Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 hour ago, Quorn said:

I’d argue the same could be said for Post Malone this year, yet he was still a co-headliner.

Kendrick also. Think it's more about their typical sets and preferences. Travis Scott seems to typically do 60-75 minute headline slots and if he's happy to accept that then why not book another act to "headline" with him? I assume that was the case for Kendrick and possibly Postie too.

1 hour ago, TornShaun said:

Blink are touring Europe in 2020, just no dates yet! 

Yeah i seen an interview with Blink for Radio X and they were on Good Morning Britain literally only a month ago stating they are 100% coming to the UK next Summer. Any ideas why there are still no dates at this stage? My hunch is it surely means they are playing Reading hence the delay 

1 hour ago, TornShaun said:

Blink are touring Europe in 2020, just no dates yet! 

And it's getting late to announce a festival show....there is only one they could do in England really. They could announce their own tour next year but clearly are not doing early summer fests and it's been 6 years since Reading. 

1 hour ago, Quorn said:

I’d argue the same could be said for Post Malone this year, yet he was still a co-headliner.

Not at the time he was booked which was likely not long after the year he played low down and they looked at the reaction.

9 hours ago, Jakeylaw said:

It's because he has a arena tour the week after reading with multiple shows in London and Leeds

True but given Liam Gallagher's touring schedule last month/next Summer it may be unfair to rule Stormzy out in all honesty.

6 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Blink said in a radio interview that they're back over here in June, so it won't be them 

Download and Isle of Wight have already announced their headliners and the only other big festival in June I could think of is Glasto which I don't think is that likely. I could see them do a day fest like All Points East or British Summer Time but they are the wrong month.

16 minutes ago, jump said:

Download and Isle of Wight have already announced their headliners and the only other big festival in June I could think of is Glasto which I don't think is that likely. I could see them do a day fest like All Points East or British Summer Time but they are the wrong month.

I don't think it's a festival. They did an arena tour in June a few years back and sold well. I predict the same again.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I don't think it's a festival. They did an arena tour in June a few years back and sold well. I predict the same again.

June/July 2017, if I recall. Went to the very last show of that tour at London O2. Was better than I expected it to be given I'm aware there's that much negative press about Matt Skiba replacing DeLonge, and IMO its not as good in recordings of live shows.

23 hours ago, Jakeylaw said:

It's because he has a arena tour the week after reading with multiple shows in London and Leeds

I don't see it, you would expect much more tickets sold on that tour already than have been and I really cannot see the sales needed on top of that for R&L. The tour is ambitious enough as it is. He might be from Manchester but Liam has sold out LLLC and Heaton Park in minutes now though I imagine his being from there is the only reason R&L accepted him doing both.

13 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Yeah I'd agree, if Skiba is still there instead of Tom that's their best chance of selling. I fancy seeing them again but right now it's not really Blink 182...it's Hoppus with a backup singer and band.

• Upvote 2