Lineup 2020

randlfan

18 minutes ago, gfa said:

I bet TRNSMT aren't too happy, they had him as a festival exclusive on sale for all of 6 hours. They will definitely miss out on a lot of sales because of this lost to Leeds Festival. Oh well ? will probably sell out anyway

He was an exclusive?

Also TRNSMT and R+L are broadly under the same company so won’t be unexpected I’m sure.

12 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Confirmed on the site as "The first Headliner". Can't remember but I assume they referred to coheadliners as headliners in the past? 

I think in these circumstances they’d just call him a headliner even if he was sharing (imo he probably isn’t). They don’t tend to differentiate between the two as much as we do.

34 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Maybe he announced a week early, was meant to be next week

Well it's definite he's headlining but surely they can't just release 1 act for ages? That's stupid if so lol unless the undercard is that bad so they announced LG on his own to try and get some hype going? (Although they've pretty much failed) it could've been worse, but it also could've being so much better.

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He was an exclusive?

Nah but he was just theirs for only 6 hours and now Leeds will take a ton of the potential sales they had is what I meant. Northerners won't drive up to TRNSMT as they don't have to anymore to see him I guess is what I mean.

I’m a fan of Liam and will likely see him at reading but like others have said it’s a really dull booking. The new songs got a mild reception when i went to see him bar the odd one so his set will mainly be the one he played a few years ago.

The way it’s been announced just sums it up really, just a case of ‘oh yeah here’s a headliner for the fest’ although mainly down to Liam.

Oh and was Billie Eilish ruled out of coming back?

Just now, TownNation said:

As discussed before though I canny see this just because Stormzy is touring afterwards and literally has a date in leeds 2 weeks after the fest so that'd make that pointless

Ah yeah you’re right. I think this is a sure sign of the times. I highly doubt the strokes are headlining now.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Dude I surely wouldn’t be hoping for Slipknot if two of the headliners are Liam Gallagher and Travis Scott.

Metallica, Mumford and Libertines was only 4 years ago....

And no matter who the other headliners are, Slipknot would always look out of place. Only predicting them because they're the only major rock band confirmed to be touring Europe in August 2020 and there was a lot on the forum a while back after they got a No.1 album and basically sold out their arena tour instantly.