Lineup 2020

randlfan

Haven't been on here in time but looking through the last few pages if i was to give my ideal headliners I'd probably go with something like:

Foals/BMTH - Travis Scott - MCR or The Strokes 

I'm more assed about them getting Idles and Sam Fender/ Bombay Bicycle Club for those 3rd down main stage slots more than anything along with maybe Fontaines 5th. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TornShaun said:

If you could have one band to see that you know would never likely be booked who would it be? Mine, i'd love to see 'Lamb of God' on the main stage mid afternoon!

Behemoth mid afternoon on the main stage, preferably sandwiched between some dark fruits indie bands or some pop artists. The mass exodus when Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel begins would be phenomenal. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 11/21/2019 at 9:55 AM, gfa said:

image.png.054d6fb1cbffc11f6bc6afa18789ea16.png

image.thumb.png.f996bc0dbe47c73ed7a47040fa62e7e4.png

I meant headlining obv. Loads come back to headline after even a single year. I don’t think there’s been a case where a headliner has been back in under 3 years ever that I can remember

10 minutes ago, Benj said:

I meant headlining obv. Loads come back to headline after even a single year. I don’t think there’s been a case where a headliner has been back in under 3 years ever that I can remember

They headlined in 2016 and 2018.

16 hours ago, Quorn said:

Plenty of talk about headliners, is there anyone people would like to see lower down the lineup? I’m hoping COIN make a return higher on the Festival Republic or low R1, EDEN would be nice too.

IDLES, Fontaines, Denzel Curry, Slowthai, Loyle Carner, Turnover, clipping., Joey Bada$$, black midi, J.I.D, Jpegmafia, Death Grips, Neck Deep, Jaws, The Streets, Freddie Gibbs, Bicep (live), Tyler, The Creator, Architects, Don Broco, Sum 41

How likely are any of these?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

IDLES, Fontaines, Denzel Curry, Slowthai, Loyle Carner, Turnover, clipping., Joey Bada$$, black midi, J.I.D, Jpegmafia, Death Grips, Neck Deep, Jaws, The Streets, Freddie Gibbs, Bicep (live), Tyler, The Creator, Architects, Don Broco, Sum 41

Black Midi, Death Grips, Neck Deep would make an excellent trio of Pit Headliners.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

Sum 41 are supposedly Slam Dunk exclusive.

Would love Idles, Neck Deep and Don Broco.

3 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

Slowthai probably gonna be back in a bigger spot as he killed it last year, think Neck Deep too as they've definitely grown since the last time they played, don broco will be back too I think, would love to see Freddie Gibbs play too but not sure how likely he is, don't pretend to know much about the patterns of anyone else on your list but that's just my take on it 

• Like 1

Just now, Benj said:

They played second in 2016 like Panic at the disco in 2018. 

neither was a real headliner

But they were billed and sold as headliners, had headliner length sets and production.

1 minute ago, Metalupyourass97 said:

Size of the crowd and reception he got this year, the amount of publicity he's getting and the fact all of his songs are bangers? 

Agree with this. He's grown a lot since the summer, is known for playing great sets and would definitely pull a decent crowd. I'd put him around 4pm

Friday

Main: The Strokes, Tyler The Creator, Nothing But Thieves, Slowthai, Yonaka, 

R1: Metronomy, J Hus, The Sherlocks, Not3s, VANT

Saturday: 

Main: Foals  Bring Me The Horizon, AJ Tracey, You Me At Six, Sam Fender, PUP

R1: Brockhampton, Pale Waves, Sea Girls, Octavian, No Rome

Sunday: 

Main: Travis Scott, Wolf Alice, Idles, Run The Jewels, Sundara Karma

R1: Vampire Weekend, The Vaccines, Sigrid, Bugzy Malone, Vistas

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, ob123 said:

Friday

Main: The Strokes, Tyler The Creator, Nothing But Thieves, Slowthai, Yonaka, 

R1: Metronomy, J Hus, The Sherlocks, Not3s, VANT

Saturday: 

Main: Foals  Bring Me The Horizon, AJ Tracey, You Me At Six, Sam Fender, PUP

R1: Brockhampton, Pale Waves, Sea Girls, Octavian, No Rome

Sunday: 

Main: Travis Scott, Wolf Alice, Idles, Run The Jewels, Sundara Karma

R1: Vampire Weekend, The Vaccines, Sigrid, Bugzy Malone, Vistas

I don't think that Brockhampton can play not main stage again - it was borderline dangerous last time. Don't think Vampire Weekend would take that slot either and not sure why vaccines are in that one there either. Even if J Hus was shite last time he played not sure the tent would work for him either seemed to be fairly busy?

edit: the actual acts are really good they just need reconfiguring

Edited by gfa
  • Upvote 1

I used to be on this thread ages ago, but i had to make a new account.

imo, Arctic Monkeys, Stormzy(headline) or Travis Scott(co-headline with someone) and MCR are what I'm thinking. i also think someone like the Kaizer Chiefs will headline festival republic and the Vaccines will be back third on Sunday for their sing a long hour.