Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I was there in 2011 and they didn’t really get the biggest crowd. I understand things are different with a reunion but it doesn’t surprise to me to see that they might be playing it a bit safe with their initial reunion date.

You can tell that they’ve signed up with goldenvoice because GV have access to some pretty big gigs. 

A sold out show at APE will create big demand for them in 2021 I imagine. It’s a good strategy. Maybe there is a new album in the pipeline and they aren’t ready to pull off a headliner show yet.

Or the hype dies and no one is really still interested in 2020. 

need to come out swinging

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Eminem, The Strokes, Kanye and Paris Hilton say what the fuck is uppppppp

Indeed. A great band who I love but their impact on 2000s pop culture was really not slightly impactful outside of their, admittedly large niche

This is actually stupidly mind blowing, can't believe they're actually back! Think it's got to be R+L surely, APE would be such an understatement though saying that The Strokes' comeback was similar festivals and a show at APE - though I feel this is a whole new level.

In other news, Slipknot announced Wacken Open Air (31 Jul - 2 Aug), so they are definitely around and could be the curveball booking if no MCR.

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Eminem, The Strokes, Kanye and Paris Hilton say what the fuck is uppppppp

Okay, in terms of rock bands they were absolutely the biggest influence on popular culture. 

Its a massive deal though. I’m sure we discussed on here not too long ago that it is the MCR of 2006/7 that people choose to remember, when they were on top of the world and inescapable, not the MCR of 2010/11 who released a widely panned album. People love a bit of revisionist history and this is going to bring the nostalgia for a hell of a lot of people. 

It has been really cool seeing loads of people I’m really close with absolutely losing their shit on twitter and Facebook since last night :D 

Edited by Andre91

I’ve heard from a few contacts that have spoken to their UK booking agent that it’s a worldwide tour. Though seems small ish venues to begin. Brixton in June is what I’m hearing and possibly a few other uk dates. 
If so those those tickets are gonna sell out stupidly quick. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Okay, in terms of rock bands they were absolutely the biggest influence on popular culture. 

Its a massive deal though. I’m sure we discussed on here not too long ago that it is the MCR of 2006/7 that people choose to remember, when they were on top of the world and inescapable, not the MCR of 2010/11 who released a widely panned album. People love a bit of revisionist history and this is going to bring the nostalgia for a hell of a lot of people. 

It has been really cool seeing loads of people I’m really close with absolutely losing their shit on twitter and Facebook since last night :D 

Were they really bigger influence on culture in the UK than Green Day with their 2 massive 00s albums? 

48 minutes ago, jcarb said:

I’ve heard from a few contacts that have spoken to their UK booking agent that it’s a worldwide tour. Though seems small ish venues to begin. Brixton in June is what I’m hearing and possibly a few other uk dates. 
If so those those tickets are gonna sell out stupidly quick. 

Surely they wouldn't just play Brixton as a London date. That would sell out 6 times over!

Wherever they end up playing I'll do anything to get tickets

1 minute ago, a6l6e6x said:

Surely they wouldn't just play Brixton as a London date. That would sell out 6 times over!

Wherever they end up playing I'll do anything to get tickets

It's just what I've heard from a few people, does seem a little odd but might just be creating hype and huge demand.
I mean the venue they have booked for the reunion gig so far is only 6000+ which seems small for such a big reunion.

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The main thing I remember about My Chemical Romance from 06/07 was their thousand people march against The Daily Mail...and only a few dozen fans showed up :P Also how big Mindless Self Indulgence got when Lyn-Z married Gerrard Way, their venues size tripled and was filled with MCR fans.

MCR were a big band but in the peak they were never a massive band outside of their fanbase. I do give them credit though as they were great live, I honestly think they are more rock and roll than Guns n Roses live. 

On 2/5/2018 at 5:03 PM, randlfan said:

My friends aunt just got some info on the 2020 headliners too btw, fair if you don't wanna believe me but we'll just have to wait and see won't we.

BBK, AM, MCR reunion.

cya there.

MCR reunion , now I was skeptical at first given recent news of the LA concert you were correct !!!! There has been a MCR reunion , maybe just maybe they'll headline Leeds !!!!!

On 2/5/2018 at 5:03 PM, randlfan said:

My friends aunt just got some info on the 2020 headliners too btw, fair if you don't wanna believe me but we'll just have to wait and see won't we.

BBK, AM, MCR reunion.

cya there.

okay but you saying MCR reunion and yesterday (31/10/2019) MCR hit a come back; that’s no coincidence