Lineup 2020

randlfan

46 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Do we think Eminem could do it again? I mean Travis only played in 2018 so not sure he'd come back just yet for the bump up 

His stock has fallen substantially in the mainstream. Would be a bit of a silly booking imo, especially because it'll have been just 3 years. Travis is one of the most popular artists in the world right now and has grown massively since 2018 while Eminem has probably dipped a bit after the last two albums not being very well received. Don't think it'd make much sense with better rap options out there.

On 12/7/2019 at 9:51 AM, Dim Sum said:

He can't be headlining outright it's just not right. Two albums the second not even being that great plus aloud of classic Oasis songs which are great but come on, like we had Foo Fighters and Post Malone at this time last year what is going on? where's the money going? 

Kanye West 

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yes

You're saying about Liam but he l00% has the sales to do it, Post Malone to be fair had only been 5th down the main stage and then co-headlining. The craziest thing here is that Latitude have somehow booked an act that can sell out a stadium date, and although its Manchester, his other arena tour are crazy for that gig. The Killers did it but they weren't at the point they are now again, Glastonbury has well for them. I think Liam is either than cheap or they are cashing in before an inevitable Oasis reunion where he's then unavailable.

7 hours ago, TheWaters said:

His stock has fallen substantially in the mainstream. Would be a bit of a silly booking imo, especially because it'll have been just 3 years. Travis is one of the most popular artists in the world right now and has grown massively since 2018 while Eminem has probably dipped a bit after the last two albums not being very well received. Don't think it'd make much sense with better rap options out there.

Like critical response has ever or will ever hurt Eminem. I don't think he's declined much if at all and he is still the biggest act that R+L would book. It would be an uninspired booking but it works every time.

7 hours ago, robillustrates said:

I keep thinking Blink 182 will end up at Reading, likely, not at all possible? I have no evidence for it.

Yeah i was thinking that too, especially as they did say they would be touring Europe in 2020, plus they haven't played since 2014! Here's to hoping!

1 hour ago, TornShaun said:

Yeah i was thinking that too, especially as they did say they would be touring Europe in 2020, plus they haven't played since 2014! Here's to hoping!

Me too. Where would they be on the bill now though? ‘Co-headline’ before Scott?

Im guessing they’re still way too big, even without Tom to headline the tent?

2 minutes ago, Benj said:

Me too. Where would they be on the bill now though? ‘Co-headline’ before Scott?

Im guessing they’re still way too big, even without Tom to headline the tent?

A co-headline slot would work, i'd take that for them to be there, would leave the other two days free for other outright headliners! Yeah i think they're still far to big to be headlining a tent!

Don’t get why Biffy Clyro aren’t one of the main rumours. They have a new album out  near the start of 2020 which they will be touring and they already have German festivals announced. I can’t think of any other U.K. Festival they’d be suited to play that hasn’t already announced it’s lineup.

44 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Don’t get why Biffy Clyro aren’t one of the main rumours. They have a new album out  near the start of 2020 which they will be touring and they already have German festivals announced. I can’t think of any other U.K. Festival they’d be suited to play that hasn’t already announced it’s lineup.

They are a likely candidate, but headlining 3 times in 8 years seems a bit odd (doubt the organisers care for this 'rule' though).

Has there been any instance before of an act headlining 3 times over a short period of time(relatively speaking)?

Can think of something like FOB doing 2016 and 2018, not 3 times though. Even Muse are spread out every 5/6 years.

1 minute ago, moonage505 said:

Yeah man, they really blew up in the last couple years and it’s great to see since they went through quite a rocky patch recently 

I know they blew up around 2017-2018 but genuinely thought the hype cooled on them and that Ginger flopped. Assumed Kevin Abstract was prepping a solo career tbh.

I don't think this tour should exclude them from playing R+L in 2020. They aren't going to be at Parklife or Lovebox now so a trip back over almost three months later might work. Headlining R1 against LG makes sense.

24 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I know they blew up around 2017-2018 but genuinely thought the hype cooled on them and that Ginger flopped. Assumed Kevin Abstract was prepping a solo career tbh.

I don't think this tour should exclude them from playing R+L in 2020. They aren't going to be at Parklife or Lovebox now so a trip back over almost three months later might work. Headlining R1 against LG makes sense.

Ginger didn’t really flop but everything else I agree with, fingers crossed since their last R+L set was so good