Lineup 2020

randlfan

47 minutes ago, AThom94 said:

Hey guys, aware that being a new guy this might come across as trolling, but I have it on excellent authority that R&L have booked The Strokes, Stormzy, Travis Scott and Bring Me the Horizon to headline the festival next year. I'd rather not share my source as I don't want to get them into trouble, but it's a very close friend who I know wouldn't relay false info. Just thought I'd pass it on, understand scepticism but I am certain that those are the headliners.

would put money on this

1 hour ago, AThom94 said:

Hey guys, aware that being a new guy this might come across as trolling, but I have it on excellent authority that R&L have booked The Strokes, Stormzy, Travis Scott and Bring Me the Horizon to headline the festival next year. I'd rather not share my source as I don't want to get them into trouble, but it's a very close friend who I know wouldn't relay false info. Just thought I'd pass it on, understand scepticism but I am certain that those are the headliners.

Sounds believable 

1 hour ago, AThom94 said:

Decent set to be honest. Two hiphop/grime headliners won’t raise eyebrows with reading’s current audience - but it will definitely sell well.

Who is coheadlining because there is a strong argument that Stormzy and Travis have the chops to headline outright.

1 minute ago, AThom94 said:

Don't know anything about who is coheadlining with who, although you've got to think that Bring Me the Horizon would be one of the coheadliners.

Yep I assume so.

Makes sense, as they are still touring next summer, have only played a couple of UK shows since releasing the new album. A big co-headline show to finish that album cycle.

12 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

I suggested a few pages ago a Travis/BMTH coheadline, I think those two seem like the obvious pairing if this info is correct. 

But then again this is the festival that regards Kendrick and PATD! on the same level so all bets are off there. 

I think people have been saying that one for a while, because it follows a pattern. @SomeoneListeningIn has said it at some point but I don't know whether that was for 2020 or 2027.

Anyway, just because they'd be on the same day doesn't mean the fest considers them the same size. I think - much like Kendrick - Travis Scott would be the biggest headliner there and then the one randomly boosted into a headline spot is scheduled to go on before.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, foolee said:

BMTH have just been announced for Highfield festival in Germany in August the weekend before R&L so it's starting to look more and more likely they'll be at R&L as I'm not sure what other festival would book them. 

It’s looking likely. 

I think the co-headliners will either be BMTH + Travis or Travis + Stormzy but I think the former is more likely. 

Edited by Andre91

35 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

BMTH could co-headline with Strokes and let Travis and Stormzy headline outright

Imagine how much hate they would get from that when they release the lineup it would look awful on the poster. I don't think the Strokes are one to accept a co-head honestly I think BMTH would be better suited for a big font but sub both places kind of deal anyway. On the other hand though would mean big or exciting indie/rock names hopefully in the R1 tent which would be awesome to see as last years were kind of lacking (Bastille)

1 hour ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Shocked BMTH are co-head material based on how badly their APE show sold in the summer.

We don’t know actually how bad it sold though, it’s all hearsay. They may of sold 30k tickets and gave 10k out on the giveaways to make sure APE had a lot of people through the gates and more revenue through drinks etc. Which is still not amazing but if they’d sold as badly as some have said on here R&L wouldn’t bother booking them at all. 

19 minutes ago, sebastian pacheco said:

Even if it was supposedly sold badly, there were still more than 40,000 people watching their headliners show that day. They deserve that slot, no doubt of that

I was there that day, like fuck were 40k people there. The crowd felt smaller than a sold out Alley Palley show when Bring Me played.

The capacity for All Points East is 40k, not that there were 40k people there.

4 minutes ago, jump said:

The crowd felt smaller than a sold out Alley Palley show when Bring Me played.

Come on now. There was far more than 10k there. I heard on the DL forums that there was 30k+ on site but again, that’s hearsay. Nobody knows for sure. The same as the ‘only selling 2k tickets’ or whatever it was. It’s all hearsay. 

I feel like I’m back on the DL forums but every single APE show other than The Strokes sold poorly. BMTH aren’t going to play lower than co-headliner, which is essential subbing. They’re plenty big enough to sub. 

Edited by Andre91

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Come on now. There was far more than 10k there. I heard on the DL forums that there was 30k+ on site but again, that’s hearsay. Nobody knows for sure. The same as the ‘only selling 2k tickets’ or whatever it was. It’s all hearsay. 

I feel like I’m back on the DL forums but every single APE show other than The Strokes sold poorly. BMTH aren’t going to play lower than co-headliner, which is essential subbing. They’re plenty big enough to sub. 

For the headline set the crowd wasn't that deep or dense, I actually found it harder get through the crowd to gets drink during Nothing But Thieves than Bring Me.