Lineup 2020

randlfan

I know I’m posting a lot of stuff but I’ve recently gained a contact who is in a position to hear this sort of stuff. Sounds to me like there are no co headliners and three outright headliners as the guy said to me that stormy was “one of the three headliners”. Their words.

I have a slight suspicion they might have got this information from here though.

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

Think Catfish are out, unless they sub. There's no way a band would headline NBHD weekender and reading in the same year.

As long as BMTH and Slipknot are two of the headliners I will be so happy !

any money they sell more tickets for nbhd weekender than bmth did at all points east though 

23 hours ago, R Shah said:

Have a feeling RHCP will be at Glasto given they're touring in June.

However, if they weren't, do we think they could play R+L? Since Getaway tour wrapped up they've seemed pretty happy to play scattered live dates across 2018 and 2019 so perhaps a second trip to Europe could happen.

Well, it isn't necessarily out of the question. My instinct was that if RHCP weren't at Glasto that they could be a shout for BST Hyde Park or maybe their own London outdoor concert. But even their conventional tours for the last few years have always had an element of splitting tour legs, as is the case now with a lot of big bands, which means Reading & Leeds can't be ruled out.

11 hours ago, TKOCF said:

To paraphrase an earlier post, there are only three certainties in life: 

Death, taxes, and Jimmy Eat World playing an afternoon slot on the main stage at R&L.

Made visits in 2011 and 2017, and Jimmy Eat World has sets on both days, with a visit in 2014 in-between.

So 2020 would continue such a pattern.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:50 PM, R Shah said:

Have a feeling RHCP will be at Glasto given they're touring in June.

However, if they weren't, do we think they could play R+L? Since Getaway tour wrapped up they've seemed pretty happy to play scattered live dates across 2018 and 2019 so perhaps a second trip to Europe could happen.

If Chili Peppers are playing Glasto they aren't headlining it, Emily said they have two headliners booked who have never headlined before and then Paul was announced as the 3rd who has previously headlined.

I hope they stick to their own dates, I'd don't want them popping up at any fests I'm going to.

Edited by jump

Reading just put a talent survey on their instagram story. Leaving a bit late although I think we had one before?

EDIT: there was also a fairly short headliners list which is interesting: biffy, strokes, AM, foals, kanye, blink, slipknot, travis scott, muse, asap rocky, dua lipa, mcr, billie, lg, gambino, frank ocean, stormzy, kendrick, tyler, ratm, tame (which can't happen), bmth, killers, catfish and cardi b

Seems interesting to me as its not just a default list like many surveys?

Edited by gfa

15 minutes ago, gfa said:

Reading just put a talent survey on their instagram story. Leaving a bit late although I think we had one before?

EDIT: there was also a fairly short headliners list which is interesting: biffy, strokes, AM, foals, kanye, blink, slipknot, travis scott, muse, asap rocky, dua lipa, mcr, billie, lg, gambino, frank ocean, stormzy, kendrick, tyler, ratm, tame (which can't happen), bmth, killers, catfish and cardi b

Seems interesting to me as its not just a default list like many surveys?

My memory is terrible but in previous R&L Surveys that they do every year, I cant remember them ever mentioning Slipknot? I may be wrong but if not, do you think they are mentioned in this list because they are potential headliner or even a booked headliner. Would honestly be class to have Slipknot!! 

Again, I can be very wrong just cant remember previous surveys.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is everyone ignoring the fact I’ve heard something that suggests there are three headliners and not four?

If we are presuming it’s three, I’ve got a gut feeling now that it’s Stormzy, Foals, Slipknot.

Unless they pull something out of the bag and have managed to get Rage or MCR. 

1 hour ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

My memory is terrible but in previous R&L Surveys that they do every year, I cant remember them ever mentioning Slipknot? I may be wrong but if not, do you think they are mentioned in this list because they are potential headliner or even a booked headliner. Would honestly be class to have Slipknot!! 

Again, I can be very wrong just cant remember previous surveys.

The previous lists definitely have had far more names, at least double. This is definitely more refined

• Upvote 1