Lineup 2020

randlfan

Quite an interesting suggestion. For me I think the below doesn't make sense

Idles playing Lockup, At this stage they could probably take a decent slot on NME
Haim into MCR doesn't have a huge crossover (I don't think)
Slowthai on 1xtra, he could fit on main stage
Architects into Lorde
I don't usually pay attention to the dance stage but those headliners all seem a bit big for it (correct me if I'm wrong)
Based on Gerrys current popularity (arena tours) I think he'd be higher up main
Liam G headlining, oh wait that's actually been announced

4 hours ago, Rock_Cycle said:

Do you think we could be seeing something like this, this year?

04184D6E-B9FE-40BC-A09D-54255EF8577D.jpeg

The Main Stage looks generally decent it's just lower down there are some odd placements. 

Deaf Havana, Slowthai and Marshmello should definitely be playing bigger slots. I also think Brockhampton and Architects would headline Radio 1, not sub (especially not Architects into Lorde imagine the scenes ?

Liam Gallagher tends to not do sets longer than 1 hour and 10 minutes so I think he could be co-headlining with another indie band like catfish. I reckon we could be in for another 5 headliner year.

Liam Gallagher / Catfish

Stormzy

Travis Scott / Bring me the horizon 

7 hours ago, Rock_Cycle said:

Do you think we could be seeing something like this, this year?

04184D6E-B9FE-40BC-A09D-54255EF8577D.jpeg

Don Broco aren't play any shows apart from Slam Dunk iirc

Steve Aoki probably too big for the dance stage? Not sure

Kaiser Chiefs would be a weird booking

Although the headliners would probably best case scenario now in terms of booking now theyve got LG, think the rumours are is that MCR arent in EU in August

I reckon Gerry above Wolf Alice - no way is he 4th down. Haim is a bit of a weird booking too don't think they fit the festival that well, now they are too big to be booked really. Can't see Lorde either honestly

6 hours ago, R Shah said:

If they can't get Slipknot/MCR, reckon they'll have booked Biffy.

Agreed and Liam/Travis/Biffy with BMTH subbing would actually be a good set of headliners and it looks/feels very R&L. Slipknot is more of a hopeful booking and I think a lot of people have had info of MCR being in Europe in June/July. 

3 minutes ago, Garlic Dead said:

Could Gorillaz headline? Don't doubt there size but having seen them live they're very much dependent on a lot of guests and animation work that seems a lot of effort to pull off.

They've seem to have made it work at previous festivals they've headlined. Just depends who's available at the time. 

I could see Gorillaz potentially happening. New documentary coming out. They've been active on social media more recently. Damon Albarn supposedly finished up with The Good, The Bad & The Queen, no apparent news on Blur coming back anytime soon. 

33 minutes ago, thefestileak said:

Got an insider source that suggests Travis Scott, Bring Me The Horizon and Gorillaz are to headline R+L alongside Liam Gallagher.

Gorillaz is a strange name to be throwing in there. Feels like it’s very leftfield but I can see it working. I’d rather have Blur though. 

12 hours ago, Sam Y said:

Liam Gallagher tends to not do sets longer than 1 hour and 10 minutes so I think he could be co-headlining with another indie band like catfish. I reckon we could be in for another 5 headliner year.

Liam Gallagher / Catfish

Stormzy

Travis Scott / Bring me the horizon 

Two albums plus Oasis classics, if asked to fill a 90 minute slot he will.

A lot of people seem convinced that Travis and BMTH will co-headline together. I'm a bit out of the loop so is there anything suggestive that this will happen?

33 minutes ago, thefestileak said:

Got an insider source that suggests Travis Scott, Bring Me The Horizon and Gorillaz are to headline R+L alongside Liam Gallagher.

Gorillaz is a strange name to be throwing in there. Feels like it’s very leftfield but I can see it working. I’d rather have Blur though. 

Gorillaz. Unexpected, I know. What about the unexpected booking of Fall Out Boy in 2018, no one would've guessed that. Post Malone this year, no one thought he'd come back so soon. Past couple years, R+L have thrown some curveballs. And Gorillaz is this years. Wait until the announcement.

There was meant to be an announcement of all 4 headliners at once in January. With some other names, sort of the same as it was announced for this years event.

• Downvote 1