Lineup 2020

randlfan

23 minutes ago, thefestileak said:

Gorillaz. Unexpected, I know. What about the unexpected booking of Fall Out Boy in 2018, no one would've guessed that. Post Malone this year, no one thought he'd come back so soon. Past couple years, R+L have thrown some curveballs. And Gorillaz is this years. Wait until the announcement.

There was meant to be an announcement of all 4 headliners at once in January. With some other names, sort of the same as it was announced for this years event.

This is way more shocking than either of those. FoB was only surprising due to how soon it was after 2016 and Post Malone everyone could tell would be coming back - he was probably signed there and then. Gorillaz are far far far more surprising and I would love to see it personally. Don't think anyone really cares about them that goes to R&L though...

EDIT: and where is this source from - any more details as you literally have 2 posts

Edited by gfa

Gorillaz put on a great show, I would much prefer that to Biffy so soon again (although wouldn't be disappointed with that either) - not sure whether the RnL demographic thinks the same though?

What could a Gorillaz day main stage look like, with the abundance of artists they work with?

Edited by jamieaslee

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

i mean always worth asking for a source right

It’s actually never worth asking for a source. That doesn’t validate what they’re saying because if they are lying then they could be lying again, and we can’t verify anything ourselves either. Plus, anyone with a good source who wants to keep receiving info doesn’t publicly identify their sources.

23 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Where do you reckon The S.L.P. would play? I was thinking 4th down Main or subbing R1. 

I'd have thought that as Kasabian were back on tour that the S.L.P. project would be on hold until the end of their current album cycle.

Though for staging, I reckon headlining one of the smaller stages might be a better fit.

13 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Gorillaz is a strange name to be throwing in there. Feels like it’s very leftfield but I can see it working. I’d rather have Blur though. 

Were there indications of Gorillaz touring next year?

Not that I'd say no - I saw them at Lollapalooza Paris last year and thought they were very good.

1 hour ago, stanh said:

Thoughts?

Also, dua lipa has announced a europe tour for early summer, including 2 nights at the o2 - do we reckon we could see her make a return to R&L?

leeds fakeline up 2020.png

I'd be happy with this but are AM even touring? Cardi B is shite and there is no other option really which is kinda bad. Jake Bugg should be higher definitely. Good runs on Saturday and Sunday for me but the Friday is barren. Think it would sell decently though.

8 minutes ago, gfa said:

I'd be happy with this but are AM even touring? Cardi B is shite and there is no other option really which is kinda bad. Jake Bugg should be higher definitely. Good runs on Saturday and Sunday for me but the Friday is barren. Think it would sell decently though.

There's rumours AM are in the studio for another LP but very little otherwise about when it might appear or any consequent tour dates.

25 minutes ago, stanh said:

i would prefer travis to close personally, just due to his set up. but both acts have insane production - so wouldn’t mind personally; but would rather travis. 

sorry for double post!

BMTH from Yorkshire though so (along with the fact I'm more into them) I'd rather they close out Leeds. But on the flip side, with Reading's legacy maybe they'd rather close out there?

Dunno.

I'd rather BMTH closing Leeds day though.

37 minutes ago, stanh said:

cheers man, i’ll change it around and try and add some more acts too.  in terms of AM they seem to be back in the studio according to a few things on twitter/instagram - may not be 100% legit though. could possibly be an exclusive if they were booked? otherwise cant really think of any indie bands that are likely touring next year (other than the strokes) then foals and catfish which seem to be doing other festivals making r+l unlikely. 

Catfish have nothing for next year. Definitely not ruled out yet and they did mid-summer festivals last year so no real indication of what they will be doing. Hopefully a year off and then come back next year to headline it perhaps?

Where would the Black Keys place? Announced a may US festival so definitely could be around?

Yeah Catfish headlining Neighbourhood definitely rules them out for R&L. Would be very odd to see them share a headliner with Neighbourhood of all festivals and I think it's headline or nothing for Catfish at this point. Then again, I would've said that about Royal Blood before this year.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Catfish have nothing for next year. Definitely not ruled out yet and they did mid-summer festivals last year so no real indication of what they will be doing. Hopefully a year off and then come back next year to headline it perhaps?

Where would the Black Keys place? Announced a may US festival so definitely could be around?

Reckon they'll do APE, just aren't the right fit for Reading crowd imo. Around the size of a sub though I'd say

Just now, R Shah said:

Reckon they'll do APE, just aren't the right fit for Reading crowd imo. Around the size of a sub though I'd say

Meant to comment on this in my last post but yeah, would also say they're sub at most just like last time they played. They've definitely missed the boat for headlining at this point.

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

They're doing Neighbourhood Weekender in May.

Ah yeah I looked at songkick and it wasn't listed yet - forgot about that.

Nobody expected Liam to do Heaton Park, TRNSMT and R&L though so I wouldn't rule it out completely yet? Just NBHD weekender can't rule them out in my opinion.

14 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Bit soon to be back I think. Isle of Wight maybe or something or they could do Community again. Would be their 4th london festival in a row so probably no London show to be honest.

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

Ah yeah I looked at songkick and it wasn't listed yet - forgot about that.

Nobody expected Liam to do Heaton Park, TRNSMT and R&L though so I wouldn't rule it out completely yet? Just NBHD weekender can't rule them out in my opinion.

Neighbourhood Weekender absolutely rules them out of headlining, this year at the very least. It's a capacity of 25000, R&L are at least 4 times that.

Sub, sure. Headline, no chance.

On 11/29/2019 at 9:01 PM, Billjames7 said:

Safe but strong booking in my opinion. LG appeals to a massive range of ages and even when his voice isn’t spot on, his sets are filled with quality and usually end with some big sing alongs. He subbed before having released his first solo album in 2017 so makes sense to me to be headlining 

Agreed. 

3 hours ago, TheWaters said:

I think he's on about The Black Keys.

Nah

3 hours ago, Jericode said:

Neighbourhood Weekender absolutely rules them out of headlining, this year at the very least. It's a capacity of 25000, R&L are at least 4 times that.

Sub, sure. Headline, no chance.

I never said they had to headline also if people are rumouring BMTH to co then so can Catfish - they have sold far more than that in London for example the last 3 years easily whereas BMTH sold about 20k at APE. If BMTH can then Catfish who are more inline with the festival's audience can without a doubt. I don't particularly think either should be really though

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I thought there were suggestions in another thread that The Black Keys weren't touring in Europe in 2020. They did confirm they're doing an NA Tour in 2020 in a Rolling Stone interview but no mention of Europe/UK or even the rest of the world so far.

This is correct. The band themselves indicated that there would be no European tour.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Nah

Re-read the reply. He was definitely suggesting The Black Keys could do APE and aren't the right fit for Reading and are sub sized. I think you misread it as he was talking about Catfish, saying it's too soon for them to be back and they could do Community again.