Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

MCR subreddit is not a reliable source. Most of the insiders claiming stuff have been very wrong.

The info about the London date has deffo come from various sources but no one can seem to say with certainty what it is. Do you reckon it’s not fully booked yet or decided? I’ve asked my source if they are playing here and they’ve said yes - but when I push for a venue they say they don’t know.

They are in Europe June - July so it should narrow down what is available.

Take this for what it is as I don't even live in the UK but I have some people I know in the UK that book shows. I've heard from them that they were involved in booking the MCR date (they only mentioned a single show) in the UK.  Word at the time last I asked was that the venue was up in the air they mentioned both MK and Wembley. Seemed odd considering the difference in capacity, I do believe the person however I am not saying any of this is set in stone obviously.

14 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

THE STROKES, Tame Impala, Gerry Cinnamon, Run The Jewels, DMA'S, Pale Waves, fidlar, Vistats, Inhaler. R1: Mabel DS: Sub Focus LU: Refused, Turnstile FR: Feeder R1X: Lil Gnar

TRAVIS SCOTT/BMTH Enter Shikari, Slaves, Neck Deep, Denzel Curry, Ho9909, Employed To Serve, Black Futures R1: Sam Fender DS: Shy FX Pit: Jimmy Eat World, Carpenter Brut FR: TY Segall R1X: Death Grips 

STORMZY, Chase & Status, Lewis Capaldi, Aitch, Deaf Havana, Black Honey, Yonaka R1: Jamie T DS: My Nu Leng Pit: Killswitch Engage, Venkm Prison FR: Barns Courtney 

Reckon i'd only go to the Friday for this. Can't wait to end my weekend at Reading with Jamie T... 

9 hours ago, tbrock said:

Take this for what it is as I don't even live in the UK but I have some people I know in the UK that book shows. I've heard from them that they were involved in booking the MCR date (they only mentioned a single show) in the UK.  Word at the time last I asked was that the venue was up in the air they mentioned both MK and Wembley. Seemed odd considering the difference in capacity, I do believe the person however I am not saying any of this is set in stone obviously.

Maybe they meant wembley arena? Wembley stadium isn’t doing gigs next year.

Perhaps it’s a tossup between an own gig and APE? 

edit: thought of some more. It makes sense to be honest. What I’m reading is that they are playing it safe in 2020 and going for shows for exposure. I reckon in 2021 then it will be a bidding war between R&L and Download.

edit 2: (lol) if that’s true then there’s probably an album in the pipeline and they don’t want to do a proper tour until it’s out. 

Edited by Matt42

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

edit: thought of some more. It makes sense to be honest. What I’m reading is that they are playing it safe in 2020 and going for shows for exposure. I reckon in 2021 then it will be a bidding war between R&L and Download.

edit 2: (lol) if that’s true then there’s probably an album in the pipeline and they don’t want to do a proper tour until it’s out. 

Yeah I assumed they meant the arena but even then that is still a fairly large difference. But it seems in there are several options in terms of playing it safe  for them this year. If there is an album on the way (probably a fall 2020 release) I bet there is a full scale tour early 2021. And then I imagine based on the Aus/Japan headline slots they will be nailed on for Download in 2021, possibly already booked. 

19 hours ago, Matt42 said:

MCR subreddit is not a reliable source. Most of the insiders claiming stuff have been very wrong.

The info about the London date has deffo come from various sources but no one can seem to say with certainty what it is. Do you reckon it’s not fully booked yet or decided? I’ve asked my source if they are playing here and they’ve said yes - but when I push for a venue they say they don’t know.

They are in Europe June - July so it should narrow down what is available.

I did have a view that subreddits were probably not the most reliable information providers unless it was coming direct from an event booker or even the guys themselves. But again, I'm prepared to wait until something is confirmed.

18 hours ago, tbrock said:

As said above, Wembley Arena seems likelier as Wembley Stadium is out of action for Euro 2020. Though I'd have thought if you're going indoors, the O2 might make more sense as bigger room and it seems to host a lot of these reunion gig type shows.

Edited by charlierc

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Any idea(even roughly of when we will get the MCR UK announcement? Surely it has to be very soon with several eu festivals all announcing acts now and coming up to December?

44 minutes ago, Rhcp1 said:

Any idea(even roughly of when we will get the MCR UK announcement? Surely it has to be very soon with several eu festivals all announcing acts now and coming up to December?

AM did their big comeback EU festival announcements all late January so could be around then.

Travis Scott potentially the worst act to ever headline R&L, up there with post Malone and fall out boy. Absolute shite, not made much better by a co with BMTH and their shite last record. Also don't see how Travis would headline over Tame?

Looking forward to seeing the lathums get a decent slot hopefully, they're really taking off

Edited by thelemon
  • Downvote 13

21 minutes ago, thelemon said:

Travis Scott potentially the worst act to ever headline R&L, up there with post Malone and fall out boy. Absolute shite, not made much better by a co with BMTH and their shite last record. Also don't see how Travis would headline over Tame?

Looking forward to seeing the lathums get a decent slot hopefully, they're really taking off

Razorlight 07

Arctic Monkeys 09

Guns N Roses 10

Libertines 15

RHCP 16

Eminem 17

Kings of Leon 18

(If I’m missing any please reply but I think these are referred to as the worst sets usually) 

Travis would get the crowd going, and is more popular with the youth than Tame are. 

7 hours ago, thelemon said:

Somebody doesn’t like fun. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Razorlight 07

Arctic Monkeys 09

Guns N Roses 10

Libertines 15

RHCP 16

Eminem 17

Kings of Leon 18

(If I’m missing any please reply but I think these are referred to as the worst sets usually) 

Travis would get the crowd going, and is more popular with the youth than Tame are. 

wow i’ll never forget how bad KoL were in 2018, first ever leeds fest headliner i saw and wow they were appalling

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

wow i’ll never forget how bad KoL were in 2018, first ever leeds fest headliner i saw and wow they were appalling

Sunday at Reading they were actually pretty good, its the 2009 Slot that usually gets remembered as the shite one

10 hours ago, thelemon said:

Take yer bucket hat off lad. 

also The Lathums are shite

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

What do people think of the new Glass Animals tune? I think it absolutely slaps. I love it. Really wanna see them back at Reading

They were great when I saw them in Oxford a week or so back. Dave made it pretty clear they were doing festivals but they couldn't say anything yet - I asked glasto or reading and he said nothing but I think it will probably be Reading as they last did it in 2017. Not sure where they would slot in though? Probably the same slot as before I would think subbing R1 or maybe headline the dance tent perhaps? I can't see them on the main stage really and they are probably a bit too small for R1 headline without an album coming out

On 11/12/2019 at 7:42 PM, CharlieDaRapper said:

Back to the acts we would like to see higher up on the lineup.

Anderson Paak is a perfect Radio 1 Headliner.

Loved to see Fidlar on the main stage.

Also Kim Petras decent slot on the Radio 1 stage 

As much as Anderson Paak was one of the best sets this year, I can’t see him headlining R1 as he drew such a small crowd 

32 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

As much as Anderson Paak was one of the best sets this year, I can’t see him headlining R1 as he drew such a small crowd 

Agreed with this. Went to watch him on my own as none of my mates from any of the groups I knew there wanted to see him. Similar size crowd to what N.E.R.D. had last year sadly don’t see either being booked again. Andy was by far one of my favourite sets of the weekend too tbh it’s a real shame.

18 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Razorlight 07

Arctic Monkeys 09

Guns N Roses 10

Libertines 15

RHCP 16

Eminem 17

Kings of Leon 18

RHCP were good in 16 from what I remember, didn't go to the others but Libs are always a divisive one live, they've always been sloppy live it's sort of the appeal, and AM in 2009 biggest band in the country so can't really say owt about the booking, same with GNR and RHCP actually, huge bands I'm talking about the booking not the performance, Travis Scott is shit so whether or not he does a good show is irrelevant.

8 hours ago, ob123 said:

Take yer bucket hat off lad. 

also The Lathums are shite

Just cos I don't like generic trap shite? If they're gonna go hip-hop get someone good like Kendrick again. Or Stormzy, it's not hip hop but it is rap and looked pretty good at Glastonbury even tho I don't like his music really. Although looks like he could be booked anyway, think it should be one or the other. One rap act is enough, along with one heavy or legacy act and one modern indie act. That's the best combination to keep the most people happy.

Also saw a bit of Travis Scott from afar at Benicassim in 2018 and he sounded god awful, met a few who were closer and they said they never rated it

Edited by thelemon
  • Downvote 3

19 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Razorlight 07

Arctic Monkeys 09

Guns N Roses 10

Libertines 15

RHCP 16

Eminem 17

Kings of Leon 18

I watched Arctic Monkeys' 2009 performance at Reading on TV and thought it was rather good, and I stand by that from watching them on YouTube more recently. But then Humbug is one of my favourite AM albums, and it may equally have been the wrong place to play a set leaning heavily on a brand new album that is a total style change and only out for less than a week at that point.

Oddly, King of Leon's 2009 performance was looking like it was going pretty well until Caleb spat his dummy out. Their 2018 one did look a bit half-arsed, but then I've not seen much beyond a few odd songs.

I did actually want to go for a day trip to the RHCP in 2016 but it clashed with other things so I didn't attend. They do strike me as a band that can do better live than they ever seem to do, especially for the price they charge and for putting together big budget productions.

59 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I watched Arctic Monkeys' 2009 performance at Reading on TV and thought it was rather good, and I stand by that from watching them on YouTube more recently. But then Humbug is one of my favourite AM albums, and it may equally have been the wrong place to play a set leaning heavily on a brand new album that is a total style change and only out for less than a week at that point.

Oddly, King of Leon's 2009 performance was looking like it was going pretty well until Caleb spat his dummy out. Their 2018 one did look a bit half-arsed, but then I've not seen much beyond a few odd songs.

I did actually want to go for a day trip to the RHCP in 2016 but it clashed with other things so I didn't attend. They do strike me as a band that can do better live than they ever seem to do, especially for the price they charge and for putting together big budget productions.

I think everyone hates that AM set because it was just after The Prodigy, who, you know, are The Prodigy. And no ones going to top them, ever.

• Downvote 1