Lineup 2020

randlfan

4 hours ago, Benj said:

It’s not 2011 any more. Evanescence are more likely to be headlining the FR stage than subbing  a headliner

Put Lewis Capaldi as sub, bin Keiser chiefs and pulp and that is quite a realistic looking day

If Lewis Capaldi subs it'd be on the Liam G day, surely? Basically any rock band would be better suited under MCR.

Going back to a bit of an older point but I think BMTH have a lot more of a general appeal than some people here seem to give them credit for. 

Seeing Spotify Wrapped posts where they're in the top 5 of people with others like Travis Scott, Drake and Post Malone. 

Don't think they'd be as out of place as some might expect and R&L. 

22 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Going back to a bit of an older point but I think BMTH have a lot more of a general appeal than some people here seem to give them credit for. 

Seeing Spotify Wrapped posts where they're in the top 5 of people with others like Travis Scott, Drake and Post Malone. 

Don't think they'd be as out of place as some might expect and R&L. 

I don't think anyone is saying they are out of place at R&L, it's more about if they are big enough to headline after cooling down and their APE shows sales flopping.

16 hours ago, dannymichaels said:

Kept Palaye and The Used since a lot of MCR fans would enjoy them. The rest is very R/L friendly.

The last time MCR headlined (2011) the day was nothing but hard rock/punk bands that catered to MCR fans. I can't really see your average MCR fan preferring a hip-hop artist sub compared to a similar band.

Then again the people at Download enjoyed Die Antwoord under Slipknot.

87657869.png

Don't torture me by predicting Pulp please. :( 

23 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

think he'd go down really well, think he suits the current demographic way more than Slipknot but they're still being predicted

Reason slipknot are being predicted is because Reading has always had at least one large established rock band, of late that's become the standard Sunday slot.

With a lack of any other bands confirmed touring at that time, and with Slipknot's no.1 album + sold out arena tour + amount posters advertised at Reading 2019, many including myself are considering them as legtimitate possible headliners for those reasons, even though it would be quite a curveball booking.

At least 1 mainstream headliner is 100% needed though and if Travis doesn't end up playing, The Weeknd could defo do it for sure.

17 hours ago, dannymichaels said:

If Lewis Capaldi subs it'd be on the Liam G day, surely? Basically any rock band would be better suited under MCR.

15 hours ago, strangerkings said:

Made my own "My Chem" day.

7658697.png

Just two posts later haha.

16 hours ago, Big bou said:

Chances of AM there have been to rumours of them being in the studio for about a month from reliable sources what are the chance of a return it’s been 6 years since last reading appearance

Unlikely currently - if they were around Liam Gallagher probably wouldn't have been booked and they would take his slot. Honestly value for money wise and current hype levels LG is a financially better booking i'd imagine.

2 hours ago, alf13 said:

Tyler The Creator ‘confirmed’ for Lovebox and Parklife this year, does that make him more or less likely to make an appearance at R&L?

Would say it makes him less likely as he’d be over here early summer rather than later. Could easily do both but I don’t think he’s got anything over here late Europe yet? Less likely for now.

Edited by TheWaters

4 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Hart, I’d love this, but Reading not having a single rap act in the top 9 acts on the main stage is never going to happen. 

ignore me I misinterpreted lmao

Also R&L posted on insta stories saying Reading Saturday and Leeds Sunday early bird tickets on sale this weekend so I’d assume those are the days LG is doing.

Edited by TheWaters