Lineup 2020

randlfan

Do you reckon reading lost a headliner? Liam headlining both can’t be a conscious choice. 

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

since most new music became crap pop, perhaps...? :P 

if you told me in 2012 Liam would eventually become bigger than Noel and play all of these gigs in one year I’d laugh at you. How many tickets in total and in theory is he trying to sell here?

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Do you reckon reading lost a headliner? Liam headlining both can’t be a conscious choice. 

if you told me in 2012 Liam would eventually become bigger than Noel and play all of these gigs in one year I’d laugh at you. How many tickets in total and in theory is he trying to sell here?

May just be that he's a cheap booking that's proven to sell a decent amount of tickets. 

3 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

he has to be coheadlining or reading had someone drop out because there’s no way he’s doing all these dates. he’s trying to sell like 100,000+ tickets and i’m not sure whether there’s THAT much demand for him, especially down south 

Especially as after all these dates, i'm sure anyone who REALLY wants to see him will have gone to at least one by now. I guess the main thing is he's a name that everyone recognises no matter what the demographic. 

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

someone just suggested in the latitude thread that Liam was confused about which live nation show he was playing when he announced himself for reading & leeds. :P 

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

it's around 250,000 from Manc, Latitude & R/L.

1 hour ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Everyone is hugely underestimating Liam Gallagher's ticket shifting ability here. No way he would need to have been second choice for R&L. He subbed last time and has had 2 number one albums since and plays mainly Oasis classics, he sells arenas out in minutes no bother.

Well he must be. The amount of tickets he’s trying to shift this year is crazy.

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Tbf The Killers headlined Latitude the other year so they clearly can share same calibre acts.

That’s not really the point I was trying to make. Headlining Reading and Lattitude amongst a wide range of other gigs is really bizarre. Aren’t they both run by the same organisers and mere weeks apart from each other? It’s not exactly a smart booking decision unless you’re sure that the act will sell the tickets. I reckon there must have been a pull out at either latitude or reading because it’s incredibly risky to think you have an act that can shift all of those tickets - especially when they are doing plenty of other gigs across the country too.

36 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

He must be what? Second choice for R&L?

Really doubt it, he will be a big draw at every fest he's doing. Manchester obv sold out in mins and TRNSMT will probs sell out his day too. 

I don’t think you get my point mate sorry. Let me say it again.

Lattitude and Reading have never shared headliners before. For reasons said above in the sense that they are run by the same people and it would be a massive risk to have a shared headliner when you’ve got tickets to sell.

Its weird that they’ve taken that risk - especially on someone who is playing plenty of other events additional to both Reading and Lattitude.

Unless I’m so out of touch that Liam Gallagher is as big of a ticket seller as Ed Sheeran. 

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Lattitude and Reading have never shared headliners before. For reasons said above in the sense that they are run by the same people and it would be a massive risk to have a shared headliner when you’ve got tickets to sell.

Its weird that they’ve taken that risk - especially on someone who is playing plenty of other events additional to both Reading and Lattitude.

Unless I’m so out of touch that Liam Gallagher is as big of a ticket seller as Ed Sheeran. 

I wouldn't say he's shifting as much as Ed but he is hugely in demand and I have no doubt looking at what he's accomplished so far he can sell these tickets.

I don't see any risk at all and actually see it as a very safe bet.

26 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

He's not playing 'plenty' of other events, and he's a big draw. He's also not the only selling point for the majority of those tickets (only for the Manc show).

It's an odd booking to share a headliner, but I guess they know the demand is there.

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

He's not playing 'plenty' of other events, and he's a big draw. He's also not the only selling point for the majority of those tickets (only for the Manc show).

It's an odd booking to share a headliner, but I guess they know the demand is there.

Itd definitely hit day ticket sales as well though which is the weirdest thing.