Lineup 2020

randlfan

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

No way, that is way too disparate. 

Absolutely it is, and don't get me wrong, can't see it happening realistically and I don't think it will, it's just with how bonkers the festival seems to be with booking certain acts, it wouldn't surprise me if it did happen. Thought back in 2018 Sum 41 > Dua Lipa was a bit strange, even Travis Scott > Fall Out Boy too. Didn't Korn play before someone completely different one year, or vice versa as well?

Would be pretty damn amusing though.

Edited by Pottsy2913

4 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

I'm hoping that you're all going to be unwrapping the Origin of Muse boxset on Christmas morning, and it gives them the final push needed to do an Origin of Muse tour. Performing songs from Showbiz, Origin of Symmetry and Absolution. If they wanted to cash in during the break between albums then I'm confident there's an army of disillusioned Muse fans who'd go for it. Probably better suited to a one-off gig at Finsbury Park rather than R&L. 

I think I'd prefer it somewhere smaller scale than Finsbury. Maybe a Brixton Academy or Kentish Town Forum. IMO that would feel a bit more special. But equally that's basically just my personal hopes at wish fulfilment after I missed out on the by request gig ahead of their last R&L slot in 2017.

I don't know how well the Origin deep cuts went down at Reading 2011. I remember I was there and got thrown about the moshpit during New Born and Bliss, and that Space Dementia and Micro Cuts seemed to go down very well. But equally, I'm not sure what the casuals made of some of Origin's weirder bits.

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

It looks like Rage aren't playing in Europe until 2021.

I honestly thought it would just be some US election 2020 shows and out, so the fact they're even considering beyond that is something.

52 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Not sure if it's been suggested already, but can really see Bullet For My Valentine being there one of the days after the Reading secret set. A headline slot on The Pit or a nice spot on the Main Stage in a run up to Bring Me The Horizon/Slipknot would work nicely.

If BMTH do co-headline they would fit into the main stage quite well that day, 4th down main?

53 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Not sure if it's been suggested already, but can really see Bullet For My Valentine being there one of the days after the Reading secret set. A headline slot on The Pit or a nice spot on the Main Stage in a run up to Bring Me The Horizon/Slipknot would work nicely.

Slipknot / BMTH / Skepta / Bullet For My Valentine / Denzel Curry 

Liam headlining latitude next year as well. Reading is really going to have to get its act together if it's only getting the same headliners as far smaller festivals imo.

On the other hand, this does make me think Liam may be the money saving headliner. Hopefully means some other fairly large bookings.

Edit: Nothing against Liam by the way, personally really enjoy his music. It just feels very safe and would appreciate something a bit different.

Edited by theesundayroast

3 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

R&L and Latitude sharing a headliner!? And Liam Gallagher at Latitude?? what

not sure it's true.

Supposedly it's what Radio X says, but from digging in secret sources it seems to be the case that no one has had a early press release for Latitude so I'm not sure where they've got that info from.

2 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Yeah, heard it on the radio about 30 mins ago. As someone who goes to both every year I'm fairly disappointed as I always liked the fact they rarely share many acts.  

Yeah, it's rare they share acts many at all let alone a headliner. First time that's ever happened, if it's true.

Edited by JSmurphy

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not sure it's true.

Supposedly it's what Radio X says, but from digging in secret sources it seems to be the case that no one has had a early press release for Latitude so I'm not sure where they've got that info from.

Just to confirm, it wasn't Radio X itself. It was a Barclaycard advert on Radio X just before 8. I think you can rewind on their radio player so I'll see if I can find it again to confirm!

Just now, theesundayroast said:

Looks as if global have taken away the rewind feature, i'm sure they had it before. I guess we'll see at 9!

I'm not doubting what you saw btw, tho did you perhaps misunderstand it? Perhaps it was advertising Latitude, as well as Liam shows (Manc)?

It just seems very unlikely to me that Liam would be headlining both R&L, and Latitude. 

Then again he's got that show in Manc as well as Leeds fest, so perhaps there will be two festie shows in the south too.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not doubting what you saw btw, tho did you perhaps misunderstand it? Perhaps it was advertising Latitude, as well as Liam shows (Manc)?

It just seems very unlikely to me that Liam would be headlining both R&L, and Latitude. 

Then again he's got that show in Manc as well as Leeds fest, so perhaps there will be two festie shows in the south too.

Don't worry! I completely understand it is a very strange one and while driving to work it is entirely possible I misheard. 

After the Liam secret set it did seem to be plausible so my brain could well have heard 3 band names along with latitude and pieced it together as an announcement. At least it's not too long to wait and see if that is the case.