Lineup 2020

randlfan

There are UK dates and they are coming. Hang tight. Today, in a month, whatever - there are UK dates.

Coachella are gatekeeping what they can announce so it’s hard to predict what’s coming first.

I’m being cautious because I don’t want to upset anyone if it’s bullshit but you will be fed soon.

35 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Is it worth hanging around today for us UK folk?

I’m not sure. I asked if there was something coming and they said yes. They aren’t 100% sure what it is. But UK dates will be announced at some point because they are coming here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m not sure. I asked if there was something coming and they said yes. They aren’t 100% sure what it is. But UK dates will be announced at some point because they are coming here.

Nothing announced at 6 is a let down. Now we play the waiting game (hate the waiting game)

5 minutes ago, Dim Sum said:

What about Frank Ocean where would he slot if he was going to Reading after all the hype at Camp Gnaw do we think he'll release an album next year with a tour? 

Frank is probably the most unreliable booking in today’s modern market. His cancellation record is crazy.

He’s rumoured to be headlining Coachella this year so I highly doubt he will be accepting anything lower than headline at anything he does. He will probably cancel as well.

19 minutes ago, R Shah said:

I reckon MCR to play Bellahouston, Etihad and London Stadium. Same size as the Green Day tour but I reckon they can do it. Don't think any festivals personally.

I'm currently thinking: 

BMTH / Drake / The Killers 

Oh god there is no chance MCR are playing stadiums.

They were never a stadium seller in their prime. Why do people think they are one now?

THE STROKES, Tame Impala, Gerry Cinnamon, Run The Jewels, DMA'S, Pale Waves, fidlar, Vistats, Inhaler. R1: Mabel DS: Sub Focus LU: Refused, Turnstile FR: Feeder R1X: Lil Gnar

TRAVIS SCOTT/BMTH Enter Shikari, Slaves, Neck Deep, Denzel Curry, Ho9909, Employed To Serve, Black Futures R1: Sam Fender DS: Shy FX Pit: Jimmy Eat World, Carpenter Brut FR: TY Segall R1X: Death Grips 

STORMZY, Chase & Status, Lewis Capaldi, Aitch, Deaf Havana, Black Honey, Yonaka R1: Jamie T DS: My Nu Leng Pit: Killswitch Engage, Venkm Prison FR: Barns Courtney 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

THE STROKES, Tame Impala, Gerry Cinnamon, Run The Jewels, DMA'S, Pale Waves, fidlar, Vistats, Inhaler. R1: Mabel DS: Sub Focus LU: Refused, Turnstile FR: Feeder R1X: Lil Gnar

TRAVIS SCOTT/BMTH Enter Shikari, Slaves, Neck Deep, Denzel Curry, Ho9909, Employed To Serve, Black Futures R1: Sam Fender DS: Shy FX Pit: Jimmy Eat World, Carpenter Brut FR: TY Segall R1X: Death Grips 

STORMZY, Chase & Status, Lewis Capaldi, Aitch, Deaf Havana, Black Honey, Yonaka R1: Jamie T DS: My Nu Leng Pit: Killswitch Engage, Venkm Prison FR: Barns Courtney 

Shikari wont be back so soon after their 5 sets this year

4 hours ago, R Shah said:

I reckon MCR to play Bellahouston, Etihad and London Stadium. Same size as the Green Day tour but I reckon they can do it. Don't think any festivals personally.

I'm currently thinking: 

BMTH / Drake / The Killers 

I'm expecting MCR to be a big ticket seller given that they're reforming, but I'm not convinced they're London Stadium big. Or Etihad big - that tour would actually bigger scale than the Hella Mega shows as that's calling at the much smaller Huddersfield Town FC stadium than a Manchester (or Leeds or Liverpool) venue.

I'm not sure what The Killers are doing. I thought BST Hyde Park given they seem to like playing there, but given they gave Glastonbury a second crack 10+ years on from being let down by the sound, surely R&L is worth a go after shit sound hurt their 2008 set, according to those who went.

Drake is an intriguing shout for R&L. I'm aware he got a great reception when he played with Giggs a few years back.

4 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Isn't the rumour that they're gonna play Stadium MK? :D. I know what you mean tho, not the big ones.

Well that's the suggestion on the MCR Reddit and one I've seen on here a few times. Think I've talked about it a few times and said that until its confirmed, I'm convinced they'd play elsewhere. Which is a shame because I live near Milton Keynes so I'd be more interested in that than the Take That/Rod Stewart/Rammstein trio that played S:MK last summer.

… I mean, given its been so long since MCR played, I doubt I'd get tickets, but it would be very interesting to me.

MCR subreddit is not a reliable source. Most of the insiders claiming stuff have been very wrong.

The info about the London date has deffo come from various sources but no one can seem to say with certainty what it is. Do you reckon it’s not fully booked yet or decided? I’ve asked my source if they are playing here and they’ve said yes - but when I push for a venue they say they don’t know.

They are in Europe June - July so it should narrow down what is available.