Lineup 2020

randlfan

7 hours ago, Jackson Maniac said:

I don’t know about Liam G, I think he’s going to try and pull off that Knebworth show instead.

No way can he do Knebworth with that Manchester show as well. Maybe if it was just TRNSMT but I think next summer it is probably.

Having seen Trnsmt this year, does that not make The Strokes a lot more likely or am I missing something? Considering they’re around at the moment and nothing U.K related has been announced. Reading and Trnsmt also seem to go for different headliners to each other or at least they have done so far.

Edited by Doogz
  • Upvote 1

The Weeknd isn't happening he has dropped off completely in relevancy it seems to me? Certainly not a headliner vs say Travis Scott/ Post Malone levels. Not even sure he would co-headline really kinda hard to say.

The Strokes ??

Just now, Jericode said:

Personally don't get the appeal of The Strokes, I wasn't fussed by them in 2011 and they've never been a band I've felt compelled to check out more of.

Their last album seems to have been 6 years ago, is there a new one on the way I can't see any news about? Would make more sense to me then.

There doesn't seem to be a new album on the way, it's more that they are having a "comeback" even tho they didn't split up. I think people are saying they are likely because their day at All Points East was the only one to sell out with the rest of the days needed to have their tickets given away, they have history with R&L so they may have taken notice of it.

6 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

I mean you can cross your fingers all you want but there's no chance they're playing and even if they did it would be headlining. No point even speculating about it. 

You sound like a dad telling his kid he can beg all he wants but he isn't getting a Happy Meal from McDonalds.

• Upvote 2

So, can someone recap the last 116 pages for me as I'm strapped for time.

Maybe I'm being thick but there doesn't appear to be a line up rumours for Reading & Leeds on the main site?

Who's genuinely looking like they are headlining/playing?

I'm liking this talk of Bring Me The Horizon headlining but aren't they finished their Amo run?

2 hours ago, jump said:

There doesn't seem to be a new album on the way, it's more that they are having a "comeback" even tho they didn't split up. I think people are saying they are likely because their day at All Points East was the only one to sell out with the rest of the days needed to have their tickets given away, they have history with R&L so they may have taken notice of it.

@Jericode as well --

They are doing more shows this year and their two shows before APE they played a new song which hasn't been played since. There is an album coming but progress seems to be slow, I think it may be out by Summer but not too sure honestly. I don't know about Reading to be honest, I think they could do with a year off in the UK before returning especially to do something as big as R&L but possibly are in with a shout due to the lack of headliners left which stand a chance in their genre. Also their setlist is currently the most commerical-friendly it has been for years with them just playing the first three albums which is a shame for fans but it means Is This It is played practically in full most nights so would do well for sales.