Lineup 2020

randlfan

To reignite the Travis Scoot Vs. The Prodigy thing, I've seen The Prodigy once at their own gig and seen Travis Scott at two different festivals (headlining one of them) and personally, The Prodigy's stage show was that tiny bit better but Travis Scott's is easily up there with the best I've ever seen too.

He'd be a great headliner next year. Not sure if I'd see him again because as much as I love him, it frees me up to see another headliner if I so chose having already seen him. It's a nice option to have though, an actual good headliner to watch if nothing else is on!

I think Travis could get the bump up to headline on his own. Agreed with the comments that he’d smash it, he completely upstaged FOB in 2017.

I can see this as being the year that they’d have two main stage rap headliners (Much to the dismay of Dark Fruits twitter)

Stormzy/Travis/Foals

59 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

I think Travis could get the bump up to headline on his own.

I think people are suggesting Travis Scott and Bring Me the Horizon as a thing where Travis closes each site. It's more of a token gesture to all the "what happened to it being Reading Rock Festival?" clan than not being big enough to do it on his own.

I would be surprised if he wasn't the biggest headliner next year but it seems these rappers aren't bothered about a headliner going before them so why not?

6 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Well aye, considering BMTH aren't big enough to headline a major. Having Travis Scott on the same page as them would be fucking dreadful.

I'm still at a loss as to how the billing of the act before affects the experience of Travis Scott's set here.

Seems like kind of a necessity when the rap headliners are barely making it past the hour mark. Slip someone else a headline slot directly before and everyone wins imo.

The potential problem with Travis Scott last time was that he pulled a smallish crowd. I think the weather may not have been the best but while it was busy up front, the crowd as a whole was tiny compared to the likes of Kings of Leon. 

Has he got that much bigger since?

Edited by Benj

I didn't see Travis Scott at Lollapalooza Paris but I'm pretty sure he finished there early, given that I spent part of when he would've been on stage getting some food and drink, and when I got back to take a spot for Depeche Mode a fair wedge of time before DM started, they were clearing his set - different given for most of the weekend, the sets were effectively running back-to-back.

But then if people think he's big enough, he's big enough. I'm still puzzled why R&L really insist on these co-headliner deals.

42 minutes ago, Benj said:

The potential problem with Travis Scott last time was that he pulled a smallish crowd. I think the weather may not have been the best but while it was busy up front, the crowd as a whole was tiny compared to the likes of Kings of Leon. 

Since then, Astroworld has exploded in popularity, particularly Stargazing and Sicko Mode. 

If you watch the interview that Melvin Benn did with TPD TV, he was really bigging up Travis, saying it was one of his favourite bookings of that year. I can absolutely see MB calling him up to headline.

2 hours ago, Benj said:

Tbf it was absolutely hammering it down at the time, decided to wait til Nothing but Thieves in the tent. Would probably have seen him otherwise and would definitely this time out.

3 hours ago, Benj said:

Are you joking? They literally put messages on the screens before the set began that both sides were full. It was rammed 

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Travis Scott was rammed last year. I was down the front but left a bit early to catch a bit of NBT and it seemed to me that he equaled Fall Out Boy’s crowd atleast and they were obviously the headliners.

A lot of people actually left straight after Travis Scott, Fall out boy had a far smaller crowd. 

1 minute ago, Dim Sum said:

A lot of people actually left straight after Travis Scott, Fall out boy had a far smaller crowd. 

I’d thought so but wasn’t totally sure. I remember seeing the end of FOB and thinking how much of a anticlimax it must’ve been after Travis Scott’s set haha he was one of the best sets of the weekend by far.

1 hour ago, sebastian pacheco said:

Is funny because people say that BMTH aren't big enough to headline a major, but they also say that Foals is a headliner of major festivals like Glasto or even Reading. Looool, BMTH has a much bigger fanbase than Foals and obviously they´re bigger. 

Ludens and their new stuff will once again give them the massive recognition that they won in 2016 with TTS

Foals come under the genre of the festival more though is probably a key reason.

Saw Vampire Weekend this week and reckon they will be doing like victorious/latitude or something if they do festivals. The crowd was so old I think they are past their prime for Reading really.

There's the thing. Vampire Weekend are probably bigger than BMTH. But wouldn't headline this on a month of Sundays.

If Travis Scott co-headlined with a proper headliner, I'd be 100% on board. Panic at the Disco should have co headlined last year for example. Someone like that. I don't want him dragged down to the same status as a band that are basically not headliners. I can see BMTH being subs next year. Reading and Leeds have picked their headliners well in recent years.

6 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

There's the thing. Vampire Weekend are probably bigger than BMTH. But wouldn't headline this on a month of Sundays.

If Travis Scott co-headlined with a proper headliner, I'd be 100% on board. Panic at the Disco should have co headlined last year for example. Someone like that. I don't want him dragged down to the same status as a band that are basically not headliners. I can see BMTH being subs next year. Reading and Leeds have picked their headliners well in recent years.

BMTH are one of those bands reading has just built up over the years, feels like they just have to headline and ngl their production is phenomenal, they will put on a show. 

Yes their crowd may be smaller, but the festival will sell out regardless with 2-3 other stronger headliners.

BMTH as a co-headliner will please a lot of people, I'm absolutely certain of it.

BMTH+Catfish/Stormzy/Slipknot

2 minutes ago, R Shah said:

BMTH are one of those bands reading has just built up over the years, feels like they just have to headline and ngl their production is phenomenal, they will put on a show. 

Yes their crowd may be smaller, but the festival will sell out regardless with 2-3 other stronger headliners.

BMTH as a co-headliner will please a lot of people, I'm absolutely certain of it.

BMTH+Catfish/Stormzy/Slipknot

I'd take that! BMTH-Catfisy/Stormzy/Slipknot