Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t think you get my point mate sorry. Let me say it again.

Lattitude and Reading have never shared headliners before. For reasons said above in the sense that they are run by the same people and it would be a massive risk to have a shared headliner when you’ve got tickets to sell.

Its weird that they’ve taken that risk - especially on someone who is playing plenty of other events additional to both Reading and Lattitude.

Unless I’m so out of touch that Liam Gallagher is as big of a ticket seller as Ed Sheeran. 

He's doing trnsmt which is in a different country, heaton park which sold out in a few mins. Outwith that it's just these 2 atm I think. I get maybe it's unusual that acts from these two fests share a headliner but it doesn't seem like it was thrown together last minute.

Doubt anyone is as big a ticket shifter as Ed but LG sold out his arena tour rapid for sure and his stock has been high for a couple years not and shows no signs of abating. 

18 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

He's doing trnsmt which is in a different country, heaton park which sold out in a few mins. Outwith that it's just these 2 atm I think. I get maybe it's unusual that acts from these two fests share a headliner but it doesn't seem like it was thrown together last minute.

Doubt anyone is as big a ticket shifter as Ed but LG sold out his arena tour rapid for sure and his stock has been high for a couple years not and shows no signs of abating. 

I think it makes the Reading slot look a touch weak now, very surprised Latitude have a Reading headliner. 

It is something tbf - he played a lot of outdoor gigs in 2018, including Finsbury Park and a couple of festivals, so to carry on with a 2020 summer campaign of R&L, Latitude, TRNSMT and Manchester is a huge scale touring almost with a ticket equivalent of a stadium act, not including any further potential dates. Of course I know festivals will have other bands alongside them, but even so, its still the kind of mass tour I'd expect any Oasis reunion to potentially hit up.

I think Liam Gallagher's appeal is so ubiquitous that FR believe that he will still be a draw for both events

I also believe that the two events are marketed towards more separate demographics than previously; RnL is very focused on the 16 - 21 market, whereas Latitude appears to be veering slightly more towards Radio 2 than Radio 6 (Keane subbing your festival will do that, even if it is under The Chemical Brothers)

LG is perfect for both camps; fun for all the family, unless you're his girlfriend, in which case look out for the grapple hand

1 hour ago, rawaudioinput said:

I think Liam Gallagher's appeal is so ubiquitous that FR believe that he will still be a draw for both events

I also believe that the two events are marketed towards more separate demographics than previously; RnL is very focused on the 16 - 21 market, whereas Latitude appears to be veering slightly more towards Radio 2 than Radio 6 (Keane subbing your festival will do that, even if it is under The Chemical Brothers)

LG is perfect for both camps; fun for all the family, unless you're his girlfriend, in which case look out for the grapple hand

I think this is the main point- RnL might share a few attendees with Latitude, but in the main they’re marketed towards two quite different demographics. It’s highly doubtful that booking him for both would impact the tickets sales of either. 

I can’t see why it makes the RnL slot look weak when it’s clearly a sensible booking for both festivals, in their own right 

30 minutes ago, rawaudioinput said:

Not that, because it's not Download and it's not 2007

Kept Palaye and The Used since a lot of MCR fans would enjoy them. The rest is very R/L friendly.

17 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

Not going to happen. A day centred around the genre of the headliner is no longer a thing (if indeed it ever was!) 

The last time MCR headlined (2011) the day was nothing but hard rock/punk bands that catered to MCR fans. I can't really see your average MCR fan preferring a hip-hop artist sub compared to a similar band.

Then again the people at Download enjoyed Die Antwoord under Slipknot.

87657869.png

Edited by dannymichaels

9 minutes ago, dannymichaels said:

Kept Palaye and The Used since a lot of MCR fans would enjoy them. The rest is very R/L friendly.

The last time MCR headlined (2011) the day was nothing but hard rock/punk bands that catered to MCR fans. I can't really see your average MCR fan preferring a hip-hop artist sub compared to a similar band.

87657869.png

Reading and Leeds changed from a rock festival to a primarily indie festival around 2016, with different genres scattered everywhere. IF My Chem play, it really wouldn't surprise me if someone like Cardi B subs. Oddly it would surprise me if a more suitable band subs My Chem.

8 hours ago, dannymichaels said:

87657869.png

It’s not 2011 any more. Evanescence are more likely to be headlining the FR stage than subbing  a headliner

Put Lewis Capaldi as sub, bin Keiser chiefs and pulp and that is quite a realistic looking day

9 hours ago, dannymichaels said:

87657869.png

can we just have pulp and have them co with someone else please ;) 

Edited by gfa
  • Upvote 1