOY$, Beast Coast, Ghostface Killah, Czarface, Common, SiR, Boogie, Action Bronson, Benny The Butcher have all released music this year, so there's acts to choose from if they want them.

What's to say acts like AJ Tracey won't be there again as well?

Freddie Gibbs? Or does he appeal to more of an old school hip hop head?

Not rap, but KAYTRANADA could be there too.

It would be a shame if they didn't book The Streets on this tour imo 

Edited by jamieaslee

12 hours ago, Dim Sum said:

10 - A$AP Rocky = After having a fairly shitty 2019 A$AP rocky is another one to consider for the festival as either a co-head or a sub. He was third down in 2016 at the festival and hasn't been back since his new album plus as he cancelled so many shows last year in the UK due to the shit there is quite a big audience who will want to see him so would be a very good booking for Reading. Plus from looking at his shows next year he is yet to announce a UK date for next summer

Good analysis of A$AP Rocky after reading this he could be quite possibly. 

3 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

I wouldn't base it not looking good on Stormzy and BROCKHAMPTON tbh, although I would like the latter.

Good chance quite a few of those names will be there.

I would be shocked if Kanye tours on any capacity next year. Tyler is headlining Parklife and Lovebox like you say, so doubtful, but you never know.

Slowthai, Denzel, Skepta, Travis Scott are all likely and would be great.

JPEGMAFIA, IDK, Danny Brown, Clipping, Loyle Carner, Little Simz, Kano, Injury Reserve, YBN Cordae, ScHoolboy Q, Pivot Gang, Dreamville, Bishop Nehru, Malibu Ken, Earthgang, $UICIDEBOY$, Beast Coast, Ghostface Killah, Czarface, Common, SiR, Boogie, Action Bronson, Benny The Butcher have all released music this year, so there's acts to choose from if they want them.

What's to say acts like AJ Tracey won't be there again as well?

Freddie Gibbs? Or does he appeal to more of an old school hip hop head?

Not rap, but KAYTRANADA could be there too.

It would be a shame if they didn't book The Streets on this tour imo 

Yeah love to see Kaytranada, Loyle Caner, SchoolBoy Q and The Streets but hoping SlowThai is coming back most of all couldn't see AJ Tracey coming back can't see him moving up the line up much more unless he realeases something big. But DaBaby could be possible could see him having a nice slot mid R1.

12 hours ago, Dim Sum said:

10 - A$AP Rocky = After having a fairly shitty 2019 A$AP rocky is another one to consider for the festival as either a co-head or a sub. He was third down in 2016 at the festival and hasn't been back since his new album plus as he cancelled so many shows last year in the UK due to the shit there is quite a big audience who will want to see him so would be a very good booking for Reading. Plus from looking at his shows next year he is yet to announce a UK date for next summer

Good analysis of A$AP Rocky after reading this he could be quite possibly. 

14 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

Why do Reading Fest bother tweeting anything lol Every reply is 'Lineup already' lol

Honestly think we’re not getting anything till post New Year now and they’re gonna go down the route they took in 2018. Part of me thinks they’ve struggled with the lack of big names seemingly around and have gone for some really mundane bookings so are hoping enough people take a gamble on Christmas presents etc. Comparing it to last year they had 3 major headliners already released at this point along with some very strong bookings lower down meaning sure fire sales over the Christmas period. IOW, Latitude, TRNSMT have evidently struggled too and I personally think R+L will be no different. 

• Upvote 1

I reckon brockhampton could come back over given they didn't add more dates for their tour. Its mostly sold out already and definitely will closer to the time so they could be back. Regardless of what they do a lot of people would be excited for it I think.

1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Honestly think we’re not getting anything till post New Year now and they’re gonna go down the route they took in 2018. Part of me thinks they’ve struggled with the lack of big names seemingly around and have gone for some really mundane bookings so are hoping enough people take a gamble on Christmas presents etc. Comparing it to last year they had 3 major headliners already released at this point along with some very strong bookings lower down meaning sure fire sales over the Christmas period. IOW, Latitude, TRNSMT have evidently struggled too and I personally think R+L will be no different. 

Catfish and the Bottlemen headline slot inbound...