Lineup 2020

randlfan

Honestly feel a bit bad for BMTH if they get booked as a co-head. One of my favourite bands and I love amo, but it definitely hasn't propelled them up enough to go beyond sub-headliner level, and they simply won't sell the day tickets (supposedly like APE).

I respect their artistic integrity to do whatever they want, amo really should've been a That's The Spirit 2.0 though (or with more 'bangers' as Sykes described a lot of TTS as). I'm sure they'd be looking at a solo headliner slot if it had gone that way.

They've lost their hot factor a lot and would honestly look like a solid but unexciting sub-headliner nowadays, which is mad because looking back they were super strong when booked in 2015 before Metallica.

Paramore or Florence or Wolf Alice will headline and it will be paraded as super woke and the first females to headline RandL.

Travis Scott will headline with Foals, Catfish or BMTH underneath him but sold as co heads

Stormzy will close out the show and they will put somebody for the older heads like Muse, Strokes etc underneath to shut up the "to many rap headlines" crowd 

18 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Paramore or Florence or Wolf Alice will headline and it will be paraded as super woke and the first females to headline RandL.

Travis Scott will headline with Foals, Catfish or BMTH underneath him but sold as co heads

Stormzy will close out the show and they will put somebody for the older heads like Muse, Strokes etc underneath to shut up the "to many rap headlines" crowd 

Paramore have already (co)-headlined. Wolf Alice are still a little bit away from headlining, I'd imagine Reading will want to give them a big main stage slot (sub or subbing a co-headliner on the new album) before they get pushed up. At this point I'm wondering if Florence ever will headline. 

At this point I'm starting to believe the Strokes/Stormzy/Travis Scott-Bring Me rumour. It makes a lot of sense, is actually realistic and would sell okay. 

4 hours ago, Han Ford said:

Honestly feel a bit bad for BMTH if they get booked as a co-head. One of my favourite bands and I love amo, but it definitely hasn't propelled them up enough to go beyond sub-headliner level, and they simply won't sell the day tickets (supposedly like APE).

I respect their artistic integrity to do whatever they want, amo really should've been a That's The Spirit 2.0 though (or with more 'bangers' as Sykes described a lot of TTS as). I'm sure they'd be looking at a solo headliner slot if it had gone that way.

They've lost their hot factor a lot and would honestly look like a solid but unexciting sub-headliner nowadays, which is mad because looking back they were super strong when booked in 2015 before Metallica.

Co-headlining is subbing. An argument can be made if the two acts close a site each but that hasn’t always been the case when R&L book co-headliners. 

I can see them letting BMTH close up North whilst Travis does do at Reading. 

amo is more interesting that That’s The Spirit. At least they experimented with lots of different things on amo (to varying degrees of success). TTS was a boring album that very much stuck with one idea. 

I think you’re looking back with rose tinted glasses to 2015 as they were, particularly on here, seen as a weak booking to sub Metallica. That performance wasn’t good at all and was backing track central. I was at the APE show and that seemed to have changed. If they put on the kind of show at R&L that they did at APE, they will blow all the other acts that day away (except Travis, maybe). 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

Can't exactly see Muse/Strokes below Stormzy to be honest - strokes wouldn't accept it and muse are bigger than stormzy

I can't attest to BMTHs size but I wouldn't use APE as much of a gauge when judging their Reading placement. Reading is much more their crowd than a festival that had Bon Iver and Mumford & Sons on the same weekend. I know APE only sells by the day but I think that makes a difference. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 1986 said:

I can't attest to BMTHs size but I wouldn't use APE as much of a gauge when judging their Reading placement. Reading is much more their crowd than a festival that had Bon Iver and Mumford & Sons on the same weekend. I know APE only sells by the day but I think that makes a difference. 

The London day festivals are sold on their line ups, most people don't even refer to them by the festival's name but rather just whoever is headlining and like you said they are sold as separate events.. It has also never stopped the other London days festivals, British Summer Time had Justin Bieber and Green Day the same year, Wireless had Deadmau5 and Drake the same year, Gunnersville had Doves and You Me At Six the same year etc.

12 minutes ago, jump said:

The London day festivals are sold on their line ups, most people don't even refer to them by the festival's name but rather just whoever is headlining and like you said they are sold as separate events.. It has also never stopped the other London days festivals, British Summer Time had Justin Bieber and Green Day the same year, Wireless had Deadmau5 and Drake the same year, Gunnersville had Doves and You Me At Six the same year etc.

All fair points, I was going to go further by saying BMTH was on a Friday and the undercard (RTJ and IDLES aside) appealed more to the heavier side of their output/ fans. So maybe the metal heads didn't like the poppier band they are now and the R1 listeners didn't want to spend the day watching metal bands so both sides couldn't be bothered to book the day off. But conjecturing wildly now and making excuses for a band I don't even like :). I still think they would go down well at R/L.

22 minutes ago, 1986 said:

All fair points, I was going to go further by saying BMTH was on a Friday and the undercard (RTJ and IDLES aside) appealed more to the heavier side of their output/ fans. So maybe the metal heads didn't like the poppier band they are now and the R1 listeners didn't want to spend the day watching metal bands so both sides couldn't be bothered to book the day off. But conjecturing wildly now and making excuses for a band I don't even like :). I still think they would go down well at R/L.

So we just need to make sure Bring Me don't play the Friday on either site, there's no rappers, pop or heavy acts on the line up and they will go down at R&L :P