Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 hours ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Isles won’t headline R1, not big enough

I don't think its this - they have a strong fanbase but they just aren't all that known say vs this years R1 headliners. I think they would smash it but maybe 3rd down would be better for the exposure they'd get

1 hour ago, jj200 said:

Friday: foals

Saturday Travis Scott

Sunday: the strokes

Subs are bring me the horizon, two door cinema club and the courteeners

honestly would be happy with that - 4/6 acts I like and Travis would probably have someone decent against him on the R1 tent. Too indie though to be realistic I reckon

1 hour ago, syc_1818 said:

Arctic Monkeys are around i reckon... They are in the studio 

The most vanilla headliner shout I think there is, really hoping they're not around for the foreseeable future.

1 hour ago, dum surfer said:

I just don’t see foals being able to headline reading outright anymore, as much as i love them, think they’ve lost the momentum they had back when what went down was released 

Sadly very much agree with this. Easily my favourite band both on record and live but I really don't think they have the outreach in terms of popularity to do it on their own despite their heavy back catalogue of bangers :(

Edited by MIchael_scarn
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, Sgby98 said:

If they were going to book a traditional "legacy act" for this year's festival who would you like it to be? 

Well this is Reading and Leeds, so I think Arctic Monkeys probably now count as a legacy act. Basically any act from before 2010.

If I had to pick a non headline act, I’d choose LCD Soundsystem. Headlining the R1 against a rapper. Granted, I’d be literally the only one there, but I’d still have the best time ever. 

Edited by TKOCF
  • Upvote 1