Lineup 2020

randlfan

Safe but strong booking in my opinion. LG appeals to a massive range of ages and even when his voice isn’t spot on, his sets are filled with quality and usually end with some big sing alongs. He subbed before having released his first solo album in 2017 so makes sense to me to be headlining 

• Upvote 1

Can someone properly explain why slipknot keeps getting suggested? they played download this year and have a massive history with that festival so I don't understand why they would come and headline r&l the year after. I get their poster was on the main stage a lot this year but that was probably as part of a deal with fr who do r&l and download. Also this year they did a loooooong european festival circuit who are all under a few organisations. The summer Europe dates they have announced are much more independent ventures (a cruise theyre hosting and wacken) which wouldn't have the same links with fr like rock am ring and grasspop which slipknot headlined this year as well

Can someone properly explain why slipknot keeps getting suggested? they played download this year and have a massive history with that festival so I don't understand why they would come and headline r&l the year after. I get their poster was on the main stage a lot this year but that was probably as part of a deal with fr who do r&l and download. Also this year they did a loooooong european festival circuit who are all under a few organisations. The summer Europe dates they have announced are much more independent ventures (a cruise theyre hosting and wacken) which wouldn't have the same links with fr like rock am ring and grasspop which slipknot headlined this year as well

23 minutes ago, bleegghh said:

Because people would like them to headline and the limited headliner options that seem available for next years R&L as most don’t seem big enough or they’ve been ruled out by tours/other dates.

7 hours ago, bleegghh said:

Their album went to Number One in the charts, they sold out a January arena tour near instantly  and it would be a good fresh booking with a new headliner.

It's pretty much identical to The 1975's path of the last year.

Not to mention the album is full of bangers and they've booked fucking Liam Gallagher so we might as well have an exciting left-field headliner.

• Upvote 1

Not an awful headliner imo but definitely not what I was hoping for. I like some old oasis and some of the first LG album is alright, but I’ve seen him twice at festivals now and I have no intentions of seeing him again, however if nothing else was on then I wouldn’t mind standing at the back i probably would enjoy it (as opposed to post malone this year who I’d also seen twice already before the festival, had no intentions of seeing again and did all I could to basically stay away from the main stage). 
It’ll keep some of my mates happy who want to go to the fest for the first time next year but I’ll more than likely be elsewhere.

Give me a Travis Scott and BMTH co-headline and either Slipknot or The Strokes and it’d still be decent for me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I feel like Liam on a Friday could be subbed by CATB or Two Door. and then like Nothing but thieves or someone, make it a proper indie day before a rappy/grime Saturday and a heavy Sunday

Reckon Slowthai will be on Liam's day too probably 4th/5th down main.

Loads predicting RB coheadline for 2018 and 2019, yet when they subbed it felt just right to be honest. Think Catfish would be fine doing the same although they have headlined tons of the smaller festivals.

10 hours ago, TornShaun said:

An early Xmas present they didn't wanna announce this side of Xmas lol

There's no way that was an accident, the end of November is a key time for announcements and it's more like they didn't have a lot to release and needed to get something out, so created this false leak to make it look like a story.  Look how quickly tickets went on sale after the 'leak', you don't organise something like that at the drop of a hat.