Lineup 2020

randlfan

26 minutes ago, Dukey said:

BmTH surely a shoe in now for next year, new track is part of a bigger thing for them. They're going on about a 'new era' with multiple records released next year rather than full albums. Co-head with somebody would seem about right. 

I also second the fact that the new track absolutely slaps! 

Isn't the new song just part of that Death Stranding album though?
Wouldn't be surprised for them to quickly start churning out music though aha.

They're supposedly releasing 3 EPs in a year rather than an album which I think is cool. I can see them experimenting with different sounds on each. This new song is definitely a step up in quality from 'amo' and it seems like they're getting far better at the experiments they were trying out on that record. There's some serious NIN vibes on the new track. 

• Like 1

Gerry just announced a 50k stadium show in Glasgow the week after TRSNMT. Obviously ruled out up there but if he was to play Reading+Leeds surely he is a sub if it sells out? Unlike Courteeners for example he seems to have more balanced popularity across the country and it won’t look (too) off at Reading come August I reckon. Wonder if he plays at all maybe they missed the boat with him - could choose to do like y not and truck instead or Boardmasters maybe? 

36 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Hope Slowthai gets booked on the main this year, new tune with Mura Masa is huge. Proper The Streets vibes. Think I prefer it to Doorman and I love Doorman.

Mura Masa had a tiny crowd though apparently (obviously because he had to clash with Post Malone due to his booking rules) so i can't see him back at least till 2021?

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Mura Masa had a tiny crowd though apparently (obviously because he had to clash with Post Malone due to his booking rules) so i can't see him back at least till 2021?

I meant hope Slowthai is back mate haha.

Yeah as someone who was at Mura Masa, crowd came out to the middle barrier just about and barely filled out to the sides from what I remember.

10 hours ago, Dim Sum said:

Just Watching Tame Impala again at Glastonbury absolutely amazing show I think they deserve to either co-headline or sub nothing less. 

agreed, their Glastonbury set list was amazing, I can't wait till next year when they start touring with the new album, they deserve a headline spot

1 hour ago, Blaxey said:

Muse official account just post a photo of their show at Reading festival in 2011. What about them? Know they were in 2017.

would not be surprised to see them headlining again it's a easy booking for festival republic plus it will still bring an audience in. I can imagine Muse would be a pretty cheap headliner meaning they could get some strong on the Saturday like they did with Eminem in 2017 so I would say in reflection if muse were to be there:

Foals 

Kanye West

Muse 

12 minutes ago, Dim Sum said:

would not be surprised to see them headlining again it's a easy booking for festival republic plus it will still bring an audience in. I can imagine Muse would be a pretty cheap headliner meaning they could get some strong on the Saturday like they did with Eminem in 2017 so I would say in reflection if muse were to be there:

Foals 

Kanye West

Muse 

Kanye isn’t playing R&L next year. Sadly. 

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Too soon surely? Think they were just reposting a post by their official photographer he randomly stuck on his own Insta.

Yeah Muse will headline Reading again, not for another few years though. Going by tradition the earliest would be 2022/23.

Bloody hell feels weird beginning to predict a headliner 4 years in advance ?

1 hour ago, Han Ford said:

Yeah Muse will headline Reading again, not for another few years though. Going by tradition the earliest would be 2022/23.

Bloody hell feels weird beginning to predict a headliner 4 years in advance ?

I'm finding it weird enough to think it'll be 2020 in 2 months, nevermind the idea of predicting headliners for the likes of 2022/23.

I'm kind of not convinced Muse will do it for a while in any case. But I guess it depends if any cash is thrown their way.