Lineup 2020

randlfan

I saw Vampire Weekend last night - can't lie I don't see them getting booked for Reading. Just not their crowd anymore I think people would enjoy them but over acts like two door for a sub slot they don't make sense. Barely anyone under 25 at the show at Alexandra Palace but they killed it so would love to see them again anyway.

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

I saw Vampire Weekend last night - can't lie I don't see them getting booked for Reading. Just not their crowd anymore I think people would enjoy them but over acts like two door for a sub slot they don't make sense. Barely anyone under 25 at the show at Alexandra Palace but they killed it so would love to see them again anyway.

maybe an R1 headliner opposite Travis, younger ones at Travis, older ones at VW

Who are we thinking that is in the running to be headliners next year as I can't think of too many.

The Strokes, Liam Gallagher, BMTH, Blink-182, Travis Scott, Stormzy, Slipknot (Massive curveball and I can't see it but running out of options). I also think it could be pushing it with saying LG, Blink, BMTH & Travis are headliners. 

Edited by foolee

4 minutes ago, foolee said:

Who are we thinking that is in the running to be headliners next year as I can't think of too many.

The Strokes, Liam Gallagher, BMTH, Blink-182, Travis Scott, Stormzy, Slipknot (Massive curveball and I can't see it but running out of options). I also think it could be pushing it with saying LG, Blink, BMTH & Travis are headliners. 

I would so take.........

Blink-182, Travis Scott/BMTH, Slipknot

If only!

10 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Depends if they sell it out quickly (they probably will)

I imagine some will sell quicker than others. Though there is certainly the gap for a second gig at the Emirates. Incidentally, when looking at the ticket price, I'm honestly puzzled as to how its £10 more expensive than the rest of the entire tour... I figured when that happened with Muse it was just because the London Stadium is still being paid off but it seems a little odd.

But I would be very surprised if they do a full 9 date UK stadium tour in all corners and still have people wanting to do a festival run. Maybe they'll do a one-off arena gig as part of a European tour.

4 hours ago, robmongascy said:

Slipknot announced Spanish dates in August. Imagine 

Have they played R&L since having to pull out of the 2008 edition at the last minute?

4 hours ago, robmongascy said:

Slipknot announced Spanish dates in August. Imagine 

Hoping it happens purely because that would be an absolute balls to the wall booking that reminds everyone that Reading is the festival that anyone can play at!

Plenty safer options though so leaning towards unlikely.

18 hours ago, Jackson Maniac said:

Swap The Strokes with Stormzy and I think that might be it.

Surely Travis Scott/BMTH - Strokes - Stormzy would be more like for it than getting rid of strokes for stormzy. Can't see there being zero indie at all.