Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 hours ago, TornShaun said:

What's the chances of YM@6 being there again? They've a new album coming out in 2020!

You Me At Six are definitely one of the bands that are always thrown somewhere in the lineup whenever they have new music (playing 3 out of the last 4 fests) so I could see it. Think they'd have to headline the pit though as they've done 3rd main, 4th main and R1 headliner in recent years.

4 hours ago, TheWaters said:

You Me At Six are definitely one of the bands that are always thrown somewhere in the lineup whenever they have new music (playing 3 out of the last 4 fests) so I could see it. Think they'd have to headline the pit though as they've done 3rd main, 4th main and R1 headliner in recent years.

They’d be waaay to big for that. They’ll probably just play 4th down again 

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

YMAS played this year. I doubt they’ll return next. 

True, but they played 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019, so ok not every year, but do play consecutive years sometimes, and just thought maybe as they had a new album coming 2020 it was a maybe?

45 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

True, but they played 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019, so ok not every year, but do play consecutive years sometimes, and just thought maybe as they had a new album coming 2020 it was a maybe?

I would strike 2016 off that, as it was a secret set so a follow-up set would be anticipated. So the only ones they've done consecutively were 2008-2010 as a new band. Happens more for new bands, wouldn't expect it to happen so much when they're seven albums deep.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I would strike 2016 off that, as it was a secret set so a follow-up set would be anticipated. So the only ones they've done consecutively were 2008-2010 as a new band. Happens more for new bands, wouldn't expect it to happen so much when they're seven albums deep.

Good point, i guess it was wishful thinking from me lol

1 hour ago, Jakeylaw said:

Really hoping for Travis Scott/Arctic Monkeys/Rage Against the Machine, perfect mix of headliners for me, also would live to finally see Tame Impala live which is likely with their next album coming out 2020 and they already did glastonbury this year

I think this would be a really good mix for fans of every genre thats fairly affordable

12 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Based on what? I'd imagine the opposite

Obviously Arctics would be pretty expensive - but Travis could be fairly cheap as he has a good history with the festival and FR. Not sure about RATM they aren't like giant in the UK really but I don't know what kind of price they command as I wouldn't think of it to be that much at least not compared to AM.

I reckon it would be a pretty similar cost to this year - Foos/AM, Post/Travis Scott and then RATM making up the price of 21p and 1975 combined?

Edited by gfa

So do we see MCR as the Sunday legendary act?

I personally think the line up is going to come out earliest by Friday.

This is what I think it's going to look like 

Friday: Foals (Headliner) , Tame Impala, Brockhampton

Saturday: Travis Scott, Bring Me (co headline) Rex Orange County

Sunday: MCR (headliner), Tyler, The Creator, Sam Fender

Mikey Way uploaded a picture of Gandalf to his Instagram story the day before their New Zealand show was announced. I Am The Resurrection by The Stone Roses was posted last night. Earlier this week it was Oasis and The Verve. Something tells me they might be playing Manchester.

23 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Something about a potential support band saying big announcement tomorrow I think . I find it tough to follow threads on reddit

The dude who set up the Reddit Megathread about the comeback, and clearly has reliable sources, says an announcement is coming Tuesday. National holiday in the US/Canada today isn't it? Feel like we might get hit with a world tour tomorrow.

I don’t think MCR are at Reading and Leeds this year but I could be proven wrong. 

The Download shows has kinda thrown me off a bit. Do you reckon they’ll do a few gigs here this year and headline Download in 2021? Considering how early Download sign up bands it’s foreseeable that they might already be booked for 2021.