Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 hours ago, rockfan70x said:

First time at Reading next year, taking my son. I like rock music but he's into hip hop (and hates rock all together!). Will we see more rock or hip hop at this festival? I've heard rumours that in the near future, rock bands will be a thing of the past for Reading. x

You'll be fine there's enough of a mix for everyone to have a good time, and if by chance there's a few hours when you don't have anyone to watch then there's enough to do away from the stages, fairground rides, stalls and the odd lemonade to partake in ?

28 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

no chances of a huge metal band in R+L 2020, all avaible in august will be at Knotfest

Since it's not the same weekend is there any reason you'd think they wont play both festivals? There were a few high up spots on this year's line up like Frank Carter, Royal Blood, Anderson Paak etc were playing other fests and/or doing their own shows, even Liam Gallagher who is headlining isn't on an exclusive.

34 minutes ago, jump said:

Since it's not the same weekend is there any reason you'd think they wont play both festivals? There were a few high up spots on this year's line up like Frank Carter, Royal Blood, Anderson Paak etc were playing other fests and/or doing their own shows, even Liam Gallagher who is headlining isn't on an exclusive.

The band are not going to put their own festival on and jeopardise ticket sales by playing a major festival, especially a festival happebing a week later.

Chances of a secret set though...  

19 minutes ago, Dan Wilcox said:

The band are not going to put their own festival on and jeopardise ticket sales by playing a major festival, especially a festival happebing a week later.

Chances of a secret set though...  

I wasn't talking about Slipknot specifically, I was replying to there's not gonna be any big name metal acts at R&L as they would be at Knotfest instead. I don't really buy that myself, if anything it could encourage some US acts to come over to the UK to get two paychecks the same week.

Edited by jump

2 minutes ago, jump said:

I wasn't talking about Slipknot specifically, I was replying to there's not gonna be any big name metal acts at R&L as they would be at Knotfest instead. I don't really buy that myself, if anything it could encourage some US acts to come over to the UK to get a two paychecks the same week.

Ah ok, apologies. In that case, maybe a smaller name or two but I wouldn't imagine of a similar calibre to the acts mentioned.